Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:52:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 30
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 93872 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: August 10, 2011, 01:05:24 PM »

Voter turnout =/= voter opinion. I live here, people are sick of it, but they'll still turn out to the polls to vote for since they want their opinion to be heard. But I guess I'll bend to your opinion since you live in Greece and I only live in WI! Roll Eyes

So it is Republicans who are sick of the process. Thanks for the clarification.

And no, being from Wisconsin sadly doesn't make your opinion the Absolute Truth.

Whatever you want to think, not like you ever listen to anyone here anyways.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #551 on: August 10, 2011, 01:56:59 PM »

Walker got what he wanted, so he can tack moderate now. The heavy lifting is done.

Well, in this country, "moderate" translates to "weak".  Especially on Republican standards.  This is a huge showing of weakness.

No Republican's going to lose faith in Walker for quite some time after the wins he racked up before the recalls. He's free to say what he wants to in order to win reelection.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #552 on: August 10, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »

I think absentees are counted on election night in Wisconsin.

So, here's what last night shows:

1. Republican incumbents who are not scandal-plagued are still capable of winning Republican districts.

Didn't you mean to say, "Republican incumbents...can still hold Obama districts?"

Wasn't that the meme right up until the night the Democratic nominees lost?

No, the districts still had Republican PVI's.

Except Kapanke's.

Those may very well be the numbers, but, that wasn't the meme, until, of course, the Democrats lost.
MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« Reply #553 on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »

It seems to me that someone like kapkanke (sp) losing because hes in a democratic districts misses a larger point. He was clearly able to win this seat even in a year like 08 so he had some broad appeal.  If he has now lost it shows that his desicions lost that broad appeal. In a state that is aleast marginally democratic one would think you have to hold seats like this if your republicans and you want a long standing majority. Yes, i am sure they can gerrymander the hell out of things a maybe make enough safe seats but that a risky long term startegy escpicially in a politically literate state like wisconsin. Uber political gerrymandering voter laws politically targeted and voter id laws all scream we are doing this for our gain not for the betterment of the state, people may be apathetic but they are not stupid. Sooner or later if you play with fire your gonna get burnt.

Also, what really saddens me about this whole thing both here and in other states is the complete lack of knowledge about what labor unions have done for people throughout the years. I am glad i never had to work when i 8 or that when i was hurt on the job i didnt just get fired cause i couldnt work anymore and had recourse against my employer for the negligence that caused the accident.  The problem i see is that over time people forgot the struggles that granted them rights and benifits that they have become so accustom to having they now take them for granted. Just my opinion everyone has one.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #554 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42:20 PM »

Our old friend, the counting error, makes another appearance. Cowles' margin in Outagamie was overinflated (it's 54-46, not 69-31), but obviously it's not enough to change the outcome.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #555 on: August 11, 2011, 04:03:03 AM »

MSM is certainly working hard to spin this as a big Republican victory (or at least it seems that way in my admittedly limited experience with it in recent days).
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #556 on: August 11, 2011, 04:18:52 AM »

MSM is certainly working hard to spin this as a big Republican victory (or at least it seems that way in my admittedly limited experience with it in recent days).

Oh, that librull lamestream media, always comes through in the clutch.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #557 on: August 11, 2011, 08:05:57 AM »

In a futile effort to make J.J. shut up...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #558 on: August 11, 2011, 08:25:42 AM »

You don't know what you're talking about, you  Washingtonian hippie!
Ir's pretty obvious that Real Wisconsinites are sick and tired of that recall business.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #559 on: August 11, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »

Pretty obvious disconnect between the first three and the last three here.

Real Wisconsin is only in the first three districts, of course.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #560 on: August 11, 2011, 09:05:25 AM »

Great, so if we can get Scott Walker to have a scandal approximately 3% (1/33) as embarrassing as leaving your wife for your aide and shacking up together, he will lose a recall narrowly.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #561 on: August 11, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »

Isn't the Cowles data point skewed, too, because of the incorrect tabulation of results?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #562 on: August 11, 2011, 09:42:05 AM »

Well, if you take out the race that had nothing to do with Scott Walker and everything to do with leaving your wife for an aide a few months before an election, then you get:

All 5 Districts: 56.9% vs. 54.6%
Wisconsin Statewide 52.3% vs. 51.4% (extrapolated)

Of course, you knew that already.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #563 on: August 11, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »

We have no idea how Walker will perform in other corners of the state that are not as Republican or not very Republican at all. Any gubernatorial recall will be about Walker, with Democratic strongholds in the mix. None of these recalls really had a lot of Democratic strongholds involved.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #564 on: August 11, 2011, 10:26:22 AM »

Thanks for this! Obvious proof that Walker is loathed by Wisconsin.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #565 on: August 11, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »

Ir's pretty obvious that Real Wisconsinites are sick and tired of that recall business.

Well, I'm pretty sure that middle Wisconsin is sick of the vandalism, the shouting, the unlawful detentions, the harassing phone calls, and, probably, the saturated political ads.

Associating your movement with the symbol of an organization that murdered police officiers isn't going to help your position.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #566 on: August 11, 2011, 10:50:44 AM »

So, you are saying that as if right now, if the unions pour nearly 200,000,000 dollars in a recall election they might just win it?

Where exactly did the Walker recall stand a few months ago? Seems he was behind. The unions spent 30,000,000, yet Walker gained ground.

Your intolerance is mattering less and less.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #567 on: August 11, 2011, 11:04:10 AM »

Well, I'm pretty sure that middle Wisconsin is sick of the vandalism, the shouting, the unlawful detentions, the harassing phone calls, and, probably, the saturated political ads.

Associating your movement with the symbol of an organization that murdered police officiers isn't going to help your position.

Despite the rumors you  have heard by the orderlies during your treatment, the man in the suit talking on TV the last days is David Cameron, Prime Minister of England.

P.S. What's an officier?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #568 on: August 11, 2011, 12:04:58 PM »

Nice chart Lief. Thanks for finding it. It does appear that there was marginal GOP erosion overall.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #569 on: August 11, 2011, 12:23:11 PM »

Nice chart Lief. Thanks for finding it. It does appear that there was marginal GOP erosion overall.

It took a lot of money by the libs to erode it.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #570 on: August 11, 2011, 12:30:31 PM »

It took more money by the Republicans to not get eroded further.

I have no idea whatsoever what BS Bob is even talking about any more (I have him on ignore but he shows up in px's quote nest). None at all.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #571 on: August 11, 2011, 03:09:28 PM »

I like how Republicans are saying Democrats spent the most money, and how Democrats are saying that Republicans spent the most money.

Does anyone have any verifiable facts they could lay down?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #572 on: August 11, 2011, 03:20:58 PM »

I like how Republicans are saying Democrats spent the most money, and how Democrats are saying that Republicans spent the most money.

I read that the Dems outspent the GOP 2 to 1...but that was a few days ago and don't have a link to it. I found it somewhat hard to believe but it was written by a neutral source. I swear!  Tongue
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #573 on: August 11, 2011, 03:26:27 PM »

I read that the Dems outspent the GOP 2 to 1...but that was a few days ago and don't have a link to it. I found it somewhat hard to believe but it was written by a neutral source. I swear!  Tongue

I wonder if that accounts for how much Republican money is funneled through independent orgs these days.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #574 on: August 11, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »

Walker got what he wanted, so he can tack moderate now. The heavy lifting is done.

Yes BRTD, waves can break a gerrymander. I don't see a Dem one in the making for some time myself.  One requirement for it IMO given the current political environment will be a Pubbie president in office who becomes unpopular. I don't see it happening while Obama is in office. I suspect about half the voters or close to it want him leashed.

Yes, this is the legislature, but stuff flows down ballot these days almost seamlessly. State politics has been nationalized, and states are dealing with what are really national issues. JMO.

Are you conceding that Obama will be reelected?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies