Snowguy for Senate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:55:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Snowguy for Senate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Snowguy for Senate?  (Read 1182 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »

Hello Atlasia,

Though my recent term as senator kind of petered out at the end due to illness and real life obligations, I truly feel I wasn't able to get done what I wanted to get done with my short time in office. 

While I will admit my tenure as PPT left, well, Yankee to be desired, I feel I would be an effective senator that can both represent the left-wing of Atlasia while also working with the right to accomplish common goals.  I truly believe that we need to shift our priorities onto the basics in order to secure long term economic prosperity. 

I believe education reform and increased infrastructure investment are two key factors in ensuring a vibrant economy in the future... and these are areas where we have put off investments and we are lagging behind in the world now.  Being competitive doesn't just mean a business friendly tax code and lots of cash in the hands of the Wall Street bankers.  It means giving every Atlasian access to world class educational opportunities from cradle to grave, ensuring they can live long, happy, productive, and fulfilling lives with a strong safety net and quality health care services (and improvements through research), and providing modern, efficient infrastructure to get the ideas and products of Atlasians to the market place.

We can do better in these areas.

Therefore, I am announcing my candidacy in the special election.

I'd appreciate your votes in the election.

Snowguy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:50:44 PM »

You'll certainly receive a high preference from me. I'd love to work with both you and Oakvale in the Senate. Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 11:21:48 PM »

kewl
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 06:14:46 AM »

Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 09:58:17 AM »

YEAH!!!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 08:55:36 PM »

Before the voting begins I want to make another request for your preference in the special senate election.

Atlasia is at a crossroads.  Our mid-20th century style education system (which itself borrows heavily from mid 19th century styles) is outdated and needs major reform.  Only with a challenging, rigorous curriculum, expanded opportunities for young children and adults, and modern facilities can we educate our citizenry to get the best jobs and bring innovation and prosperity to Atlasia.  Our higher education system also needs revamping in order to draw the brightest students from around the world.  Our immigration policies should reflect that goal.
Transportation also needs an overhaul.  While many lament trains as being the travel mode of the 19th century, they are happy to get in the car and drive using basically the same technology that was used 100 years ago to get people around. 

Cars and planes are simply too reliant on oil to run.  And despite rising oil production in Atlasia, we need to reduce our oil consumption and rely on cleaner domestic sources for our energy needs.  Trains fit the bill.  They can be run on diesel or biodiesel, coal, and they can draw electricity directly from a catenary.  Electric trains are light-weight, supper efficient, and can travel up to 220mph in regular service with faster speeds not out of reach.

We need to diversify our transportation infrastructure.  By increasing mass transit use over the long haul and switching to trains for medium range and some long range trips, we can eliminate congestion at airports and significantly reduce the load on the interstate system, especially on the east coast.

If elected senator, I will work to make these policies a reality.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 11:35:24 PM »

Snowguy has served admirably as PPT of the Senate, and has my first preference endorsement.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 06:46:13 PM »

While I am aware I may be branded a turncoat in my party, I believe you should return to the Senate to do the great job you were doing previously, you also have my first preference and endorsement.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 06:52:29 PM »

Thank you for the support! Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »

Looking forward to serve with you, pal Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 06:54:53 PM »

I'm extremely pleased we're going to serve together Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 08:05:15 PM »

Congratulations on your victory Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 08:24:40 PM »

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »

Thanks guys!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 09:17:16 PM »

Congratulations on your victory, and I hope to see you in April for the rematch.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »

Congratulations on your victory, and I hope to see you in April for the rematch.
Bring it on Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 04:49:48 AM »

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 12:18:53 AM »

I am running for re-election. 

I will be honest.  I've been disheartened by the lack of activity in the senate over the past few months.  I feel we haven't acted quickly enough on legislation.

We have a social security bill that has been floating around for months now while senators just ignore all the feel-good busywork bills that everyone wants out of the way but can't come up with the patience to let the rules play out.

I'd say "REFORM THE SYSTEM"... but it won't happen and it wouldn't work anyway.  It is what it is.

But it can't stop a man from trying.  I will push for meaningful legislation that comes in bite-sized packages so we can get it through without it being lost in debate for months on end.  Only in this way can we ensure Atlasia prospers.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies