MA: Vote Deletion Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:33:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Vote Deletion Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Vote Deletion Act (Debating)  (Read 1592 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: March 19, 2011, 06:47:24 PM »

I have so many issues with this proposal I'm not even sure where to begin.

First of, and as Inks already pointed out, keeping the legislating power, and the judicial power seperated is an essential part of any fair democracy.

Second, a period of 90 days after the election to bring this to the courts is too long of a period. If someone discovers that a person had indeed delated a post in an election thread that person would if responsible bring that to attention as soon as possible. A time-limit of 15 days for a person to sue, followed by another 15 day time-limit for court proceedings to begin, should be enough. We can't have people suing eachother for minor crimes that happened a quarter of a year ago (which in Atlasia time is almost three years)

I also think the penalties proposed are too draconian for this sort of minor, usually harmless crime, that is usally committed by new Atlasians without any intent or criminal design. Sure it's annoying when newbies don't read the rules (something that happens far too often) but such a long ban for that seems unreasonable.

Neither do I think we are constitutionally able to ban people from registring in the Mideast and becoming citizens. Sure we can ban them from voting, but we can't ban them from citizen ship. That would have to be re-written.

I'll stop rambling now
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »

Aye to both amendments
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies