SENATE BILL: Second Amendment to the Proportional Representation Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:35:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Second Amendment to the Proportional Representation Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Second Amendment to the Proportional Representation Act (Law'd)  (Read 3086 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: March 10, 2011, 11:57:25 PM »

This is very important!!! Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:46:58 AM »

Yeah, on the Wiki, on someone's page, it will be blank when it says preceded to succeeded by. I hate it!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »

It got somewhat complicated, so if someone wants to read through it and make sure it all makes sense, I would appreciate it. Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 09:31:06 PM »

It got somewhat complicated, so if someone wants to read through it and make sure it all makes sense, I would appreciate it. Tongue

For number 4, why use alphabetical instead of "political persuasion"?

Doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

Well actually it matters to the extent that I would atleast like a response. Tongue

Can you clarify if you mean Clause 4 of my amendment or Clause 4 of what would be the amended bill
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »

Hmm, okay, sure, that seems like a fine amendment. I would like to change it to the following:

4) Clause 3 of Section Six will read: "If a party has multiple departing Senators and multiple incoming Senators, the political persuasion of the departing and incoming Senators may be used to determine who is the successor. Should a dispute arise, the Attorney General shall decide. Should there be no clear political match, then the successors shall be organized alphabetically beginning at the lowest numbered seat held by the party.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »

when it says "may be determined," who will determine it, initially?

Whoever is editing the Wiki. Grin
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 03:49:51 PM »

Sorry. I accept my own amendment as friendly, if that's what you're asking.

and what is the practical difference between there being a dispute and "no clear political match"? it sounds like giving two different remedies for the same problem.

I don't fully understand your question. But I will try to explain what I mean with an example.

Let's say hypothetically that that the RPP and JCP each lost one seat, while the Populares and UDL each gained one. You could assign the successors randomly, or you could use their political leanings to make it more logical. A political match to me would probably be JCP --> UDL and RPP --> Populares, though I suppose it may depend on the specific candidates involved. But, just an example to give you an idea of what I meant.

A dispute would be two people editing the Wiki disagreeing on a political match or whether one exists in the first place. The Attorney General would be brought in to decide. I kind of doubt this would actually happen, but after the Populares-color controversy I thought I would include it just in case.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 08:16:23 PM »

aye
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »

I'm the only senator trying to get something done regarding Libya while we waste time on stupid cat bills.

Your Libya bill needs a lot of work on. In current form, it's empty slogan.

I don't disagree. But at least I introduced a bill. We just need a slot to open so we can get to work on actual important things.

That is your opinion. Not all of us are eager to give the President unchecked control to do whatever he wishes in foreign nations.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 03:48:14 AM »
« Edited: March 28, 2011, 03:50:06 AM by bgwah »

By the time he proposed his legislation, the uprising had been going on for over a month. Heck, it appears even the coalition (IRL) had gotten involved before he made his proposal. I don't think he is in any position to complain about the speed at which the Senate is reaching the issue. Besides, some of us do not support intervention, so of course we are not going to introduce legislation regarding the matter.

Furthermore, voting nay on this bill for his stated reason makes no sense. Voting nay because he wants to move onto other legislation is silly. It's at a final vote, it's going to end either way. Besides, this bill has a direct effect on the game's operation, while anything relating to Libya is pure fantasy. I would argue this bill is more important than his.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »

By the time he proposed his legislation, the uprising had been going on for over a month. Heck, it appears even the coalition (IRL) had gotten involved before he made his proposal. I don't think he is in any position to complain about the speed at which the Senate is reaching the issue. Besides, some of us do not support intervention, so of course we are not going to introduce legislation regarding the matter.

Furthermore, voting nay on this bill for his stated reason makes no sense. Voting nay because he wants to move onto other legislation is silly. It's at a final vote, it's going to end either way. Besides, this bill has a direct effect on the game's operation, while anything relating to Libya is pure fantasy. I would argue this bill is more important than his.

Would you not, at least, support some type of humanitarian aid?

We'll see... Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies