Do you associate Thailand and Missouri together?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:44:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you associate Thailand and Missouri together?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you associate Thailand and Missouri together?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Do you associate Thailand and Missouri together?  (Read 984 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:03:56 AM »

LOL yes, always. I wonder if there is anyone outside of the forum that does.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 02:34:21 AM »

No, but I associate the Thai language with creepy middle-aged men way too much.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:33:49 AM »

No.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:37:22 AM »

No.  Missouri is the worst place on earth.  Thailand can't be that bad. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:05:42 AM »

No.  Missouri is the worst place on earth.  

Really?  It is bad, but I'm sure there are many worse states.  In fact here is a map - red is better than Missouri, blue is worse than Missouri, and gray is roughly equal to Missouri:

Anyway you're in Western Pennsylvania, right?  I can't really see any way that that is better than Missouri, though I guess Eastern Pennsylvania is slightly better.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 11:11:42 AM »

No.  Missouri is the worst place on earth.  

Really?  It is bad, but I'm sure there are many worse states.  In fact here is a map - red is better than Missouri, blue is worse than Missouri, and gray is roughly equal to Missouri:

Anyway you're in Western Pennsylvania, right?  I can't really see any way that that is better than Missouri, though I guess Eastern Pennsylvania is slightly better.

Your loyalty to Misery stuns me, but it's actually nice to see, opebo.  SC and MS might be the closest.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:15:37 AM »

Your loyalty to Misery stuns me, but it's actually nice to see, opebo.  SC and MS might be the closest.

Actually Mississippi is much worse and South Carolina might even be better, due to some  beach towns, and Charleston.  The point isn't that I'm defending Missouri, just that it is just another bad state among many in the Bad Place. 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2011, 11:27:56 AM by Torie »

Yes, Gramps, SC has Charleston, with Dukie there as a lagniappe to boot (suggesting that perhaps it is even legal for Greeks to live there). What the heck is wrong with you!  :

SC aside, Opebo's map has some merit (his tastes and mine as to aesthetics are not all that disparate), but he is clueless in putting those 4 Western states in the penalty box. Heck, Montana is not even all that GOP! And just because Utah is crawling with Mormons, does not mean that it is not a wonderful state - to visit. To live there might prove to be a personal inconvenience however, so no. But living among the LDS in and of itself does not intimidate me (not much does anymore). Heck, maybe I can convert some of them to my religion. Smiley

Oh, and Atlanta really sucks, so no to Georgia - unless we are talking about Savannah. Other than that, no, no, no, no, no!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »

Yes, Gramps, SC has Charleston, with Dukie has a lagniappe to boot (suggesting that perhaps it is even legal for Greeks to live there). What the heck is wrong with you!  Tongue

Other than my fellow Greek, Dukey, SC blows horribly, Torie.  You can keep it.  I'll avoid it and Misery at all costs.  Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »

Yes, Gramps, SC has Charleston, with Dukie has a lagniappe to boot (suggesting that perhaps it is even legal for Greeks to live there). What the heck is wrong with you!  Tongue

Other than my fellow Greek, Dukey, SC blows horribly, Torie.  You can keep it.  I'll avoid it and Misery at all costs.  Wink

You ever been to Charleston Gramps? If so, what did you find to be suck about it?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 11:33:29 AM »

SC aside, Opebo's map has some merit (his tastes and mine as to aesthetics are not all that disparate), but he is clueless in putting those 4 Western states in the penalty box. Heck, Montana is not even all that GOP! And just because Utah is crawling with Mormons, does not mean that it is not a wonderful state - to visit. To live there might prove to be a personal inconvenience however, so no.

I've been to those states, didn't like them.  Most of them have no cities - only big cities are worthwhile, so it is only St. Louis that makes Missouri remotely tolerable.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 11:35:50 AM »

You ever been to Charleston Gramps? If so, what did you find to be suck about it?

Nope and I'm not going, I'll take your word for it and just say the rest of it sucks......can we stop now, Torie?  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 11:37:22 AM »

Nope and I'm not going, I'll take your word for it and just say the rest of it sucks......can we stop now, Torie?  Tongue

OK Gramps. We are all entitled to our little eccentricities, of which I am sure that I have far more than you in any event. "Normal" bores me. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 11:40:02 AM »

SC aside, Opebo's map has some merit (his tastes and mine as to aesthetics are not all that disparate), but he is clueless in putting those 4 Western states in the penalty box. Heck, Montana is not even all that GOP! And just because Utah is crawling with Mormons, does not mean that it is not a wonderful state - to visit. To live there might prove to be a personal inconvenience however, so no.

I've been to those states, didn't like them.  Most of them have no cities - only big cities are worthwhile, so it is only St. Louis that makes Missouri remotely tolerable.

How did NC make your red list then?  Surely, you are not in love with Charlotte.  And Vermont, NH and Maine (and Delaware too) for that matter.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 12:56:04 PM »

That's true.. for me those New England states are not much good, but I voted them better in a nod to general opinion, and the likely reaction of the forum.  But on the other hand they're also not that far from Montreal, which is a huge plus. Places like Idaho or Wyoming are so far from anything remotely decent.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 06:28:04 PM »

No (normal/not BRTD)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies