I hereby announce the following rules for this board:SUPREME RULE:
Only post scientific polls
from legitimate pollsters, such as pollsters for News Organisations (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CBS, NYT etc.) or public pollsters such as Mason-Dixon, SurveyUSA, PPP, Rasmussen or University polls.
If someone posts a personal poll, I will either move
it to another section, or delete
* If you post a poll, please indicate in the heading which state it is for, normally with a shortening of the state's name like "KY" for Kentucky, or just write the whole state name.
* Please also state the pollsters name in the heading and if it is not a regular pollster like the ones mentioned above, but a partsian one, please insert a (D) or a (R) after the pollsters name.
* Please indicate internal polls if you are quite sure that it is one. Internal polls are conducted by partisan pollsters and normally have something like "to interested parties" or the campaign name of their client in the press release.
* In the main text space, please then post the topline results of the poll, either in text form or numbers and - very importantly - post the link of the source.
* When you enter polls to the database
, please read the internals of the poll carefully and enter the values accordingly. If you want to enter a poll from a pollster that is not in the list, please PM me, so I can put it into the database. Dave has given me - and only me so far - the rights to enter the name of the pollster manually. By PM'ing me we can avoid that the database is full of "Other Source" polls.
So, please follow these basic rules because I have other stuff to do as well, not only correct stupid mistakes.
Also: If you have other questions about how to post polls here or in the case you are not sure what to do, feel free to post here and the 3 moderators (Nym, Mr. Morden and me) will help you out.
So, enjoy the postings and discussions any may you find many polls.