Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 07:05:57 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  2012 Elections and On
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Poll
Question: What do you think of this timeline?
Excellent   -6 (28.6%)
Good   -4 (19%)
Okay   -4 (19%)
Poor   -3 (14.3%)
This is bad...you need to stop right now   -4 (19%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: 2012 Elections and On  (Read 10312 times)
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2011, 04:11:52 pm »
Ignore

The Democrats won only 13 of 37 (and only 10 of 34 nonspecial) Senate seats last time around. If Biden wins, they should pick up 7 or 8, an even if he loses, they should pick up 4 or 5.

How about Georgia? Could Roy Barnes get a Senate seat? Or Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin in South Dakota?
Some popular republicans ran for reelection in some very republican states. They held on, perhaps if these incumbents had retired, a democrat would have had a shot to pick up a seat. Its just the way it goes.

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195483.new#new
the birth of modern america & onward election Frederick Douglas becomes the 1st African American president of the united states when he wins election to the office in 1892 only 30 years after the height of slavery in the United States. He narrowly wins reelection in 1896 against William Jennings Bryan. Douglas runs again in 1900 and even indicated his interest in a 4th run in 1904 but Grover Cleveland wins the 1900 election.
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2011, 05:34:51 pm »
Ignore

North Carolina Moves from Burr Column Back to Undecided
Welcome back to election night 2016 coverage. This has been a wild night so far that has just gotten wilder. The state of North Carolina, the home state of Dick Burr, has been moved from the republican column to the undecided column. Burr led by about five percentage points when it was first projected for him, but has gotten so close since then that we are moving it to the undecided column. This is not saying that Burr has lost North Carolina, nor has he necesarily won it. This does not mean that all hope is lost for Joe Biden in North Carolina. We just want to double check the result there before we make a final projection. Hold on something else is happening, we have two more projections just now coming in.

Minnesota and New Mexico both go to Biden

The electoral board has just had a shake up and it is not necesarily in Burr's favor. Vice President Joe Biden has 231 electoral votes...now former senator Dick Burr has 209 electoral votes. It takes 270 electoral votes to win. There is still more to come on this now even more interesting night. Please stay with us.

the birth of modern america & onward election Frederick Douglas becomes the 1st African American president of the united states when he wins election to the office in 1892 only 30 years after the height of slavery in the United States. He narrowly wins reelection in 1896 against William Jennings Bryan. Douglas runs again in 1900 and even indicated his interest in a 4th run in 1904 but Grover Cleveland wins the 1900 election.
feeblepizza
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2011, 07:41:55 pm »
Ignore

I can't see North Carolina being retracted from Burr. He's too popular; he only lost in a poll in 2010 once, by two points. Even then, 24% of respondents were undecided.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2011, 07:46:48 pm »
Ignore

I can't see North Carolina being retracted from Burr. He's too popular; he only lost in a poll in 2010 once, by two points. Even then, 24% of respondents were undecided.

but it was 2010.. any republican would have won that year...
I agree that Burr is winning NC, GPORTER only wanted to put some cliff-hanger, duh.

My evolution (by The Political Matrix):
E: -6.06 -> -6.97 -> -6.97 -> -8.13 -> -7.29 -> -8.26 -> -8.65 -> -7.03
S: -6.78 -> -6.09 -> -7.30 -> -7.13 -> -8.09 -> -8.35 -> -9.04 -> -8.61
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2011, 09:13:00 pm »
Ignore

I agree that Burr is winning NC, GPORTER only wanted to put some cliff-hanger, duh.
This whole night has been a cliff hanger pretty much so far. The Biden camp feels like they have a better chance at carrying North Carolina than say Ohio.

feeblepizza
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2011, 09:21:02 pm »
Ignore

This whole night has been a cliff hanger pretty much so far. The Biden camp feels like they have a better chance at carrying North Carolina than say Ohio.
The Biden camp is out of their minds, then.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2011, 09:24:18 pm »
Ignore

Burr is pretty unpopular in North Carolina now too. The state is also changing. In this timeline, North Carolians rejected a Helms in 2014 and reelected Kay Hagan.

Burr had some tough elections nrl in 2004 and 2010. 2010, he rode a republican tidal wave to a big victory. But, in 2004, it was by only three or four points.

feeblepizza
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2011, 09:28:25 pm »
Ignore

Burr is pretty unpopular in North Carolina now too. The state is also changing. In this timeline, North Carolians rejected a Helms in 2014 and reelected Kay Hagan.

Burr had some tough elections nrl in 2004 and 2010. 2010, he rode a republican tidal wave to a big victory. But, in 2004, it was by only three or four points.
It used to be 35%-40%, but now it's a little under 50, isn't it?

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2011, 10:11:16 pm »
Ignore

Nevada goes to Biden.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2011, 10:21:46 pm »
Ignore

We have a major projection:

Pennsylvania goes to Biden

And this is breaking news, because now Joe Biden is only thirteen electoral votes away from the 270 needed to win.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2011, 10:48:11 pm »
Ignore

BREAKING NEWS: BIDEN WINS
Virgnia goes to Biden and Biden is the 45th President of the United States
Burr: 209
Biden: 270
270 to win

Major victory tonight for Biden and the Biden family, James Carville...

James Carville: Well, there are some very happy people in Delaware and the democratic party tonight. This is certainly a surprise.

Wolf Blitzer: More to come. This is a victory for Joe Biden. More analysis and maybe a statement from one of the two camps. More to come

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2011, 11:15:45 pm »
Ignore

There is no concession as of yet from the Burr campaign, however, the Bidens are appearing in Scranton, Pennsylvania, at the hotel where they have been watching returns tonight. Yes, Joe and Jill Biden, the next first couple of the united states are appearing before their supporters.

Burr Wins Ohio

Theres another projection in Ohio for Burr. We will talk about that in just a few moments, after we listen to Joe Biden, the next President of the United States, speaking in Scranton.

Thank you, this is such an honor. It is an honor to be back here in Scranton with all of you at 5 o'clock in the morning. Well, this has turned into a close election. That is a fact, however another fact is that the votes have been counted and we won.

I want to thank and congragulate the best, most formidable, and toughest opponent any man every had in Dick Burr. Since his time in politics, I have gotten to know him as I can and have found him to be a fine man. And, as I have said, throughout this campaign in many parts of this nation, he is a good and decent man who deserves our respect and gratitude.

In this hard fought campaign, he stood for what he believed in with honor and dignity. Our political system is better off because of his effort. Ladies and gentlemen, there is so much we are going to do together over the next four years. We are going to continue to create jobs, continue to improve our economy, and work for freedom around the world.

To my wife Jill, my sons and family thank you so much. I also want to acknowledge and thank my campign staff. They have been great. To the next vice president of the united states, Ted Strikalnd, you and your family have been great assets in this campaign and will be in our government.

To all of those millions of volunteers, thank you for all you have done. Jill and I could never express our gratitude for your hard work over the course of this campaign. We look forward to fighting for you and all other americans across the country over the next four years, thank you and God Bless America. Thank you very much.  

Thats the scene in Scranton, Pennsylvania tonight. Lets note, this is a victory speech without a concession. However, we will be watching the Burr campaign headquarters for anything of the such of a concession.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2011, 07:14:27 am »
Ignore

Excellent speech by Biden. His victory is a big surprise Wink But I still think Burr will carry NC.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2011, 07:30:30 am »
Ignore

Tongue At least the US gets a second Catholic President [/blatant religious bigotry], but I can't see many positives beside that. I'm predicting we'll have our first Presidential death since 1963 in the next couple of years.

feeblepizza
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2011, 07:41:41 am »
Ignore

Why, Garrison? Why?

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2011, 10:46:24 am »
Ignore

Well, now that we have the big projection underway, we can say that we have two more projections.

Iowa and Arizona both go to Dick Burr.

Also a senate projection:

Ken Buck defeats incumbent senator Michael Bennet for the Colorado senate seat.

Also, word from the Burr camp, we are expected to hear from them not until about 10 AM. When the race was called, the Burrs decided to go to bed instead of conceeding defeat at that moment. So, we will certainly be hearing from them sometime in the next fwe hours. There is now ord yet if senator Burr has even called the vice president to congragulate him. So, we will wait and see for that.

feeblepizza
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2011, 12:07:27 pm »
Ignore

Senator Buck...bleh Sad

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2011, 03:34:36 pm »
Ignore

Does anyone know what real life speech I got part of Biden's speech from?

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2011, 04:21:13 pm »
Ignore

This is an upset, with 99% of the precients reporting in the state of North Carolina, we can make a final North Carolina projection:

Joe Biden Wins North Carolina

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2011, 11:40:55 am »
Ignore

Day after Election, evening news

Well, it happened. Vice President Joe Biden will move up to the Oval Office in January. Biden defeated republican former north carolina senator Dick Burr to become the 45th President of the United States of America. Burr conceeded at mid day today. He wished Biden well in his new position, thanked the millions of campaign workers, as well as the people of North Carolina for giving him the opprotunity to serve the country he loves.

Even though Burr carried states like Ohio, Florida, and Iowa. Biden won the election with states like Michigan, Virgnia, North Carolina, Colorado, and Nevada. Biden held a lot of the Obama base in this election. North Carolina was a surprise as this is Burr's home state. The final electoral map looked like the following:
Biden won the election with 294 electoral votes to the 244 electoral votes won by former senator Burr. 270 electoral votes were needed to win. When the election was called, Burr had fallen pretty far behind Biden. Burr came back, but it was too late. In the senate, democrats picked up two seats and lost two seats. Harry Reid and Michael Bennet both collapsed in their reelection bids. However, Mark Kirk and Rand Paul, republicans, both lost in their respective races. The balance of senate power will remain 51-49 in favor of the democrats at least for the next two years. In the house, republicans will maintain a majority there with 235 seats to democrat's 200 seats. 218 seats were needed to win control of the house.

feeblepizza
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2011, 12:06:40 pm »
Ignore

Good TL, but the result blows ass.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2011, 02:00:09 pm »
Ignore

Good TL, but the result blows ass rocks.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2011, 12:04:31 pm »
Ignore

2017 A

The year opened with the inauguration of president elect Biden and vice president elect Strikland. In a roller coaster of an election, the democrats ended up winning thanks to victories in a collection of smaller swing states. The republicans did what they wanted and carried Ohio, and Florida. However, Biden upset in Colorado, and North Carolina. He also held onto key states such as Virgnia, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. These were key to his election victory.

The election victory was also unique to Barack Obama. Obama became only the fourth US President to bring his vice president into office after him. The first being George Washington and John Adams. The second being Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren. The third, much more recently, Ronald Reagan and George HW Bush. And now, the fourth and final (at least for now), Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

Barack Obama was also retiring from public life in January 2017. In a farewell address from the white house east room, President Obama thanked the American people and spoke about his presidency...”…I want to thank all of my supporters, my family, and those watching us around the world. To the armed forces, America’s finest, it has been my honor to serve as your commander in chief these last eight years. To president elect Biden and your family, we wish you God speed and always the very best. It has also been a great asset to have such an admirable, accomplished man by my side as vice president….to all of you watching who have given us the honor of your support and trust in both 2008 and 2012 as well as during the actual administration, we dreamed, we worked, we realized and now we must pass it on. For thus is change in America, it is passed on for generations to come. Thank you and God Bless America.”

President elect Biden took the oath of office on January 20th, 2017. Biden gave an up beat inaugural address and sent a hopeful message to the country and the world at the start of a new administration. The speech was well received and Biden began his presidency with a fifty-five percent job approval rating.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2011, 07:37:09 pm »
Ignore

Who's in Biden's cabinet?

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2011, 12:08:02 pm »
Ignore

2017 B:

The Biden cabinet consisted of some bipartisan names. For example, Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts governor and two time presidential candidate, is secretary of the treasury. John Kerry, former long time Massachusetts senator is at the state department.

As Biden enters office, he is inheriting a pretty stable economy. Unemployment is slowly rising, but is at a pretty good level. Just a little under seven percent. On the foreign stage, however, things would heat up throughout Biden’s presidency.

The first year of Biden’s term was relatively quiet. Basically the no news is good news type mentality for the most part. That fall, some interesting elections were happening across the country.

In Virgina, the term limits had been abolished for Virgina governors in the middle of McDonnel’s first term. Incumbent republican governor, Bob McDonnell was eligible to run for a third term if he chose to. McDonnell has decided to run for a third term. He would defeat sixty-three year old reverend Delores McQuinn in the race for governor of Virgina. McDonnell makes history becoming the first Virgina governor to win a third consecutive term in office.

In New Jersey, Chris Christie would be retiring from the governorship at the conclusion of the current term. Douglas Palmer, former mayor of Trenton, won the democratic nomination for governor. Kim Guadagno, incumbent lieutenant governor of New Jersey, won the republican nomination in the hopes of succeeding Christie in his office. Palmer, despite his age, upset Guadagno in November and Douglas Palmer became the next governor of New Jersey.

And a senate election was held in Massachusetts. When John Kerry became secretary of state in the Biden administration, his old Massachusetts senate seat was left vacated. A special election was held with the other November 2017 elections. On the democratic side, Ted Kennedy Jr, the son of the late senator Ted Kennedy and step son of incumbent senator Vikki Kennedy, won the democratic nomination. On the republican side, Scott Brown, who was defeated by incumbent democratic senator Vikki Kennedy, was nominated by the republicans.

The race was close and it looked like Brown might very well be defeated by another Kennedy. However, on election night, Brown narrowly pulled ahead and won reelection to the united states senate. Brown would have to run to defend his seat in the 2020 election cycle.

However, as of now, Brown returns to the senate. This makes for an interesting situation. Republicans pick up another senate seat. They need two to have a majority and one to tie. There is a 50-50 tie in the senate. This means that the vice president, Ted Strikland, will cast the tie breaking vote for the determination of the balance of power in the senate. Strikland, being a democrat, votes to let the democrats keep their majority in the united states senate.

This is dangerous ground for democrats. Republicans only need a net pick up of one senate seat in the 2018 elections to control the united states senate.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout