Geraldine Ferraro has died
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:10:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Geraldine Ferraro has died
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Geraldine Ferraro has died  (Read 2919 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 07:34:32 PM »

I didn't even know she was sick, but apparantly she's had cancer for the past 12 years.  I must have known it and forgotten it, possibly.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 07:36:25 PM »

No question about that !
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »

I agree with that.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 08:00:21 AM »

RIP
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 09:08:20 AM »

RIP.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »

RIP, mrs. Ferraro. She wasn't the kind of democrat I'd vote for, but she was a hard-working politician.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »

Very sad. Ms. Ferraro certainly was a ground-breaking woman. RIP.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 08:59:07 AM »

RIP. A groundbreaker and classy woman. Not many people know that before becoming a Congresswoman she was a prosecutor in Queens, specializing in prosecuting cases of sexual assault against children. She talked about how those cases kept her up at night, but I think this reflected her admirable mix of compassion and strength.

I actually met Ferraro briefly and shook her hand the day before the 84 election. It was at a campaign rally at Market Square in downtown Pittsburgh. I was a sophomore in high school working on the Mondale campaign and volunteered to help with the event. Her two daughters who appeared on that Pepsi ad she stared in later were both there too and I got a chance to talk to them momentarily. When she was shaking hands I got to tell her: "I know you've been told this before, but please kick their ass!" (A reference to GWB's silly macho post-debate trash talk caught on mike). She laughed and said, "We will" then moved on---knowing full well the next day would be a deluge. Poor woman had probably been told that by countless callow supporters like myself in the previous two weeks, yet still managed to force a laugh to make the teenage political nerd she was dealing with feel special.

RIP Gerry.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 09:16:17 PM »

RIP. A groundbreaker and classy woman. Not many people know that before becoming a Congresswoman she was a prosecutor in Queens, specializing in prosecuting cases of sexual assault against children. She talked about how those cases kept her up at night, but I think this reflected her admirable mix of compassion and strength.

I actually met Ferraro briefly and shook her hand the day before the 84 election. It was at a campaign rally at Market Square in downtown Pittsburgh. I was a sophomore in high school working on the Mondale campaign and volunteered to help with the event. Her two daughters who appeared on that Pepsi ad she stared in later were both there too and I got a chance to talk to them momentarily. When she was shaking hands I got to tell her: "I know you've been told this before, but please kick their ass!" (A reference to GWB's silly macho post-debate trash talk caught on mike). She laughed and said, "We will" then moved on---knowing full well the next day would be a deluge. Poor woman had probably been told that by countless callow supporters like myself in the previous two weeks, yet still managed to force a laugh to make the teenage political nerd she was dealing with feel special.

RIP Gerry.

Shouldn't that read GHWB?  Dubya was never Vice President.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies