WSJ article
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:20:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  WSJ article
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WSJ article  (Read 3393 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »

Goddamn, is WSJ snooty.  That's almost Economist levels of snootiness.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 08:51:08 PM »

Ha, I was wondering why he kept questioning me who the enemies were in the recent Call of Duty games.

How exactly did that come up in conversation?

Torie referred me to the guy, but I never took him up on it, because I didn't want to give up my anonymity. The sneering tone in the article makes me glad I didn't pursue it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »

LOL, great article.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »

Ha, I was wondering why he kept questioning me who the enemies were in the recent Call of Duty games.

Torie referred me to the guy, but I never took him up on it, because I didn't want to give up my anonymity. The sneering tone in the article makes me glad I didn't pursue it.

My ego is so huge, that I enjoyed it all immensely, especially the sneering. Guess who is going to have the last laugh?  Anyway, Yadron and I chatted for two hours, and I get three sentences from all of that. And so it goes. Smiley
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 09:14:26 PM »

He asked me how I mostly spent time before spending so much on the app, I talked about video games. The bit is incorrect at the beginning too, I mostly played on multiplayer, mean I was just as likely to be playing as Russians as fighting them.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 12:55:03 AM »

My ego is so huge, that I enjoyed it all immensely, especially the sneering. Guess who is going to have the last laugh?  Anyway, Yadron and I chatted for two hours, and I get three sentences from all of that. And so it goes. Smiley

That's a greater fraction than I got. I spoke with Yadron for about 40 min and went unmentioned. Then again, I got redistricting press in USA Today in Dec, and my RL position didn't fit in well with the direction of his story.

jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 11:52:55 AM »

That's a greater fraction than I got. I spoke with Yadron for about 40 min and went unmentioned. Then again, I got redistricting press in USA Today in Dec, and my RL position didn't fit in well with the direction of his story.
Did you explain to him that the redistricting conventions were just like science fiction, gamer, or comic conventions?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies