Reporting posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:27:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Reporting posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Reporting posts  (Read 2954 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 02:46:25 AM »

I made that because I was pretty frustrated at how people keep responding to his posts despite that he basically just makes the same exact 5 over and over. Anyway it's kind of ridiculous to infract me for that after tolerating it for awhile and not infract LarryT.

1. I was asking why you reported Kalwejt for basically saying about you what you said about MD1990.  Trust me, there are plenty of people here who view you as a troll just as you view MD1990 as a troll.  So, how was Kal trolling / making a personal attack if you weren't?  And who's LarryT?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 02:49:59 AM »

LarryT was Kal's sock that he was never disciplined for, and my pet name for him.

But anyway I'll promise not to report people over minor things anymore although there was clearly a double standard there if Kal wasn't also infracted (you could've just locked it without infraction if that was your big concern you know. Clearly no one was offended by the thread when I made it as it was open for quite awhile.) I will however continue to report the actual major infractable stuff only if made by people I dislike and will not by people I like. You may notice for example that I reported posts for profanity before, even though everyone knows that I'm not the slightest bit offended by it, but only if it's from the select few people I report posts for.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 02:51:47 AM »

Talking about double standards here... I'm amazed with your hypocrisy, Red. You should be, you seems to believe, free to call people "trolls" (or worse), but when someone states that you're trolling too, that's OMG PERSONAL ATTACK I REPORT YOU!

Dude, chill out.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 02:53:48 AM »

1. I don't know where you got the idea that he wasn't infracted for that, but he was.

2. You STILL have not answered my question: Why did you report that post for trolling/personal attack?  When he quoted what you said about MD1990, how could it possibly have been trolling/personal attack unless your post was as well?

And for the record, both of you were trolling there, but it was so minimal I normally would've let it slide.  The reason I infracted it was because both of you were abusing the reporting system, so if you're going make extra work for me, I'm not going to give you a free pass on the small stuff.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 02:54:50 AM »

Kalwejt, BRTD, you aren't helping your cases here.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 02:55:08 AM »

BRTD, you have to get over the case of whataboutery.  The mods have a thankless task as it is without reading baseless reports.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 02:57:57 AM »

Talking about double standards here... I'm amazed with your hypocrisy, Red. You should be, you seems to believe, free to call people "trolls" (or worse), but when someone states that you're trolling too, that's OMG PERSONAL ATTACK I REPORT YOU!

Dude, chill out.

If a guy was known to be guilty of armed robbery but get away with it I wouldn't be surprised if the police and a judge were a bit harsh on him later for shoplifting.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 02:58:16 AM »

My favorite part is BRTD acknowledging he is a hypocrite and has a hard on for certain posters.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 03:00:15 AM »

Inks, it's moot, I have promised to not report trivial violations like that now. I have simply stated that I will continue to report only actual infractable stuff by people I dislike and ignore it if I like the poster, and will do so regardless if I'm offended or not. Everyone here knows I don't care the slightest about profanity, but if someone in the Hamilton clique uses it, why shouldn't I report it?

My favorite part is BRTD acknowledging he is a hypocrite and has a hard on for certain posters.

Uh, weren't you similar to me in hating and wanting to ban Libertas and Hamilton?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 03:04:20 AM »

Here's an useful idea for you, Zack. Next time you receive points you feel you didn't deserve, PM moderator of a certain board or eventually Dave himself, instead of whinning about it here.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 03:04:43 AM »

You see, your failure to answer my question confirms my thoughts--you didn't really think Kalwejt was trolling.  You reported his post for personal reasons because you had a grudge.  If you really thought he was trolling, you would've said so, but your avoiding answering my question because you know I'm right.  And that is the behavior that I'm asking everybody to stop.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 03:05:39 AM »

You see, your failure to answer my question confirms my thoughts--you didn't really think Kalwejt was trolling.  You reported his post for personal reasons because you had a grudge.  If you really thought he was trolling, you would've said so, but your avoiding answering my question because you know I'm right.  And that is the behavior that I'm asking everybody to stop.

And I have promised to do so.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 03:12:27 AM »

You see, your failure to answer my question confirms my thoughts--you didn't really think Kalwejt was trolling.  You reported his post for personal reasons because you had a grudge.  If you really thought he was trolling, you would've said so, but your avoiding answering my question because you know I'm right.  And that is the behavior that I'm asking everybody to stop.

Well, less than an hour ago, you said that you didn't do this.  I'm glad you were able to admit it; now I'm just emphasizing that it's not going to be tolerated anymore.  And again, this is NOT directed just at you... there are multiple people who've been doing this, and this is everyone's final warning.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 03:17:20 AM »

Uh, weren't you similar to me in hating and wanting to ban Libertas and Hamilton?
Not at all.  I never once reported a post by either of them (or anybody else for that matter) and didn't really care if they were banned or not.  I did support the mods after the fact, just like I (almost) always do after a ban.  I didn't hide the fact that I didn't like them, but I don't like assholes normally, but I really hate them when they share a lof of my views.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 03:22:40 AM »

You see, your failure to answer my question confirms my thoughts--you didn't really think Kalwejt was trolling.  You reported his post for personal reasons because you had a grudge.  If you really thought he was trolling, you would've said so, but your avoiding answering my question because you know I'm right.  And that is the behavior that I'm asking everybody to stop.

Well, less than an hour ago, you said that you didn't do this.  I'm glad you were able to admit it; now I'm just emphasizing that it's not going to be tolerated anymore.  And again, this is NOT directed just at you... there are multiple people who've been doing this, and this is everyone's final warning.

Well since you've made your point perhaps infraction points made to emphasize that could be removed? Yeah remove Kal's too if you'd like, I don't care.

Not at all.  I never once reported a post by either of them (or anybody else for that matter) and didn't really care if they were banned or not.  I did support the mods after the fact, just like I (almost) always do after a ban.  I didn't hide the fact that I didn't like them, but I don't like assholes normally, but I really hate them when they share a lof of my views.

That seems a bit more hypocritical than anything I've said, it's like saying you won't do anything about a robbery in progress but won't complain when the robber gets arrested. I probably could've reported you for the previous post by the way but I won't because despite all the crap you give me I don't hate you. But my point is that this system is clearly not limiting conflict as it's supposedly created for. It was created in reaction to people like the above mentioned types essentially having free reign, which Inks says won't happen anymore with Nym's new powers. Well I agree, so why do we have it? We got along pretty well for over 5 years without it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 03:24:05 AM »

And for the record I will stand by that Kal has no right to complain, this is like someone who got off on a technicality for a serious felony whining about a traffic ticket.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2011, 03:28:33 AM »

And for the record I will stand by that Kal has no right to complain, this is like someone who got off on a technicality for a serious felony whining about a traffic ticket.

And I agree that Dave should've been harsher on him when he had his sock.  Under the new system with Nym, Kal probably would've been banned.  But the statute of limitations has kinda run out on that, and ultimately, that's not something that affects the day-to-day running of the FC/OT boards.  That's something that's above my pay grade. Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 03:29:45 AM »

Btw, this was a year ago. Kind like reporting 3-year old post, Zack.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 03:36:35 AM »

BRTD, you have to get over the case of whataboutery.  The mods have a thankless task as it is without reading baseless reports.

I don't really have any comment regarding BRTD's reporting, but I must object to your "thankless task" comment. People love playing internet policeman. Don't act like it's some volunteer duty they take up begrudgingly. They love it. It makes them feel important and powerful. They cherish the power they have, as minuscule as it may be in the grand scheme of things. Just look at someone like Sam, who has been threatening to resign for years. But guess what, he never does resign, because it would mean losing what tiny amount of power he has in this world, a thought that utterly terrifies him. He would be nothing in real life and on the internet.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 03:42:48 AM »

I know that some of us do it because we like this forum, and we want to make it a better place.  To put a blanket statement over all of us saying that we do it because it makes us feel important and powerful is like saying that the only reason people upload election data is so that they can see "Data for this Contest was Contributed by [Your Name Here] on YYYY-MM-DD."
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 03:46:35 AM »

That seems a bit more hypocritical than anything I've said, it's like saying you won't do anything about a robbery in progress but won't complain when the robber gets arrested.
It's not analogous to robbery....maybe graffiti...or better yet, being loud in the library.  I'm probably not going to call the cops on the graffiti guy nor would I tattle on some punks being loud in the library, but I'm not going to lose any sleep when either gets caught.  If I knew of somebody actually stealing from Mr.Leip's website I likely would let the powers that be know about it.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
thank you?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Or maybe we got lucky for a few years without it?  I don't know.  I'm not a big fan of the whole "points" thing either, but I don't really care enough about it.  If it was a big deal to me, I'd just leave.  It isn't like this is the only message board on the internet that talks politics.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2011, 04:08:07 AM »

This thread is hilarious.  It is wonderful how the purpose of this forum has evolved from political discussion to strategies for how to control others and limit speech.

But I suppose it is definitely a form of 'politics' (not very different from office politics).  One wonders where, if anywhere, one may speak ones mind.  I guess in the shower.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:18 AM »

Yes, clearly the purpose of this message board is to control others and limit speech.

....but please limit you speaking your mind to the shower...since clearly that is the only place you can.  Roll Eyes

(yeah, I don't know why I feed the trolls either)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2011, 04:32:23 AM »

Yes, clearly the purpose of this message board is to control others and limit speech.

....but please limit you speaking your mind to the shower...since clearly that is the only place you can.  Roll Eyes

(yeah, I don't know why I feed the trolls either)

Well, I can't ever say what I like in the office, and now the forum is the same. 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2011, 04:41:31 AM »

Seriously, you're going to limit what you say on the message board out of fear of......what exactly?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies