AIDS & Abortion: 2M deaths yearly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:03:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  AIDS & Abortion: 2M deaths yearly
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: AIDS & Abortion: 2M deaths yearly  (Read 9428 times)
Brambila
Brambilla

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2004, 11:06:36 PM »

The problem is that homosexuals have a higher rate of promiscuous sex as I have already shown (a source I have already provided on many occasions), and in addition the sex they have (though all it is really is mutual masturbation) is unnatural. Anal sex, for instance, causes anal bleeding, and can spread AIDS.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2004, 12:49:11 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2004, 01:45:53 AM by Lunar »

Banning homosexuals because they are statistically more likely to contract a disease is like banning Blacks because they are statistically more likely to be drug users.  What the hell?
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2004, 01:48:47 AM »

Banning homosexuals because they are statistically more likely to contract a disease is like banning Blacks because they are statistically more likely to be drug users.  What the hell is wrong with you?

Blacks using drugs more often has nothing to do with them being psychologically black. Homosexuals having promiscuous sex has to do with their psychology. Being black isn't the problem. Being homosexual is. Moron.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2004, 02:23:06 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2004, 02:26:05 AM by Lunar »

Banning homosexuals because they are statistically more likely to contract a disease is like banning Blacks because they are statistically more likely to be drug users.  What the hell is wrong with you?

Blacks using drugs more often has nothing to do with them being psychologically black. Homosexuals having promiscuous sex has to do with their psychology. Being black isn't the problem. Being homosexual is. Moron.

I wasn't responding to you (since you aren't trying to ban homosexuality).  But I love you too.  I was attacking the logical flaw of Bushforever's drive to ban homosexuality on the grounds that they were statistically more likely to have AIDs.

So if Blacks were psychologically more likely to use drugs, banning them would be ok?  What's your argument here?

danwxman

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2004, 02:46:52 AM »

Gay men are more promiscuous. This is true. Are you a guy? You know how horny we are. Can you imagine if straight men were attracted to each other? Holy hell, they'd be having sex all the time. So gay men do have sex more, and on average have more sex partners over their lifetime. Surprising? No, when you consider male hormones. Not to mention, our society shuns them and there is no pressure to get married or settled down. If gay marriage was legalized, AIDS rates would probably go down among homosexuals.
danwxman

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2004, 02:50:20 AM »

BTW, homosexuality was known all the way back into the 1930's. I saw a special on this...hollywood used to demonize homosexuals in movies all the time.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2004, 03:42:41 AM »

Gay men are more promiscuous. This is true. Are you a guy? You know how horny we are. Can you imagine if straight men were attracted to each other? Holy hell, they'd be having sex all the time. So gay men do have sex more, and on average have more sex partners over their lifetime. Surprising? No, when you consider male hormones.

Perfectly correct - it is gay male's maleness that makes them promiscuous, not their gayness.  The gayness merely facilitates it - no women involved = no limits on sex. 

Straight males who use prostitutes are similarly promiscuous to gay males.

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2004, 05:21:55 AM »

I've only read the first three sentences of the first post of this thread.

Not many people cause such an instant distate in the back of my throat, but this bloke does.

However someone gets HIV/AIDS, or any otrher disease, doesn't amtter. We as a society need to work together to make sure that we don't die-that's pretty basic-and a lack of comapssion for anyone is not only against the morals of most religions, but also against what makes a truly decent society.

You can pretend that gays are completely seperate-totally different human being that you don't need to feel compassion for to get into heaven-but if you are a Christian, no matter what you think of homosexuality, you have no reason in the eyes of God for judging gays as subhuman.

Mary Magdalen was shamed, and look who got to heaven-her or those who seperated her from society?
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2004, 12:59:16 PM »

Woops, I thought you said there was something wrong with me. I take back that comment I made, in that case.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, not at all. The thing is, blacks don't practice anything disordered. Now if a large number of blacks had psychological tendencies to abuse drugs, then they should seek therapy. Similarly, homosexuals have tendencies to abuse sex, and they should seek therapy.

John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2004, 05:09:37 PM »

I haven't made comments on drug users yet, but now I will - not all drug users who have AIDS have it because of drugs, needles, and whatnot. People who use drugs have a higher chance of being promiscuous and generally irresponsible - banning drug use won't stop them from doing those, and neither will banning being promiscuous and irresponsible(virtually unenforceable all around).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2004, 06:24:01 AM »

Yuck.

All I'm gonna point out for now is that telling people not to do stupid things is probably not much of a solution.
and secondly, how come a Republican thinks the land of the free should brainwash people and interfer with people's privacy?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2004, 11:00:39 AM »

and secondly, how come a Republican thinks the land of the free should brainwash people and interfer with people's privacy?

There are stupid people in all groups. I've seen nutbags in the Democratic party presenting equally ludicrous ideas, just towards other groups.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2004, 07:02:13 PM »

Although I don't necessarily advocate banning sodomy, I think it sad that one would consider sex a "stupid thing". Sex is not a stupid thing, sex is a very huge, and potentially hazardous thing. This has no more to do with the “brainwashing” we do in illegalizing robbery and murder, and prosecuting those who commit the crimes. Though I do support privacy in the bedroom, I can see it possible that we should remove that privacy should it affect society negatively. Believe it or not, two gay men having "sex" does affect me, indirectly or not.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2004, 08:41:07 PM »

Although I don't necessarily advocate banning sodomy, I think it sad that one would consider sex a "stupid thing". Sex is not a stupid thing, sex is a very huge, and potentially hazardous thing. This has no more to do with the “brainwashing” we do in illegalizing robbery and murder, and prosecuting those who commit the crimes. Though I do support privacy in the bedroom, I can see it possible that we should remove that privacy should it affect society negatively. Believe it or not, two gay men having "sex" does affect me, indirectly or not.

I think he means that promiscuous sex and doing drugs are stupid things, not sex in general.

Many personal decisions do affect society, negatively even, but forbidding them usually has more negatives than plusses. Freedom comes at a price.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2004, 10:05:38 PM »

As I said, homosexuality causes promiscuous sex. Although there are some homosexuals who live lives without promiscuity, it is uncommon for homosexuals not to have promiscuous sex.

Although I agree that legislating personal issues usually ends up not solving the problem, if worst comes to worst and the problem isn't solved by keeping it legal, it would be morally remiss not to legislate it. 
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2004, 10:20:25 PM »

As I said, homosexuality causes promiscuous sex. Although there are some homosexuals who live lives without promiscuity, it is uncommon for homosexuals not to have promiscuous sex.

Although I agree that legislating personal issues usually ends up not solving the problem, if worst comes to worst and the problem isn't solved by keeping it legal, it would be morally remiss not to legislate it. 

The problem won't go away by illegalizing it either - some things are problems and they always will be, whether you like it or not. Homosexuality was illegal before, and that did not stop it from existing. The same goes for drugs - no matter how we try to stop drugs from being produced, they still run rampant, and our prohibition attempts only cause more violent crime and thusly is a waste of money.

A more effective strategy would be to encourage monogamous relationships among homosexuals - you won't stop them from being homosexual, and you won't be able to illegalize it. The best thing to do is work within the problem and reform the attitudes of homosexuals towards sex. To do this people need to get over their prejudices and realize that they can't change someone's nature. You see the problem - what have you done to fix it?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2004, 10:46:09 PM »

A more effective strategy would be to encourage monogamous relationships among homosexuals - you won't stop them from being homosexual, and you won't be able to illegalize it.

This is why I usually just give up when people use the argument that has been seen in this topic.  They honestly believe that homosexuality is a curable disorder and that if you just attack homosexuality enough, homosexuals will "convert" to heterosexuality.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2004, 10:50:32 PM »

Firstly, I do not believe that the problem with homosexual promiscuity is bad enough to implement laws against homosexuals. I do believe you could be able to correct homosexuality. The best thing we can do now is to help homosexuals seek treatment, and discourage homosexual advertisements, movies, and general publicity, as that can create homosexuality among children.

Gabu, I don't believe anyone can convert to heterosexuality, but rather, they can cure themselves into heterosexuality.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2004, 11:51:00 PM »

Firstly, I do not believe that the problem with homosexual promiscuity is bad enough to implement laws against homosexuals. I do believe you could be able to correct homosexuality. The best thing we can do now is to help homosexuals seek treatment, and discourage homosexual advertisements, movies, and general publicity, as that can create homosexuality among children.

Gabu, I don't believe anyone can convert to heterosexuality, but rather, they can cure themselves into heterosexuality.

1. You have the foolish notion that people who's brains are wired for homosexuality(their brains, not their genes, brain development is not completely based on genetics) can change that in their adult lives. They can't. Most of these 'treatment' programs revolve around shaming homosexuals that homosexuality itself is wrong - it doesn't change their urges, they are just shamed into it. Real treatment would get them to stop being promiscuous.

2. You have the foolish notion that heterosexuals can be converted into homosexuals. You are or you aren't. Advertisement, movies, and publicity don't have crap to do with kids becoming homosexual. Biological, environmental, and IMPORTANT psychological factors come in - seeing two men kiss isn't going to make a five year old homosexual, being molested MIGHT.
danwxman

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2004, 12:04:43 AM »

1. You have the foolish notion that people who's brains are wired for homosexuality(their brains, not their genes, brain development is not completely based on genetics) can change that in their adult lives. They can't. Most of these 'treatment' programs revolve around shaming homosexuals that homosexuality itself is wrong - it doesn't change their urges, they are just shamed into it. Real treatment would get them to stop being promiscuous.

2. You have the foolish notion that heterosexuals can be converted into homosexuals. You are or you aren't. Advertisement, movies, and publicity don't have crap to do with kids becoming homosexual. Biological, environmental, and IMPORTANT psychological factors come in - seeing two men kiss isn't going to make a five year old homosexual, being molested MIGHT.

Good post....but being molested will not make you homosexual, but it may in fact make one confused about their sexuality or make them think they are homosexual.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »

Good post....but being molested will not make you homosexual, but it may in fact make one confused about their sexuality or make them think they are homosexual.

Being molested is a potential factor in making one a homosexual. It is rarely the only factor. There is usually no one factor that determines an individual's sexuality, it is usually a combination of factors, varying from individual to individual. Molestation at an early age may affect brain development, and might knock something out of normal operation.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2004, 05:36:49 AM »

it is uncommon for homosexuals not to have promiscuous sex.

and it isn't for heteros?
bushforever
bushwillwin

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2004, 11:14:36 AM »

It seems like the main issue here is whether you think people are born gay or whether homosexual behavior is a learned trait.  I believe it is learned and occurs over time.  Everybody is born innocent, it's the life experience and the choices one makes that determines whether a person is good or bad.  It's all the sexual advertisements and heresay, and stuff like that which may make a person confused about their sexaul identity.  These people need to be cured.

As Kurt Cobain said in the song All Apologies... "what else could i say, everyone is gay."  And I believe that everyone has the possibility and the capability to be gay or to be straight, it just depends on how a person is brought up and the choices they make.

You can't really call a person stupid or ignorant for believing that homosexuality is a learned trait or something a person is born with.  Let's be respectful of other's views, eh?
bushforever
bushwillwin

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2004, 11:18:21 AM »

Another thing.

The underlying causes of AIDS, i.e. promiscuous sex among homosexuals and heterosexuals alike, and drug use are the real problems deserving of attention and cure, not the disease itself.  Otherwise you will just encourage immoral behaviors like promiscuous sex and drug use.  For example......Oh, I'm gonna have group sex and get high on heroin tonight...it's not like I'm gonna get AIDS or anything.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2004, 11:36:48 AM »

It seems like the main issue here is whether you think people are born gay or whether homosexual behavior is a learned trait.  I believe it is learned and occurs over time.  Everybody is born innocent, it's the life experience and the choices one makes that determines whether a person is good or bad.  It's all the sexual advertisements and heresay, and stuff like that which may make a person confused about their sexaul identity.  These people need to be cured.

As Kurt Cobain said in the song All Apologies... "what else could i say, everyone is gay."  And I believe that everyone has the possibility and the capability to be gay or to be straight, it just depends on how a person is brought up and the choices they make.

You can't really call a person stupid or ignorant for believing that homosexuality is a learned trait or something a person is born with.  Let's be respectful of other's views, eh?

I call it ignorant and stupid when someone ignores science. Homosexuality is not learned. A variety of factors define a person's sexuality, just as a variety of factors determine other traits within a person. The biggest ones have to do with the body's chemistry - remember that the human body is really just a big sack of chemical reactions, and when one reaction changes it can affect the others. One reaction could change the development of your brain, and it might skew you towards being homosexual. There are many other things that you might be biologically predisposed towards - risk taking, alcoholism and other diseases based on addiction, and so much more. Of course, I am not denying that people still have a will of their own, but the mind and the body are greatly intertwined, so the body does affect behavior.

Brambila will dispute anything from the APA, simply because he thinks they are run by homos, but I'll link it anyways: http://www.apa.org/pubinfo/answers.html

Most importantly from that: "There are numerous theories about the origins of a person's sexual orientation; most scientists today agree that sexual orientation is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors. In most people, sexual orientation is shaped at an early age. There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality. In summary, it is important to recognize that there are probably many reasons for a person's sexual orientation and the reasons may be different for different people."

Basically it says you can't simply 'learn' to be a homosexual.

Another thing.

The underlying causes of AIDS, i.e. promiscuous sex among homosexuals and heterosexuals alike, and drug use are the real problems deserving of attention and cure, not the disease itself.  Otherwise you will just encourage immoral behaviors like promiscuous sex and drug use.  For example......Oh, I'm gonna have group sex and get high on heroin tonight...it's not like I'm gonna get AIDS or anything.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't cure the disease itself. We should both encourage responsible behavior and find a cure. They aren't mutually exclusive. I don't have group sex or do drugs - and AIDS really doesn't factor in at all for me. I've been taught and shown that such behaviors are just plain dumb, cheap ways to feel good, and can't replace true happiness. Some people will be stupid no matter what you do, you have to accept that. I say just let them die of their own stupidity - a little social darwinism now and then could be a good thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies