Cain: Planned Parenthood’s mission is "planned genocide" of black babies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:07:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Cain: Planned Parenthood’s mission is "planned genocide" of black babies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cain: Planned Parenthood’s mission is "planned genocide" of black babies  (Read 2009 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »

Well, Richard Nixon, who appointed 3 of the Roe v Wade justices, thought that abortion should be legal to get rid of mixed babies like Barack Obama, and rape conceptions.

Shrug.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 12:58:41 PM »

Well, Richard Nixon, who appointed 3 of the Roe v Wade justices, thought that abortion should be legal to get rid of mixed babies like Barack Obama, and rape conceptions.

Shrug.

Help me understand the relevance there... do you think that Richard Nixon is representative of PP's current leadership?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »

Help me understand the relevance there... do you think that Richard Nixon is representative of PP's current leadership?

Today? Probably not. At the time, though, Nixon was directly responsible for the creation of the Title X program that is being discussed, in 1970, if I am not mistaken. A lot of people in Congress simply didn't like the idea of blacks reproducing, especially, per the above, with white mothers.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 05:47:51 PM »

Reality check:

http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/secure/newsletter/articles/sanger-hitler_equation.html

More to the point, the pro-choice movement, both today and even historically, goes FAR beyond Margaret Sanger. I would be surprised if more than a small minority of staunchly pro-choice voters even knew who she was.

Applying racism, let alone premeditated genocide, as even the tiniest motive for opposing laws that would imprison women and doctors for terminating even first trimester pregnancies is grossly fantastic and insulting.

Shame on the forum posters here who actually are drinking this kool-aid. Without disrespect to your views--which I shared in my youth--most of you are smart enough to know better. You can be staunchly pro-life and not buy this unmitigated garbage.

Okay I'll speak up.

As someone who is pro-life the idea that Planned Parenthood is actively committing genocide is insulting to my intelligence.  I believe that life is being terminated, however I don't believe the organization is roaming the streets of poor areas with shotguns demanding that all pregnant blacks go to the clinic and get their kids aborted.  That is just insane.
I mean if we are going to argue semantics here with a word like "genocide" let's at least do so honestly.  If there is something like sterilizer in water preventing reproduction then yes the argument of genocide could possibly be made, however this is about women going to clinics without being forced by Planned Parenthood to abort their children.  No guns are pointed at their head forcing them to do so (at least that I know of).
Wow, this is going to sound really bad to all sides.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 03:48:52 PM »

Reality check:

http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/secure/newsletter/articles/sanger-hitler_equation.html

More to the point, the pro-choice movement, both today and even historically, goes FAR beyond Margaret Sanger. I would be surprised if more than a small minority of staunchly pro-choice voters even knew who she was.

Applying racism, let alone premeditated genocide, as even the tiniest motive for opposing laws that would imprison women and doctors for terminating even first trimester pregnancies is grossly fantastic and insulting.

Shame on the forum posters here who actually are drinking this kool-aid. Without disrespect to your views--which I shared in my youth--most of you are smart enough to know better. You can be staunchly pro-life and not buy this unmitigated garbage.

Okay I'll speak up.

As someone who is pro-life the idea that Planned Parenthood is actively committing genocide is insulting to my intelligence.  I believe that life is being terminated, however I don't believe the organization is roaming the streets of poor areas with shotguns demanding that all pregnant blacks go to the clinic and get their kids aborted.  That is just insane.
I mean if we are going to argue semantics here with a word like "genocide" let's at least do so honestly.  If there is something like sterilizer in water preventing reproduction then yes the argument of genocide could possibly be made, however this is about women going to clinics without being forced by Planned Parenthood to abort their children.  No guns are pointed at their head forcing them to do so (at least that I know of).
Wow, this is going to sound really bad to all sides.

It sounds very reasonable. The use of 'screaming language' such as genocide becomes appropriate when someone starts taking the path to genocide. Someone who advocates the marginalization of a group of people goes much further down that path than does someone who provides abortion services on an 'equal-opportunity' basis. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 08:16:52 AM »

Today? Probably not. At the time, though, Nixon was directly responsible for the creation of the Title X program that is being discussed, in 1970, if I am not mistaken. A lot of people in Congress simply didn't like the idea of blacks reproducing, especially, per the above, with white mothers.

Absolutely true, Krazen. I've heard the tapes too. A true Roll Eyes inducing moment.

That said, it a huge understatement to say Nixon does not represent the views of most pro-choice advocates---or most people with a soul for that matter. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies