Texas Governor Perry (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:57:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas Governor Perry (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas Governor Perry  (Read 1778 times)
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« on: March 28, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »

how did he win the 2010 primaries? If I were a republican, I would have voted for Hutchison as she doesn't have all the issues that Perry does. She's also been a lifelong republican, as opposed to Perry who was a democrat for 40 years.
There was certainly some feeling along those lines, but it is generally more effective to make that an issue in the first primary after the party switch.  

And it sends a mixed message to say, "I'm the nice safe moderate Republican that Democrats like Freepcrusher support, and I'm a life long Republican.  And unlike Rick Perry who has been the governor for 10 years, I've only been the US Senator for 16 years"

Or "I was first elected to the Texas legislature 38 years ago, that's where I met my husband Ray.  Then I was the State Treasurer.  After I left that position, they abolished the office as unnecessary"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies