HI-Merriman River Group: Internal shows Case (D) leading in Primary and General
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:27:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  HI-Merriman River Group: Internal shows Case (D) leading in Primary and General
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI-Merriman River Group: Internal shows Case (D) leading in Primary and General  (Read 1010 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2011, 10:12:25 AM »

We also did a survey on possible primary and general elections through Merriman River Group (March 2011; 1,012 registered voters statewide; 3% margin of error). I retained very good overall name recognition and favorability, prevailed in the Democratic primary matchups (for example, Case 47%, Hannemann 35%, Unsure 18%), and did best among the Democrats in a general election against presumed Republican nominee Linda Lingle (Case 49%, Lingle 37%, Unsure 14%).

http://www.edcase.com/senate-12-update/

PPP will have an HI-Sen general election poll out on behalf of Daily Kos/SEIU in the next couple of days.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/03/28/960811/-DK-Elections-Daily-Digest:-3-28
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 10:30:19 AM »

Looks about right, Merriman is normally a good pollster, they got the CT Gov. and Sen. race right last year and predicted 3 of the 5 CD's in CT correctly. They also did well last year in the HI races.

But let's see what PPP shows, but in general Case should be the next US Senator from HI.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »

Oh joy, another Ed Case campaign.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 11:28:30 AM »

His numbers against Lingle strike me as rather weak, especially considering this is an internal for him. Of course, this is Democratic country, so he's the overwhelming favorite at this juncture anyway.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 04:10:11 PM »

For a former Governor, that's where I would expect Lingle to be. I do wonder how much better he polled than other Democrats against Lingle, he didn't release those numbers, so I guess the difference was marginal.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 04:22:09 PM »

Ugh.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »

Friggin' blue dogs.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »

DINO.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 08:06:03 AM »

Is this an internal poll? In Hawaii? C'mon...
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 11:51:17 AM »

Internal.

I'd like to see Hirono in this seat. Case would be a waste. A DINO from Hawaii is the last thing we need...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »

In fairness to Case, does he really deserve his rep on this board and elsewhere as a DINO? Yes he voted for the Iraq War (like almost every Democratic Presidential candidate in 2004 other than Kucinich, FWIW), but he took a major FF stance in the Hawaii House defending gay marriage despite being overwhelmingly unpopular at the time.

What else in his congressional career earns him this label?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 11:06:28 AM »

In fairness to Case, does he really deserve his rep on this board and elsewhere as a DINO? Yes he voted for the Iraq War (like almost every Democratic Presidential candidate in 2004 other than Kucinich, FWIW), but he took a major FF stance in the Hawaii House defending gay marriage despite being overwhelmingly unpopular at the time.

From what I read, he endorsed Lieberman's independent bid in 2006 and like him he frequently whines to the media about how the libruls are destroying the party.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 12:24:25 PM »

His position on gay marriage is one thing I'll give him credit for, but in general he's just an opportunistic moderate hero. The quote of his I have to always bring up is when he was asked whether he was running for office in 2010; he said he was considering running for Governor, Senator, or either of the House seats, he just hadn't decided which. I realize politicians are ambitious, but he could have dialed it down a little.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »

His position on gay marriage is one thing I'll give him credit for, but in general he's just an opportunistic moderate hero. The quote of his I have to always bring up is when he was asked whether he was running for office in 2010; he said he was considering running for Governor, Senator, or either of the House seats, he just hadn't decided which. I realize politicians are ambitious, but he could have dialed it down a little.

Yeah, I'll agree he reeks of ambition even compared to most politicians. But that's hardly an ideological issue of DINOism.

If PX's analysis is correct though, that explains some of it. Even if Case held (holds?) firmly to believing the Iraq War was necessary, going out of his way to endorse Lieberman running as an independent and then decrying librlz "destroying the party" etc. is not only unnecessary and unappealing, but pretty darn stupid in Hawaii.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies