SENATE BILL: The Game Moderator Reform Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:28:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Game Moderator Reform Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Game Moderator Reform Act (Law'd)  (Read 6956 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 11, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »

Here's my questions: What limit does the SoEA have to write about foreign crisises and the like affecting Atlasia? Could the SoEA write his/her own crisis and respond to it? That kind of takes the challenge out of it IMHO.

The SoEA would have to work with the GM on significant crises involving Atlasia.  Basically, the legislation allows the SoEA to get things in gear, and to create peripheral stories that give the GM something to work with.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 04:30:28 PM »

It'd be cool if it could be codified or remain as unofficial policy to make the SoEA/GM's job easier and to not have a sh**tload of boring RL-articles about elections in Niger.

It will certainly be used for reference.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:30:40 PM »

I have one concern. Is that appropriate for SoEA, for example, to make up an events he'd respond to?

As I've said, basically what this bill will do is allow the SoEA to create stories as a base for the GM.  It also creates background information.  The SoEA cannot create a crisis, respond to it, and give himself the Nobel Peace Prize.  He creates the baseline, and then works with the GM to share the Nobel Peace Prize.

I hope this alleviates your concern.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 01:37:28 PM »

I'd like to see this passed as soon as possible.  Amend it as necessary.  I thought I wrote it clearly, but  please do what you need to to pass the bill.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 01:36:59 PM »

It's been four days; can we pass this now?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 01:38:55 PM »

Since there were no clear objections, I assume amendment is passed automatically.

That was my impression, which should mean this bill is acceptable to all factions and can now be voted on (hint, hint).
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 06:05:14 PM »

FINAL VOTE!  FINAL VOTE!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »

SENATORS THIS BILL IS AT FINAL VOTE, SO PLEASE VOTE AYE, NAY OR ABSTAIN. AND DO SO QUICKLY.

Cheesy  Thank You!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 07:16:47 PM »

There is a problem here. Badger's underlined changes never got introduced as amendment by a Senator. Damn it.

The amendment I declared passed was tmth's from several days ago.

Then once this bill passes, just introduce the Amendment by itself as a new bill.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 09:36:59 PM »

PASS THE BILL AND AMEND IT LATER.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »

please stop yelling. you are almost making me rethink my vote to give you more powers. Tongue

Fine Tongue

At this time, it is imperative that this bill be passed.  It can be amended rather quickly, but we are in a much better position the quicker the bill is put into law.  Badger's amendment, as he himself said, is unlikely to really be relevant under this GM and with this SoEA/IA, so I do not see much point in delaying passage just to let the amendment come through.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies