The Department of Justice -- Results of March Election Investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:52:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Department of Justice -- Results of March Election Investigation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Department of Justice -- Results of March Election Investigation  (Read 5912 times)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2011, 09:02:45 PM »
« edited: March 18, 2011, 03:41:31 PM by Junkie »

Well, it is my first week on the job and I may already have a case before the high court.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 09:50:26 AM »

Here is the agenda of the Department of Justice for the next few weeks.  First, I will devote my energies to defending the SOFE in the upcoming legal battle if the Court takes up the case. 

I will also concentrate on the bills currently being debated before the Senate.  First, to make sure they get in the Wiki and also, to keep an eye on constitutional issues.

Lastly, I am creating a DOJ Reality or Nothing Task Force to investigate and dismantle this domestic terrorist group.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:54:25 PM »

Very promising start at the new job, Junkie Smiley
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 09:35:28 AM »

I just wanted to let eveyone know that I will be unavailable for most of the day.  Due to real life budget issues in my state, I have to take furlough days.  Thus, I am furloughed today and will be leaving soon to watch basketball and celebrate my favorite holiday.  Rest assurred, I will be privately contemplating legal matters relevant to Atlasia while I enjoy me drinks.

Happy St. Pats to everyone.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:39:06 AM »

Additionally, my investigation of the GPorter election issue is continuing according to my plan (which I plan to keep confidential at the moment to protect the privacy of all who are presumed innocent at this time).  I am waiting on the Court's decision to take up the case.  I will be pming all the Justices and the plaintiff in the hopes we can get this case moving.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »

I now believe that it is time for me to reveal the results of my investigation into the March Federal Elections.  First, let me preface by saying that there are two aspects: (1) possible criminal prosecution and (2) defending the SOFE in any possible civil suit.  The factual basis for the investigation clearly implicates both aspects of this case.

I am posting the results of this investigation to inform the public as to my decision NOT to prosecute GPorter or anyone else for a criminal violation for the deletion of his vote.  The reasons are for both legal and equity reasons.  I will detail both reasons shortly, however, first I want to detail the findings of my investigation.  Here they are:

At 5:59 p.m. (EST) on March 10, 2011 SOFE Franzl created a thread for the March Special Election to Elect 3 Senators caused by vacancies.  Franzl's first post indicated that voting could commence at 6:00 p.m. (EST) on March 10, 2011, and would end at 5:59 p.m. (EST) on March 13th, 2011.

At 6:02 a.m. (EST) on March 13, 2011, SOFE Franzl posted that there was 12 hours left to vote.  The last vote occurred at 5:57 p.m. on March 13, 2011.  Franzl declared the voting over and locked the thread at 6:02 p.m. (EST) on March 13, 2011.  Franzl tabulated the votes and certified three winners.

Included in Franzl’s count was a vote by GPorter.  I believe it to be true beyond a reasonable doubt that GPorter did validly vote prior to the closing of the election (although the time is at issue due to the deletion of the post) based upon numerous eyewitness accounts by Franzl, Ernst, at least one moderator, several other citizens, as well as GPorter’s admission to Franzl and later myself via PM.

I also believe that I can prove that at 10:26 p.m. (EST) on March 13th, 2011 (fours after the election was closed and the thread locked), Wormyguy contacted GPorter and requested that GPorter delete his vote in order to secure a victory for the politically right parties.  After this request, GPorter did delete his post (again after the completion of the voting and the locking of the thread).

After Franzl certified the election results, Wormyguy posted in the SOFE thread that he did not see GPorter’s vote.  Additionally, Wormyguy has posted at least once that he did not have anything to do with this.

At some point during this exchange, Wormyguy posted on the RPP thread that the rightwing “owed” him and mentioned GPorter, I believe confirming that he was behind or at least solicited the deletion.

Those are the facts, now for why I will not prosecute.  First the legal, “voter fraud” has a very narrow definition in Atlasia and does not fit these facts.  Second, the crime under “Treason” requires the deletion of an active voting booth.  In this case, only a vote was deleted and the booth was not “active.”  Thus, I do not believe that I could prove a crime under these facts against either GPorter or Wormyguy.

Even if the facts did fit, I would not charge GPorter for equity reasons.  He has immediately accepted responsibility for his actions, answered all questions truthfully and forthrightly, and assisted me in my investigation.  I believe that mitigates any prosecution for GPorter.

Wormyguy is another matter.  I believe that he has outright lied to all involved in Atlasia and by agreeing to be the plaintiff in a case before the Supreme Court, where he appears to still deny the existence of GPorter’s vote, has perpetuated a fraud on the Court.  If the law fit, I would most definitely prosecute Wormyguy.

I post these revelations now so that the people can be fully aware of what has occurred and can judge for themselves the character of each party.  I know I have.

AG Junkie
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 04:05:10 PM »

My apologies if I seem a bit rude in my asking of this but...how do you have proof of Wormy's supposed involvement in this case? I'd just like to know, but if it's none of my business, that's perfectly okay with me too. Secondly, will any charges be filed against Wormy?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »

I also believe that I can prove that at 10:26 p.m. (EST) on March 13th, 2011 (fours after the election was closed and the thread locked), Wormyguy contacted GPorter and requested that GPorter delete his vote in order to secure a victory for the politically right parties.  After this request, GPorter did delete his post (again after the completion of the voting and the locking of the thread).

Why am I not suprised at all?
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 04:28:29 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2011, 04:30:29 PM by Junkie »

My apologies if I seem a bit rude in my asking of this but...how do you have proof of Wormy's supposed involvement in this case? I'd just like to know, but if it's none of my business, that's perfectly okay with me too. Secondly, will any charges be filed against Wormy?

You were not rude at all.  It is a good question.  First, GPorter admitted to me that he did this after recieving a request form Wormy.  Second, he had the pm Wormy sent him and forwarded to me.  I have reviewed it and still have it.  Lastly, I personally saw Wormy's (now deleted) post of the other site where he stated that the right wing parties "owed" him and made reference to "GPorter," thus confirming, in my opinion GPorter's version and the authenticity of the pm.

I will not issue charges, because I they do not fit the criminal statutes as I read them now.  However, I will continue research.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.  I do make these statements lightly.  I only make them after I feel I could prove them beyond a reasonable doubt in court.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 04:38:10 PM »

Impressive research, Junkie.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »

I am also quite impressed. Looks like Isaac doesn't make bad decisions Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »

Indeed. Junkie is a rare kind of guy who is first checking all facts, and then talk Smiley

I'm truly proud on voting for his confirmation.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 03:52:09 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2011, 03:54:20 AM by Franzl »

That's a fraud, for the record.

Wormyguy, the genius, failed to notice that my supposed PM shows a post count one lower than my current one at this moment...but it was supposedly on March 14.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 04:59:57 AM »

What complete and utter bullsh**t.  I cannot believe that the AG is continuing a months-old grudge by deliberately dragging my name through the mud with outright falsehoods, but it highlights why I would have had my suspicions in the first place.

I'll just leave this here.

Since the AG has evidently fabricated evidence against me and terrified Gporter into testifying against me, I'll drop this case, since that apparently is his near-sociopathic goal.  I hope, however, that others become a little more aware of the tyrannical behavior of the current cabinet, and take the appropriate measure of caution.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 05:01:07 AM »

Just to keep it for proof if Wormyguy tries to delete it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 05:06:57 AM »

++++electronic communication++++

Doesn't look much like the writing style you use in PMs anyway, for what little that's worth.

++++end electronic communication++++
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 06:27:45 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2011, 06:32:03 AM by Eamon de Valera »

Nice try, worm.

Photoshop is a cool thing, we know.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 06:47:30 AM »

Nice try, worm.

You'd think he'd at least try to make the post count plausible.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 06:51:02 AM »

I would also request that the Department of Justice review a potential criminal case against Wormyguy for impersonation of another member of the Atlas forum.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 07:03:31 AM »

Nice try, worm.

You'd think he'd at least try to make the post count plausible.

I think you overestimated our friend.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 07:40:24 AM »

Just in case wormy deleting the image:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8203/worm.png
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »

I might advise changing the criminal code to include offense like wormy's and changing the Constitution such that it reads clearer on this issue.

In this particular case, there was little issue coming to the conclusion, but in others I could see problems.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »

Pretty funny.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 11:03:10 AM »

Why did you delete your fraudulent PM?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »

Why did you delete your fraudulent PM?

Gustaf deleted it and gave me 9 infraction points, liar.

So he let you off easy. Be happy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies