If there was any lingering doubt that Evan Bayh is a whore...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:46:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If there was any lingering doubt that Evan Bayh is a whore...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: If there was any lingering doubt that Evan Bayh is a whore...  (Read 1858 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »

...this should quickly dispell that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »

Is this FOX's way of trying to show that they aren't in fact a wing of the GOP?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:21:38 PM »

Does this mean Pat Buchanan is a leftist?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »

I guess Alan Colmes was too controversial and opinionated for their taste.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 03:50:36 PM »

I'm glad we cut our cable. No Fox, no Evan Bayh.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 05:05:54 PM »

Well, Fox will certainly foster Bayh's latest hobby of trashing the Democratic Party.

He sure knows how to create jobs...for himself.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 06:31:36 PM »

Yeah, Alan Colmes is so controversial and opinionated to Fox News that he's still on the network and his radio show is syndicated by Fox News Radio.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:34:45 PM »

Now I'm confused. He has a ridiculous amount of money in his campaign account, but will shortly make himself unelectable in the Democratic Party by bashing it left and right on the Fox network. What's he going to do? Run as a Republican?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 06:37:12 PM »

Obviously a stepping stone to running for the GOP presidential nomination....

(kidding)
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 06:37:33 PM »

Now I'm confused. He has a ridiculous amount of money in his campaign account, but will shortly make himself unelectable in the Democratic Party by bashing it left and right on the Fox network. What's he going to do? Run as a Republican?

We've seen crazy things before...
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 06:38:30 PM »

Mostly just too boring.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 06:40:55 PM »

The only offices I can forsee him running for soon are statewide offices, like for Governor or Senator in 2016. If he runs for President again than he'll be doing it to get the VP spot.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »

Who says Bayh will be bashing Democrats?  Does every talking head on MSNBC bash Republicans?

Getting national exposure on the most-watched cable news network isn't a bad thing.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 06:58:48 PM »

Who says Bayh will be bashing Democrats?  Does every talking head on MSNBC bash Republicans?

No, but that's one of the differences between MSNBC and Fox News. Democratic fixtures on Fox News have a certain role to fill (see Joe Lieberman, Pat Cadell) and that's what they are paid for.

The most-watched cable news network is viewed by only a small fraction of the regular public, including approximately zero Democratic primary voters.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 07:07:21 PM »

No, but that's one of the differences between MSNBC and Fox News. Democratic fixtures on Fox News have a certain role to fill (see Joe Lieberman, Pat Cadell) and that's what they are paid for.

Yeah.  The 'Lean Forward" network that employed Keith Olbermann clearly isn't biased because "progressives" say so.  Only Faux News is.  Sure.

The most-watched cable news network is viewed by only a small fraction of the regular public, including approximately zero Democratic primary voters.
[/quote]

Last I checked, Indiana holds open primaries.  And even Democrats watch Fox News.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »

Yeah.  The 'Lean Forward" network that employed Keith Olbermann clearly isn't biased because "progressives" say so.  Only Faux News is.  Sure.

You need a new shtick. This is essentially your argument against anyone, ever.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »

Who says Bayh will be bashing Democrats?  Does every talking head on MSNBC bash Republicans?

Yeah.  The 'Lean Forward" network that employed Keith Olbermann clearly isn't biased because "progressives" say so.  Only Faux News is.  Sure.

You're arguing with someone other than me who is saying something other than I have.

Most of the times Fox has a Democrat on, it's to make Democrats look bad. You brought up MSNBC, which has some liberal talk show hosts but doesn't do the same thing. Joe Scarborough isn't there because he hates Republicans more in sorrow than in anger. Pat Cadell is on Fox because he's a Democrat from 35 years ago who bashes Democrats. Etc.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 07:42:57 PM »

Who says Bayh will be bashing Democrats?  Does every talking head on MSNBC bash Republicans?

Yeah.  The 'Lean Forward" network that employed Keith Olbermann clearly isn't biased because "progressives" say so.  Only Faux News is.  Sure.

You're arguing with someone other than me who is saying something other than I have.

Most of the times Fox has a Democrat on, it's to make Democrats look bad. You brought up MSNBC, which has some liberal talk show hosts but doesn't do the same thing. Joe Scarborough isn't there because he hates Republicans more in sorrow than in anger. Pat Cadell is on Fox because he's a Democrat from 35 years ago who bashes Democrats. Etc.

Fox News doesn't employ Juan Williams or Alan Colmes to make Democrats look bad.

Why do you suppose MSNBC employs a crank like Pat Buchanan, exactly?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 10:51:16 PM »

Bayh was wildly popular on this forum 4-5 years ago as a 2008 possibility. Why, I have no idea. It's always been obvious that he's not on anyone reasonable's side.

Wow, talk about a false equivalence.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 11:15:51 PM »

To those who live in the "progressive" bubble, watch MSNBC, don't watch Fox News at all, and think MSNBC, CNN and/or the alphabet networks are unbiased or have a right-wing bent, perhaps.  But all those networks are biased and have a leftist tilt, some more than others. 

The fact is that some Republicans on MSNBC, like Pat Buchanan, bash Republicans.  They are on that network to do so, pandering to its liberal audience.  But not every Republican does.  And it's downright laughable to suggest that every Democrat on Fox News bashes Democrats.  Most Democrat guests and pundits defend the party.  But if you don't actually watch the network, how would you know?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 11:21:15 PM »

I was going to jokingly suggest that for each time Cinyc puts the word "progressive" in quotation marks, everyone should take a shot, but if anyone actually did that they'd be dead by now.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »

If FOX wanted to hire me to be a political analyst for a six figure salary, I would do it in a heartbeat.  Just sayin'.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 01:22:06 AM »

Mostly just too boring.

And Bayh is going to set the house in fire, right?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 01:25:51 AM »

To those who live in the "progressive" bubble, watch MSNBC, don't watch Fox News at all, and think MSNBC, CNN and/or the alphabet networks are unbiased or have a right-wing bent, perhaps.  But all those networks are biased and have a leftist tilt, some more than others. 

The fact is that some Republicans on MSNBC, like Pat Buchanan, bash Republicans.  They are on that network to do so, pandering to its liberal audience.  But not every Republican does.  And it's downright laughable to suggest that every Democrat on Fox News bashes Democrats.  Most Democrat guests and pundits defend the party.  But if you don't actually watch the network, how would you know?

I see but can you admit that FOX is also biased and most likely a bit more biased than say, CNN?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 01:38:32 AM »

I see but can you admit that FOX is also biased and most likely a bit more biased than say, CNN?

Every news organization is biased, including FOX.  CNN has a definite liberal tilt, albeit not as pronounced as MSNBC.  FOX News Channel is the only major news organization with a conservative slant.

The fact is that non-partisan, "objective" news coverage has never existed.  Newspapers have always been partisan and slanted, despite their more recent claims of printing all the news that's fit to print.  And the alphabet networks' newscasts had an uncontested liberal slant for decades, until the advent of Fox News.  Again, they claimed to be "objective", but news readers like Peter Jennings and Walter Cronkite were hardly so.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies