Reporting posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:31:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Reporting posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Reporting posts  (Read 2955 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 04:48:38 AM »

Seriously, you're going to limit what you say on the message board out of fear of......what exactly?

Being banned, obviously.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 05:00:42 AM »

And how would being banned be different from not saying what you want to say?  I don't see the point of staying here if you feel (incorrectly I might add...which I'm sure you know...we all know you ain't going to stop posting/trolling) you can't be the person (character) you're trying to be.  If being ....<snicker> "yourself" gets you banned, then why would you want to be here in the first place?  I know I wouldn't go to place where I couldn't be myself (unless my whole point of being there was to troll...but even that would get boring in time).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2011, 10:50:14 AM »

Except in the rarest of instances, I think it unmanly to report posts. It doesn't even occur to me to do it actually, and there are other ways to handle conflict - and with much better results I might add. Perhaps some of you might want to ponder this.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 10:57:59 AM »

Except in the rarest of instances, I think it unmanly to report posts. It doesn't even occur to me to do it actually, and there are other ways to handle conflict - and with much better results I might add. Perhaps some of you might want to ponder this.

Exactly.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2011, 01:32:08 PM »

I'm proud to never have reported any post. The trolls that post report-worthy material eventually get banned anyways.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2011, 02:10:07 PM »

And how would being banned be different from not saying what you want to say?  I don't see the point of staying here if you feel you can't be the person (character) you're trying to be.  If being ....<snicker> "yourself" gets you banned, then why would you want to be here in the first place?  I know I wouldn't go to place where I couldn't be myself

That's the point, I like coming here, and I miss being myself.  The alternative of protesting the censorship a bit seems better than just playing internet chess and watching youtube all day without also chatting.

Not at all, Torie.  It is a form of protest to participate fully in a fascist system - once everyone is a victim at one time or another, they'll question it.  In any case the overseers are asking us to squeal - hence the system.  To support the system and not participate is hardly 'manly' either.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2011, 03:27:28 PM »

Opebo, since you live in such a free country why don't you just speak your mind there?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 03:41:06 PM »

Opebo, since you live in such a free country why don't you just speak your mind there?

Because I am, alas, experiencing the humiliation of paid employment, Gustaf.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 09:40:47 PM »

I'm proud to never have reported any post. The trolls that post report-worthy material eventually get banned anyways.

But it does expediate the process.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 09:52:31 PM »

*waiting until this thread turn into another Gustaf v. opebo episode*
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2011, 02:39:05 AM »

The people who get reported more often (like BRTD, Opebo, Grumps, etc...) are fortunately unbannable. On the other hand, really nasty trolls like wormyguy have a ridiculously low number of reported posts...
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2011, 02:45:59 AM »

I have one reported post, and I don't even know what it was about or what I said. Tongue
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »

How is reporting posts different from running to the teacher everytime somebody says a dirty word at recess?

Good question.

I haven't reported a single post (if for some reason I have...misclicked buttons).  I can't imagine what would have to happen for me to report.

Ditto.
And I've put up with a lot of sh*t.
I think the only way I would ever report a post is if it was an explicit and serious (none of those "I'll f***ing shoot you bitch" posts some of our joke posters will probably reply to this) death threat directed towards me.  I mean isn't there a law about that sort of thing?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2011, 10:21:30 AM »

The people who get reported more often (like BRTD, Opebo, Grumps, etc...) are fortunately unbannable. On the other hand, really nasty trolls like wormyguy have a ridiculously low number of reported posts...

Well to be fair that was MONTHS ago.
His count has probably increased since then.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2011, 01:25:35 PM »

One thing these posters don't do that your suggest are "protected," (I disagree but whatever), is engage in extended flame wars. Did you ever notice that?  If you want to rack up a bunch of penalty points, engaging in such flame wars is probably the most efficacious way to do it, I suspect.  BRTD has racked up his share of points in any event. 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2011, 10:18:59 PM »

opebo is three times the troll wormguy is.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2011, 11:09:52 PM »

What I find funny is the fact that after making his baseless accusation, bgwah has yet to return to this thread.  Funny, but not surprising...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2011, 03:46:24 AM »

BRTD, you have to get over the case of whataboutery.  The mods have a thankless task as it is without reading baseless reports.

I don't really have any comment regarding BRTD's reporting, but I must object to your "thankless task" comment. People love playing internet policeman. Don't act like it's some volunteer duty they take up begrudgingly. They love it. It makes them feel important and powerful. They cherish the power they have, as minuscule as it may be in the grand scheme of things. Just look at someone like Sam, who has been threatening to resign for years. But guess what, he never does resign, because it would mean losing what tiny amount of power he has in this world, a thought that utterly terrifies him. He would be nothing in real life and on the internet.

Didn't notice this until Ink's post. Bgwah projects so much that it is absolutely hilarious. Simply put, this merely shows how he would act as a moderator.

Which might explain why he didn't reply to you, Inks. You probably hit too close to home.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2011, 06:41:37 AM »

Pretty much the only time I report posts is when they don't belong on the forum where they're posted and are driving out the real traffic on the forum... like when someone was posting "what do you think?" polls on the polls sub-boards in the 2012 elections forum.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2011, 06:45:53 AM »

What I find funny is the fact that after making his baseless accusation, bgwah has yet to return to this thread.  Funny, but not surprising...

No offense, but your reply was seriously lacking. The obvious rebuttal would have been to accuse of me doing the same thing in Atlasia, though you seemed to have missed that. Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »

No offense, but your reply was seriously lacking. The obvious rebuttal would have been to accuse of me doing the same thing in Atlasia, though you seemed to have missed that. Tongue

Well, you had no proof of the claim you were attempting to make (at least not for the moderating team as a whole).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2011, 05:50:03 PM »

Are you suggesting Inks that you in fact are not an egomaniac? Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »

Are you suggesting Inks that you in fact are not an egomaniac? Tongue

Well, I mean, I'm such a great and humble person that I really don't think it matters what I think about myself.  So, why don't you and a couple dozen other posters tell me about how I'm not an egomaniac, but really a great person who has no character flaws.  Sometimes I just sit around and think about what a great person I am... ahh, good times. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies