Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:32:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 95006 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 10, 2011, 09:24:25 AM »

I love how none of the Republicans are talking about how it took hours to call Darling's race after she was the proud recipient of more out-of-state corporate largesse than any other state-level candidate in history.

Except everything I saw was about 10-1 against her, almost everything on TV and the annoying youtube ads were how she "voted to cut medicare, etc, etc". Plus the district took forever to be counted, another reason why it took so long to call it for her.

Well, to extend Nathan's point, next year the Democrats will be able to recall 5 more Republican senators that sit on districts that are more Democratic than the ones that were decided yesterday (save Kapanke's).
You think these senators will continue to embrace Walker and his policies with the same unquestionable loyalty, risking to become the new Kapankes and Hoppers?

They most likely won't try it. Everyone here is already sick of it, and since they didn't get it I think they'll just try and win some seats next year, whoever is up.

Repubs are likely to win back Hoper's seat when that seat is up with someone who doesn't have a scandel since the district was made even more Republican.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:39:03 AM »

Well, to extend Nathan's point, next year the Democrats will be able to recall 5 more Republican senators that sit on districts that are more Democratic than the ones that were decided yesterday (save Kapanke's).
You think these senators will continue to embrace Walker and his policies with the same unquestionable loyalty, risking to become the new Kapankes and Hoppers?

They most likely won't try it. Everyone here is already sick of it, and since they didn't get it I think they'll just try and win some seats next year, whoever is up.

Oh, yeah. The voters were so sick of it that they turned out in record numbers in some precincts.

Voter turnout =/= voter opinion. I live here, people are sick of it, but they'll still turn out to the polls to vote for since they want their opinion to be heard. But I guess I'll bend to your opinion since you live in Greece and I only live in WI! Roll Eyes

What I write below is in general, hence the line, so I'm not just saying it to you, so you can settle lol.

But seriously, Hopper's district was made more Republican and he likely would have run this time around too if he didn't have his own scandel.

The other big thing was there was almost nothing said about collective bargaining the whole damn campaign, it was all about how the Republican Senators was trying to take away everyone's medicare
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 01:05:24 PM »

Voter turnout =/= voter opinion. I live here, people are sick of it, but they'll still turn out to the polls to vote for since they want their opinion to be heard. But I guess I'll bend to your opinion since you live in Greece and I only live in WI! Roll Eyes

So it is Republicans who are sick of the process. Thanks for the clarification.

And no, being from Wisconsin sadly doesn't make your opinion the Absolute Truth.

Whatever you want to think, not like you ever listen to anyone here anyways.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies