Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:38:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 95380 times)
MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »

It seems to me that someone like kapkanke (sp) losing because hes in a democratic districts misses a larger point. He was clearly able to win this seat even in a year like 08 so he had some broad appeal.  If he has now lost it shows that his desicions lost that broad appeal. In a state that is aleast marginally democratic one would think you have to hold seats like this if your republicans and you want a long standing majority. Yes, i am sure they can gerrymander the hell out of things a maybe make enough safe seats but that a risky long term startegy escpicially in a politically literate state like wisconsin. Uber political gerrymandering voter laws politically targeted and voter id laws all scream we are doing this for our gain not for the betterment of the state, people may be apathetic but they are not stupid. Sooner or later if you play with fire your gonna get burnt.

Also, what really saddens me about this whole thing both here and in other states is the complete lack of knowledge about what labor unions have done for people throughout the years. I am glad i never had to work when i 8 or that when i was hurt on the job i didnt just get fired cause i couldnt work anymore and had recourse against my employer for the negligence that caused the accident.  The problem i see is that over time people forgot the struggles that granted them rights and benifits that they have become so accustom to having they now take them for granted. Just my opinion everyone has one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies