I hereby announce the following rules for this board:SUPREME RULE:
Only post scientific polls
from legitimate pollsters, such as pollsters for News Organisations (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CBS, NYT etc.) or public pollsters such as Mason-Dixon, SurveyUSA, PPP, Rasmussen or University polls.
If someone posts a personal poll, I will either move
it to another section, or delete
* If you post a poll, please indicate in the heading which state it is for, normally with a shortening of the state's name like "CA" for California, or just write the whole state name.
* Please also state the pollsters name in the heading and it it is not a regular pollster like the ones mentioned above, but a partsian one, please insert a (D) or a (R) after the pollsters name.
* Please indicate internal polls if you are quite sure that it is one. Internal polls are conducted by partisan pollsters and normally have something like "to interested parties" or the campaign name of their client in the press release.
* In the main text space, please then post the topline results of the poll, either in text form or numbers and - very importantly - post the link of the source.
* When 2012 rolls around, Dave will also provide the 2012 Poll Database again, but rules about how to enter polls to this database will follow when this database is set up.
* UPDATE September 1, 2011
When entering a poll, there is an option in the matrix called:Forum Thread? New: [...] None: [...] Link Existing: [...] Topic ID: [...]
First go herehttp://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=90.0
and check if this poll has already a thread.
If it does, click to LINK EXISTING and put in the topic ID.
Because if you click "New", we have it twice in there.
When entering a poll, please also check carefully if you can find the source in the source list.
If you don't find the source, you can PM me, because Dave has given me the rights to put in a source name.
Also: Before you enter the poll, make sure that every data you put in is the same like in the original poll.
So, please follow these basic rules because I have other stuff to do as well, not only correct stupid mistakes, especially if 2012 rolls around and 20-30 polls are posted here each day.
Also: If you have other questions about how to post polls here or in the case you are not sure what to do, feel free to post here and the 3 moderators (Nym, Mr. Morden and me) will help you out.
So, enjoy the postings and discussions any may you find many polls.