The homelycooking Campaign Battle-Bus/Mobile Office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:30:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The homelycooking Campaign Battle-Bus/Mobile Office
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The homelycooking Campaign Battle-Bus/Mobile Office  (Read 3399 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:27:20 PM »
« edited: May 13, 2011, 08:16:47 PM by La cocina fea »

Greetings, fellow citizens of the Northeast! My name is homelycooking and I've just launched my campaign for a fairer Northeast region.

I became a citizen here just a few weeks ago, and even in that short time I've encountered problems in our government and in our society that need to be addressed. Many current assemblymen can attest that I've been noisy, trying to make my concerns heard among those in power - and if elected, it would be a privilege to work with assemblymen sbane, Napoleon and Jake Matthews in an official capacity, as they have been very attentive to my concerns and are at work in the legislature on some solutions. In fact, I have even had the honor of being recommended for the office of Lieutenant Governor by several legislators - after only two weeks of residency in the Northeast.

If elected, I hope to get to work on the following issues straight away:

1. Reducing the size of the Assembly to guarantee more competitive elections
2. Reorganizing the way our government distributes information about elections, officeholders and laws
3. Abolishing "figurehead" positions in the government (such as the office of Lt. Governor)
4. Promoting a responsible tax policy that does not unreasonably restrain our government

So feel free to interrogate, criticize, etc., since that's why I've announced my candidacy. I'm not restrained by any party's platform or ideology and am open to negotiations with all citizens of all ways of thinking.

Hop aboard the battle-bus! We're on the road to a fairer Northeast.

Elect Homelycooking to the Northeast Assembly
Independence for the Northeast

Endorsed by:

Atlasian President tmthforu94
Atlasian Vice President dallasfan65
Imperial Speaker of the Southeast Legislature Yelnoc
Senator Kalwejt
Senator Antonio V
Northeast Assemblyman Jake Matthews
Northeast Assemblyman Napoleon
Former Governor of the Southeast jbrase
Former Governor of the Mideast polnut
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:37:56 PM »

You have the Presidential endorsement, especially with your first point, which I've encouraged the Northeast to do multiple times in the past. Wink
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »

However, as for point 1, if you're going to go down that road, fine - I've tried so myself, but the two attempts we've tried have failed because we could not reach a quorom in the voting booth.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 03:55:04 PM »

Absolutely endorsed Smiley

I'll play devil's advocate, what is your position on my establishment of a Northeast Regional Song?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 04:17:32 PM »

Endorsed Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 04:20:19 PM »

Another intelligent, nice and good-willing progressive... who will ruin his life in trying to bring some sanity in a region where this word doesn't mean anything.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »

Another intelligent, nice and good-willing progressive... who will ruin his life in trying to bring some sanity in a region where this word doesn't mean anything.

That's awful rude D:
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 05:24:43 PM »

Neat campaign platform.  More importantly, you make awesome maps so here a cross-regional endorsement!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 05:38:34 PM »

Getting elected to this Assembly will help you get girls! Endorsed. Wink

It would be great to have you as a working partner in the Assembly and if we get enough people elected willing to work on these solutions, we can actually pass something meaningful.

What is your idea of a responsible tax policy?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »

I'll play devil's advocate, what is your position on my establishment of a Northeast Regional Song?

I think it's a fine choice, but I think we need something a little more...majestic. If elected to the Northeast Assembly, I will introduce legislation to make Cityscape I by David Holsinger the Northeast Regional Song instead. If it fails, all right, that's fine, I like "Sgt. Baker" quite a lot. I just think we can do better as far as a song that expresses the pulsating grandeur of our region and the ingenuity of our people. Should make for an interesting debate. Smiley

While I support the idea of a flat tax, since I think every citizen's obligation to pay his dues, so to speak, for a civil society is essentially the same, I thought that Jake Matthews' Flat Tax Act took things a bit too far in mandating that the flat tax on income would be the only tax able to be levied by the Northeast government. I would support a mildly progressive tax on income and property and attempt to reduce or eliminate all regressive taxes (on food staples, license fees, park admission, etc.) but allow the rates to be adjusted as the legislature sees fit to meet the needs of our government and our people. Taxation ought to be a tool our government can use to promote the good and right the wrongs in our society.

Thank you to all for your endorsements and your kind words! I look forward to working with you in the future.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 10:42:29 AM »

That's awful rude D:

But nonetheless true. Ask Polnut.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »

While I support the idea of a flat tax, since I think every citizen's obligation to pay his dues, so to speak, for a civil society is essentially the same, I thought that Jake Matthews' Flat Tax Act took things a bit too far in mandating that the flat tax on income would be the only tax able to be levied by the Northeast government. I would support a mildly progressive tax on income and property and attempt to reduce or eliminate all regressive taxes (on food staples, license fees, park admission, etc.) but allow the rates to be adjusted as the legislature sees fit to meet the needs of our government and our people. Taxation ought to be a tool our government can use to promote the good and right the wrongs in our society.

Thank you to all for your endorsements and your kind words! I look forward to working with you in the future.

One of my issues with Jake Matthews' Flat Tax Act that the ban on other taxes could be lifted just as easily as it could have been put in place, simply a majority vote of the Assembly. Now I oppose it on principle but it was quite redundant. What is so regressive about charging for park admission? IMO, it would be nice to get added revenue from tourists visiting to see the natural beauty of the region.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 03:17:53 PM »

You have my cross-regional endorsement Smiley
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 06:32:50 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2011, 06:34:32 PM by homelycooking »

One of my issues with Jake Matthews' Flat Tax Act that the ban on other taxes could be lifted just as easily as it could have been put in place, simply a majority vote of the Assembly. Now I oppose it on principle but it was quite redundant. What is so regressive about charging for park admission? IMO, it would be nice to get added revenue from tourists visiting to see the natural beauty of the region.

It is regressive in the sense that it charges a higher percentage of income from people earning low salaries than it does from the wealthy. A $50 license fee hits an unemployed man in the pocketbook much harder than it does a CEO. My goal in reducing such regressive taxes and fees is to make sure that recreation is a right granted to all Northeasterners irrelevant of their economic means, and that our region's natural beauty belongs to all those who reside in the Northeast. I think the challenge of upkeep of natural parks and ecosystems can be met in other ways.

You have my cross-regional endorsement Smiley

Thank you, Kal. Your encouragement means a lot. Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »

That's awful rude D:

But nonetheless true. Ask Polnut.

It's true - but times do change, there's an opportunity for a real progressive voice in the NE.

Fully endorsed.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 07:58:08 PM »

It's true - but times do change, there's an opportunity for a real progressive voice in the NE.

Fully endorsed.

Thanks Polnut, I look forward to working with you (hopefully as your assemblyman Wink).
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 08:19:51 PM »

People of the Northeast,

If elected to the Assembly, my top priority will be to reorganize and simplify the bureaucracies of government information currently in place in our region. While I am concerned about the state of tax policy and environmental regulation in our region, enacting more legislation will be meaningless if it continues to be deposited without care or accountability into a Wiki page that may be out of date, erroneous or simply impossible to find. Until we clean up the mess of existing legislation left by generations of Atlasian legislators, we should be wary of voting on new bills that will make the problem even more difficult to solve. I will introduce legislation as soon as I am elected that will establish a single, officially authorized code of law that will mandate an official review of statute approved as of the current legislature and will require all contradictory legislation to be amended or deleted. Additionally, all Wiki pages containing information about the personnel of our government and region must be kept up to date. It will be a difficult project to complete, but it must be done if Northeasterners are to have any confidence whatsoever in the legitimacy of their government.

I feel obligated to do much of the dirty work to gain your confidence as a principled and diligent legislator (and because college is boring!). Concerns have been raised over who will endure the drudgery to clean up our government and restore confidence in the Northeast and its rule of law: I give you my word that I can be that leader, if you have faith in my abilities and my vision.

All ego-massaging aside, I look forward to addressing your comments and concerns.

hc
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »

Let me know what you think about the parks legislation I drafted. I tried to incorporate both of our ideas in to one solution.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »

I just posted in your office, Napoleon. It's a fine piece of legislation and I hope it passes with multipartisan support.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 06:06:36 AM »

FWIW, you have my endorsement.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 11:14:32 AM »

Thanks, Antonio. I'll add it to the growing list Wink
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »

Dear friends and fellow Northeasterners,

It is my pleasure to endorse Napoleon for Northeast Assembly in the upcoming elections. He has proven himself in this current legislative term to be an effective advocate for the people of the Northeast, and regardless of whether I am elected to the Assembly this month, I would unquestionably want Napoleon to be reelected to a seat in the legislature. Our collaboration on legislation has given me insight into his values and judgment, and I have no doubt that the Northeast would be making the right choice to elect Napoleon to continue the work to move our region forward.

hc
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »

Good people of the Northeast:

Tomorrow we will hold elections for the Northeast Assembly. I'm sure you're aware that our government is inefficient, that it's not competitively democratic and that it's often obscure and difficult to navigate. If you want to change that, you've got to vote tomorrow. Choose the candidates who you think are going to make Atlasia more open, fair and democratic.

Vote Friday April 15 in Northeast Assembly Elections!

Regards,
hc
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 07:48:13 PM »

Two Connecticut liberals in one Assembly?

Heavens, light the beacons!
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »

Citizens of the Northeast,

Thank you for your support in the recently concluded elections. I am humbled by your trust in my ability and my vision, and will do my best to meet your high expectations in these next two months.

Congratulations also to re-elected assemblymen Jake Matthews, Napoleon and sbane. I am thrilled that this legislative "dream team" won the renewed support of the Northeast and anticipate greatly being able to work with these fair and astute public servants.

Though my campaign has ended, and I'm shutting down the battle-bus for now, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you might have regarding the Assembly or its legislation.

hc
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies