SENATE BILL: The Game Moderator Reform Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:44:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Game Moderator Reform Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Game Moderator Reform Act (Law'd)  (Read 6909 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: March 20, 2011, 07:05:11 PM »

Ditto---at least regarding the SoEA's role under this bill. RE: the SoIA, I'll reiterate my earlier question:

The SoIA is limited to regional matters, and I like the idea, but what role would the GM's Office have for regional matters? Would the GM and SoIA have "co-jurisdiction" over regional issues?

That said, expanding the role of these two offices to give them some form of "assistant GM" powers is a great and long overdue idea I heartily support.

The GM office would more be focused on Senate affairs, and the SoIA would have a focus on regional affairs. My interpretation of the bill is that the GM office would not have powers over regional affairs.

For the record, though, the GM could still have the ability to post on and influence whatever he likes, right?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »

Also, just as an outside suggestion, I think all of this should be done in the same thread. Scattering important stories across at least three threads is a recipe for confusion and people missing important stuff.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »

Such speedy work.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 07:15:40 AM »

Sure!

Do more.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2011, 08:07:20 PM by You are a killer just for fun »

I'm very sorry, we're inferior beings and we can't possibly devote three straight nights to write a highly-detailed bill of twenty pages lenght in Microsoft Word.

Are you kidding me, this old "you do too much, nerd alert!!!" attack? The fact that such an attack is used seriously is kind of sad. And besides, when the hell was I referring to you here at all, anyway? Talk about "jumping on every opportunity to criticize" someone. Sheesh.

I don't think this is an attack on you, Kal, but more on me. Instead of actually trying to help find solutions like most of us are doing, Marokai is more focused right now on finding every opportunity to criticize me.

That being said, I'm serious - If anyone has a problem or concern with this bill, please let it be known now. But I feel we've done a pretty good job covering about every concern that has been voiced thus far.

The idea that you would have a comeback to criticism with "well if you have a better idea, propose it!" is dumb, since the amendment you just proposed was basically something I brought up as a comment in this very thread, like, 8 days ago. During that time nothing moved and no one formally proposed anything.

I suppose if people want to actually use the "you do too much, loser!" attack on me for proposing people more faster than 8 days for an amendment, you can go for it, but the fact of the matter is this is moving pitifully slowly and you can take plenty of the blame for not taking a more constant and consistent hands on approach.

Thank God for Badger, at least.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies