Ohio voters say Gov. Kasich (R) suxx, want Strickland back as Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 08:00:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ohio voters say Gov. Kasich (R) suxx, want Strickland back as Governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ohio voters say Gov. Kasich (R) suxx, want Strickland back as Governor  (Read 4277 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »

He didn't get shellacked. He lost by 2 points.. In any case, if the man keeps this up he'll be less popular than Bob Taft by the end of his first term.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 12:58:14 PM »

Where is Strickland getting shellacked coming from? He barely lost.

Incumbent governors almost always win re-election barring a scandal. If you lose, its rarely by much at all and its probably because you stink. The rest of the Democratic governors running for re-election in 2010 (Beebe, Quinn, O'malley, Lynch) all won; only Strickland and Culver lost.

Even Bob Taft got re-elected.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 01:00:52 PM »

Again, Krazen, SB5 passed with a quarter of GOP Senators defecting, and with the GOP having to remove a GOP senator from a committee to get it passed. No party line ramming here. When that much of the Ohio GOP says something is too unfair to unionized workers, you know its bad.

Well, you don't, but the rest of us who don't have a hard on against unions being up there with cancer on the list of bad things still get it.

Not really. This is just you projecting your own short term beliefs into the long term.

Obviously, if Celeste can get re-elected despite starting at 32% due to his own shenanigans, Kasich can rebound. I suspect he will.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 01:11:48 PM »

Where is Strickland getting shellacked coming from? He barely lost.

Incumbent governors almost always win re-election barring a scandal. If you lose, its rarely by much at all and its probably because you stink. The rest of the Democratic governors running for re-election in 2010 (Beebe, Quinn, O'malley, Lynch) all won; only Strickland and Culver lost.

Even Bob Taft got re-elected.

Well consider most new governors and presidents enter office with a honeymoon, these polls show voters think Kasich, Snyder, and Walker all stink. So ergo......
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 02:21:03 PM »

Material discontent is something new though. Will take some adjusting to.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »

If you are hitting low approvals two months into your term because of poor policy and show no signs of wavering in pushing said policy, then rebounding is out of the realm of possibility.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »

I'm already preparing myself for the next deluge.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 10:40:54 AM »

And there's another poll by the GOP-leaning "We Ask America", with the worst results yet:

Type of Poll: Automated
Sample: 1,136 Ohio voting households
Date of Poll: 3/22/201
Margin of Error: ±2.91%

35.5% Approve
57.6% Disapprove

http://weaskamerica.com/2011/03/23/cuts-cuts-more-cuts/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 01:05:09 AM »

I suppose that they didn' realise that he was a director at Lehman Brother's before?
Nichlemn

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 01:39:42 AM »

If you are hitting low approvals two months into your term because of poor policy and show no signs of wavering in pushing said policy, then rebounding is out of the realm of possibility.

How else do governors get low approvals two months into their terms? It's usually too early to have a scandal revealed by that point. The main problem is that when the economic pie has shrunk, almost any policy is "poor policy" from a popularity standpoint.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 12:10:24 AM »

Kasich is doomed unless he somehow manages to pull Ohio out of its cycle of economic decline because he really never was popular, likeable, or even a sincere person. There is a reason Rob Portman creamed Lee Fisher by a double-digit margin and Kaisch won by 2. A whole lot of Ohioans split their ballots to vote for every Republican other than Kasich. I voted for Kasich, but reluctantly. To be honest, I refuse to vote for socially liberal candidates unless there are extenuating circumstances, so I will probably gag and vote for Kasich again unless the Democrats run someone like Brian Flannery (which they won't).

To get re-elected he'd actually have to turn the state around, which is something no one has been able to do for decades. I just hope that when Kasich implodes he doesn't throw Obama and Sherrod Brown brand new terms as well.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 10:37:20 AM »

Kasich is doomed unless he somehow manages to pull Ohio out of its cycle of economic decline because he really never was popular, likeable, or even a sincere person. There is a reason Rob Portman creamed Lee Fisher by a double-digit margin and Kaisch won by 2. A whole lot of Ohioans split their ballots to vote for every Republican other than Kasich. I voted for Kasich, but reluctantly. To be honest, I refuse to vote for socially liberal candidates unless there are extenuating circumstances, so I will probably gag and vote for Kasich again unless the Democrats run someone like Brian Flannery (which they won't).

To get re-elected he'd actually have to turn the state around, which is something no one has been able to do for decades. I just hope that when Kasich implodes he doesn't throw Obama and Sherrod Brown brand new terms as well.

It's official. Kasich is doomed. a republican for ohio says it. Welcome, democrat governor 2014 haha...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 01:54:12 PM »

A new Wenzel Strategies (R) poll also shows that Kasich is very unpopular:

Governor Kasich appears to be caught in the political maelstrom of Senate Bill 5, as just 37% in the survey gave him positive job approval marks, compared to 56% who gave him negative marks, including 43% who said he is doing a “poor” job, the strongest negative option available to poll respondents. Even among fellow Republicans, just 65% give him positive job performance ratings, but he is clearly in trouble among independent voters – 59% of whom gave him negative marks for his job performance.

Wenzel Strategies conducted a telephone survey of likely voters statewide in Ohio on April 6-7, 2011.  The survey included 1,264 respondents and carries a 95% confidence interval and a margin of error of +/- 2.72 percentage points.

http://www.wenzelstrategies.com/blog/polls
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies