Trump says Obama "probably" born in USA, but wants to see his birth certificate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:29:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Trump says Obama "probably" born in USA, but wants to see his birth certificate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump says Obama "probably" born in USA, but wants to see his birth certificate  (Read 4906 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: March 24, 2011, 04:26:12 AM »

This makes me think he's actually running; Trump wouldn't be pandering so horribly if this was just a publicity thing or whatever.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »

forgot about financial disclosure, cant imagine he would ever do that

Yup, he's doing it for attention, but when it comes down to it... he won't run.

Really? After this I fail to see how he couldn't. If he doesn't he's going to fall into irrelevance in two years...Well, deeper into irrelevance.

Can you imagine someone in his position, with his business past... actually consenting to full disclosure of his financial records?

Honestly, pretty much all of the questionable/iffy/stupid business decisions he's made were over a decade ago, and actually has the potential to make a good narrative- "I got myself out of debt; I can get the country out of debt."

And any recent financial issues can just become something like: "I've had to personally cope with our nation's recession; I'm the only candidate that's had the experience of being a business owner during this financial crisis so I know best how to lead our nation back to prosperity."

What's more likely to haunt him in a GOP primary is the fact that he's personally contributed to the campaigns of "evul libruls" like Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Tom Daschle, Joe Biden, Rahm Emanuel, Charlie Rangel, Hillary Clinton, and Chuck Schumer.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:18:52 AM »

Since this seems to be the main Trump thread, I'll repost this here. He's hiring a campaign manager.

Is Trump seriously running? Is there any insider gossip that he's actually hiring people and putting together early state operations or is he just talking a lot and people are assuming that he'll run because of it?

He has no dedicated campaign staff right now and is running his "campaign" on his own, with help from his executive assistant Rhona Graff as well as Trump Organization executive Michael Cohen (who was the founder of the "Should Trump Run?" website).

However, over the past few days he has interviewed three people to be his campaign manager: Lawrence Weitzner (Christie '09 campaign manager), Tony Fabrizio (Dole '96 pollster/strategist, managed many lower-level campaigns including Pawlenty '06), and Ralph Reed (the Christian Coalition guy).

(link here)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies