Post the map of an election between the two preceding posters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:39:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Post the map of an election between the two preceding posters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post the map of an election between the two preceding posters  (Read 62183 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 15, 2011, 03:31:31 PM »

Blue-Ghost_white
Red-Polnut

This is my guess as I'm not really familiar with either of the two posters.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 03:52:10 PM »

Under the assumption of moderate hero vs. liberal.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »

TJ in Cleve (Blue) receives a decent electoral victory over Cathcon (Green). Popular vote is close in most states, but totals are down nationally. TJ ultimately wins the popular vote by about 3-4%.

Is TJ more Conservative than me? I'd like to discover how I became positioned as the Liberal candidate.

SKIP
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »

Snowstalker (D-PA) 274
SJoyceFla (I-FL) 264
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:50:13 PM »

The two preceding posters, not the yourself and the preceding poster.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2013, 03:29:58 PM by Cathcon »

Governor TNF (D-KY)/Senator Hubert H. Humphrey (D-MN) 270 electoral votes, 49.9% of the popular vote
Governor Scott (R-CT)/Senator Roman Hruska (R-NE) 267 electoral votes, 49.5% of the popular vote
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 02:00:02 AM »

When people said "9/11 changed everything", they were right. President Goldwater's War on Terror charged the political landscape, with the advent of the "national security voter". Goldwater's fiscal conservatism, hawkish foreign policy, and social liberalism created a foil in the populist campaign of Mr. Joseph Mormdem, a former Utah Representative who rallied a strange coalition of doves, labor, and Southerners to win the Democratic nomination. With Mormdem being smeared as an anti-Israel, anti-security isolationist, Goldwater was able to make gains in the North and even take New York in what pollsters called the "9/11 bump". While he won re-election, his chances were threatened by a successful campaign by Mormdem to bring in traditionally Republican voters in the South and West. Election gimmicks such as Goldwater's proposal to legalize gay marriage and Mormdem's claim that he would seek to overturn Roe v. Wade were able to shift social issues voters from their typical parties, radically changing the electoral map.

President Barry M. Goldwater, III (R-AZ)/Vice President Thomas Ridge (R-PA) 287 electoral votes
Former Congressman Mr. Joseph Mormdem (D-UT)/Senator John Edwards (D-NC) 251 electoral votes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies