MA: The Teaching Salary Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:27:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: The Teaching Salary Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: The Teaching Salary Act (Debating)  (Read 3814 times)
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji

« on: March 09, 2011, 01:14:50 AM »

I'm a little worried that teachers would have no incentive to teach underperforming students. On this scale, a teacher would make less if their students' test scores are lower, but there is only so much he/she can control. It's really difficult to objectively grade teacher performance, and it opens up the system to unnecessary controversy or bureaucracy, depending on the path we choose to take.
agooji

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:08:40 AM »

I agree with shua and Inks in that it is in the local government's jurisdiction to determine the quality of the teachers.

On another note, I am in favor of instituting a region-wide system implementing "combat pay," where teachers in high-risk, historically low-result neighborhoods are paid more in an attempt to correct the system.
agooji

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 07:08:23 PM »

Also, it might encourage teachers to lower standards on certain assignments. I'm not saying it will happen, but it may be a possibility.

I don't think it is the regional government's place to legislate specific assignments or the expectations of specific teachers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies