Cain: Planned Parenthood’s mission is "planned genocide" of black babies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:14:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Cain: Planned Parenthood’s mission is "planned genocide" of black babies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Cain: Planned Parenthood’s mission is "planned genocide" of black babies  (Read 1977 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2011, 05:25:32 PM »

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/15/cain-planned-parenthood%E2%80%99s-mission-is-planned-genocide-of-black-babies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_politicalticker+%28Blog%3A+Political+Ticker%29

Using unusually harsh words, a potential presidential candidate echoed some previous comments: claiming that Planned Parenthood’s original mission was to “help kill black babies before they came into the world.”

Herman Cain went on to say that the sexual and reproductive health care provider is carrying out its mission of “planned genocide.”
In response, the group said that Cain is using "inflammatory and divisive language based on race to achieve extreme political goals" of ending legal abortion.

Speaking to reporters and bloggers at the Heritage Foundation, Cain echoed a position expressed by many other Republicans.

“I support de-funding Planned Parenthood,” Cain said.  “Tactically how they [Congress] does it…I can’t tell you.”

Cain then explained the reason behind his stance.

“You probably don’t hear a lot of people talking about this,” Cain said.  “When Margaret Sanger – check my history – started Planned Parenthood, the objective was to put these centers in primarily black communities so they could help kill black babies before they came into the world.”

“It's planned genocide,” Cain claimed.

“It’s carrying out its original mission,” he continued.  “I’ve talked to young girls who go in there, and they [Planned Parenthood] don’t talk about how you plan parenthood.  They don’t talk about adoption as an option.  They don’t say, ‘Well, bring your parents in so we can sit down and talk with you, and counsel with you before you make this decision.’”

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »

Go Herman Cain!
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 05:36:15 PM »

Is he wrong?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 05:41:25 PM »

I don't have any facts to back it up, but I have a feeling there is some truth to this.  Logically, Planned Parenthood would place its self in poorer urban centers, areas which happen to have larger black populations.  It can certainly be perceived as racism, though I highly doubt it was intentional.  He does have a point about there rarely being any planning.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 06:03:27 PM »

KILL WHITEY!

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 06:04:29 PM »

I don't have any facts to back it up, but I have a feeling there is some truth to this.  Logically, Planned Parenthood would place its self in poorer urban centers, areas which happen to have larger black populations.  It can certainly be perceived as racism, though I highly doubt it was intentional.  He does have a point about there rarely being any planning.

Thats 100%,Yelnoc. I think Cain knows that. Dont write him off, he will perform well. Maybe 10% in a few primaries. Cant imagine having any delegates though.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 06:20:24 PM »

If it wasn't for Sanger being an outspoken eugenicist and her having...well...let's just say some unfortunate quotes, connections, and subsequent allegations, I'd be willing to say that you're probably right. I think it's pretty undeniable that she wanted to keep the black population down; though she wanted that for the public at large, there was a special emphasis on African-Americans.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 06:24:47 PM »

I don't think these people know just how crazy they sound when they throw out this theory, they just believe black voters are stupid enough to buy it. When don't buy it and it's nothing but vile racism to suggest such a thing. BET ran an ad for an organization that implies this, I fired off a long email to them about it and I imagine other did the same, because the ad was pulled a short time later.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 06:57:39 PM »

It wouldn't be a black genocide, but Mexican and redneck girls are so dumb that they still have the babies.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 08:44:51 PM »

I guess "blacks have a much higher abortion rate than whites" is too sanguine, thus a trollish phrasing is necessitated.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »

It wouldn't be a black genocide, but Mexican and redneck girls are so dumb that they still have the babies.
Hurray for racism?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 10:23:52 PM »

I don't think these people know just how crazy they sound when they throw out this theory, they just believe black voters are stupid enough to buy it. When don't buy it and it's nothing but vile racism to suggest such a thing. BET ran an ad for an organization that implies this, I fired off a long email to them about it and I imagine other did the same, because the ad was pulled a short time later.

It's a stupid, ill-informed and totally misdirected comment.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 12:03:18 AM »

What
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 12:11:43 AM »

If she was so racist, then why was she allies with MLK Jr.? Cain is a troll.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 12:58:38 AM »

Sanger was, if not racist in the traditional sense, certainly a proponent of eugenics to cure social ills and remove the 'unfit' in the early 20th century.  To what extent she held those views later in her life I am not sure.  It does not mean that Planned Parenthood is trying to commit genocide. It was founded as a eugenics movement, and they are still committed to population control and promoting abortion.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »

Reality check:

http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/secure/newsletter/articles/sanger-hitler_equation.html

More to the point, the pro-choice movement, both today and even historically, goes FAR beyond Margaret Sanger. I would be surprised if more than a small minority of staunchly pro-choice voters even knew who she was.

Applying racism, let alone premeditated genocide, as even the tiniest motive for opposing laws that would imprison women and doctors for terminating even first trimester pregnancies is grossly fantastic and insulting.

Shame on the forum posters here who actually are drinking this kool-aid. Without disrespect to your views--which I shared in my youth--most of you are smart enough to know better. You can be staunchly pro-life and not buy this unmitigated garbage.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 08:16:20 AM »

Curious... so anyone who thinks Cain is speaking truth here, do you believe Planned Parenthood today is acting to carry out Margaret Sanger's original mission and is trying to keep the minority population low through abortion? Speak up.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 11:23:57 AM »

Curious... so anyone who thinks Cain is speaking truth here, do you believe Planned Parenthood today is acting to carry out Margaret Sanger's original mission and is trying to keep the minority population low through abortion? Speak up.

I doubt there is any evidence that they are. I don't think that's their goal. The result though...that's a different matter.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »

Living in a poor black neighborhood most of my life, I can safely say that even the anti abortion blacks I knew found little issue with planned parenthood in their neighborhood. These talking points have been used before, and if anything they just make blacks even more Dem, since they know this is ignorance.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »

Curious... so anyone who thinks Cain is speaking truth here, do you believe Planned Parenthood today is acting to carry out Margaret Sanger's original mission and is trying to keep the minority poors population low through abortion? Speak up.

Not that this is their exclusive mission, but, Ok, now I'll speak up.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 12:04:05 PM »

Curious... so anyone who thinks Cain is speaking truth here, do you believe Planned Parenthood today is acting to carry out Margaret Sanger's original mission and is trying to keep the minority poors population low through abortion? Speak up.

Poor people tend to be disproportionately minorities, especially in large cities, so the effect is the same.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 12:24:49 PM »

Poor people tend to be disproportionately minorities, especially in large cities, so the effect is the same.

Yes, I live in a larger city, but somehow it sounds more PC to say "poors" rather than blacks.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 12:36:02 PM »

No. He's right on the money. For instance, that new planned parenthood complex in Houston is right in the mist of African American and Latino neighborhoods.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 12:37:41 PM »

No. He's right on the money. For instance, that new planned parenthood complex in Houston is right in the mist of African American and Latino neighborhoods.

Of course it is. Because it is a POOR neighborhood. There are no poor white neighborhoods in Houston... or very many places at all. Planned Parenthood is cheaper than other places, therefore they go into poor neighborhoods.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »

I'm sure they'd have no trouble with the civic authorities if they announced their intention to build a clinic in an affluent suburb.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies