Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:22:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 94981 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: March 15, 2011, 05:51:19 AM »

Two or three seats turning Democratic seemed about right from the beginning.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »

According to Dem internals, Hopper is in even worse shape than Kapanke.

http://wirecall.blogspot.com/2011/05/democrats-sure-in-18th.html

The SSDC is so sure about this that they've not yet committed full resources to this race. Originally, the plan was to have a full staff of 8 set up in Fond du Lac and Oshkosh, but so far only 3 have been committed.

I'm also told that resources have been shifted to the Luther Olsen recall, in a rural district that stretches from Baraboo all the way up to the northern part of the area just west of Lake Winnebago. The party sees that they have a seriously strong candidate in Fred Clark, a relative newcomer to state politics who was elected in 2008 and has a great rapport with his district, strong enough that he was able to survive a strong challenge as a first-term incumbent in the wave that came last fall.

The 4 GOP Senators that the Dems see as the best opportunities for recalls are, in order: Hopper, Kapanke, Darling, and Olsen. Personally, I think they have a good chance at Sheila Harsdorf as well.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:48:01 AM »

Fake Democrat running in Harsdorf's district. If they're going to do this, maybe they should be a little more subtle, i.e. not going with people who have run as a Republican before.

What's more confusing is that the state GOP is all but acknowledging that they are running these fakes to screw with voters... I mean, the hubris of this group is mind-boggling.

Is there any chance that these candidates will be denied ballot access because they are so obviously fake?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:18:52 AM »

Wisconsin Democratic recall opponent says he wants to "smack around" a women who will not vote for him:

Clark dials up a mess
Tim Damos/Baraboo News Republic
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:30 am
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I guess he could join forces with Prosser and form an Anti-Bitch Society.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 12:09:06 AM »

Very little of these races seem to actually be about the collective bargaining bill. At least that's the impression I'm getting from the TV ads.

These must be pretty epic match ups if you're seeing the Wisconsin ads in Washington!

You know, there is a wonderful new thing called the Internets. You should try it sometimes. It's much more practical than waiting for that damn pigeon.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 11:55:44 PM »

Very little of these races seem to actually be about the collective bargaining bill. At least that's the impression I'm getting from the TV ads.

These must be pretty epic match ups if you're seeing the Wisconsin ads in Washington!

You know, there is a wonderful new thing called the Internets. You should try it sometimes. It's much more practical than waiting for that damn pigeon.

Jokes - I guess they're difficult to appreciate when your country is burning down.

I didn't know that you're from Catalunya.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 04:15:17 PM »

As to the burning down part, I don't get the reference.

Nah, I saw a news report at a local channel about wildfires near Barcelona but apparently they exaggerated the magnitude of that incident.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 01:43:27 AM »

I see JJ is reliving his 2008 glory days of hilarious over-the-top hackery.
I eagerly await to hear about how the Bradley Effect killed the Democrats chances to take the senate.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 04:22:11 AM »

Well, to extend Nathan's point, next year the Democrats will be able to recall 5 more Republican senators that sit on districts that are more Democratic than the ones that were decided yesterday (save Kapanke's).
You think these senators will continue to embrace Walker and his policies with the same unquestionable loyalty, risking to become the new Kapankes and Hoppers?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 09:29:22 AM »

Well, to extend Nathan's point, next year the Democrats will be able to recall 5 more Republican senators that sit on districts that are more Democratic than the ones that were decided yesterday (save Kapanke's).
You think these senators will continue to embrace Walker and his policies with the same unquestionable loyalty, risking to become the new Kapankes and Hoppers?

They most likely won't try it. Everyone here is already sick of it, and since they didn't get it I think they'll just try and win some seats next year, whoever is up.

Oh, yeah. The voters were so sick of it that they turned out in record numbers in some precincts.

You may need some of those when you finish spinning.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 10:45:10 AM »

(Wisconsin should consider changing their recall laws, in any case.)

Why so timid?
They should just abolish the legislature and install Walker as Governor for Life, governing by decree.
The voters vindicated him after all.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 12:15:16 PM »

Voter turnout =/= voter opinion. I live here, people are sick of it, but they'll still turn out to the polls to vote for since they want their opinion to be heard. But I guess I'll bend to your opinion since you live in Greece and I only live in WI! Roll Eyes

So it is Republicans who are sick of the process. Thanks for the clarification.

And no, being from Wisconsin sadly doesn't make your opinion the Absolute Truth.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 08:25:42 AM »

In a futile effort to make J.J. shut up...

You don't know what you're talking about, you  Washingtonian hippie!
Ir's pretty obvious that Real Wisconsinites are sick and tired of that recall business.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 11:04:10 AM »

In a futile effort to make J.J. shut up...

You don't know what you're talking about, you  Washingtonian hippie!
Ir's pretty obvious that Real Wisconsinites are sick and tired of that recall business.

Well, I'm pretty sure that middle Wisconsin is sick of the vandalism, the shouting, the unlawful detentions, the harassing phone calls, and, probably, the saturated political ads.

Associating your movement with the symbol of an organization that murdered police officiers isn't going to help your position.

Despite the rumors you  have heard by the orderlies during your treatment, the man in the suit talking on TV the last days is David Cameron, Prime Minister of England.

P.S. What's an officier?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 03:50:50 AM »

Good news for Democrats

http://twitter.com/#!/markos/status/102934233256951808

Just got @ppppolls results from two Wisconsin recall elections Tuesd. Dems will win both by double-digits. Remember, PPP nailed last week

Another Republican triumph!
The people have spoken: leave Scott Walker alone!!!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 03:16:39 AM »

These election results represent a clear rebuke of Walker's politics and an embrace of the union agenda. They are very bad news for Scott Walker.

The Dems failed to take back the Senate, polls show less people favoring recall, and his approvals are not that bad. And if we look back a few months we can all remember the effort to take out Prosser failed. So I really don't see how you interpret this as some big embrace of the union agenda.

He's just parodying J. J.

I never mentioned the Walker poll and it took me a while to remember Prosser.

Not particularly good news for the Democrats; 'tis their summer of discontent.

It's interesting that I don't even have to mention these things for people to see it.

You can't be a real person.

Being a real person won't help you with the girls.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »

I like unions, collective bargaining and all that fun stuff, but the Wisconsin Dems need to learn there are consequences to losing elections, among them are bills passing that you don't like. All these recalls are getting ridiculous.

And Republicans need to know that votes have consequences too. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies