SENATE BILL: Reduction of Registration Requirements Amendment (Pass to Regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:54:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Reduction of Registration Requirements Amendment (Pass to Regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Reduction of Registration Requirements Amendment (Pass to Regions)  (Read 14834 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: April 06, 2011, 12:31:59 PM »

Trying to make it easier for cindywho2012 to come back? Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:49:52 PM »

I'm just so tired of the back and forth on registration requirements.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »

Well I won't be voting for this bill.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »

We aren't voting on anything right now. Antonio is just buying votes. Tongue

I never got a check from him.

Want one ? I'm taking example from my PM there... Grin

Reelection is 4 months away. It's never too early to start taking donations. Wink

you and yankee will never let me be dean!! Sad
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 11:52:54 PM »

nay
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:22:01 AM »

I thought the 18 post requirement back in the day was fun. Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 04:07:57 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2011, 04:11:18 AM by bgwah »

^The current requirements are 25 posts in the last 8 weeks, IIRC.

Anyway, I have several comments:
1) Have we stopped to consider that perhaps the high posting requirements are why Hamilton ultimately gave up creating so many counts? I know that he's mostly gone now, but if we let our guard down it could happen again.
2) With that said, anyone who has followed my Atlasian politics over the years knows I favor lower posting requirements. I don't see anything obviously wrong with Junkie's proposal. Perhaps reverting to a lower registration requirement (I always liked 18 for the lolz) would be an acceptable compromise if the Senate doesn't want to completely eliminate the registration requirement.
3) While I don't necessarily support eliminating the registration posting requirement altogether, I do support getting rid of any requirement saying you can't register until your account is X days old. Please remember that with Hamilton, he made a bunch of accounts, and often wouldn't start using them until several months later---I don't think this law would have ever been effective in stopping sock accounts and instead just risks discouraging newbies. So put me down as someone who supports no account age requirement, or a very small one at the minimum.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 10:37:46 PM »

It also may be fair to suggest that since Dave has made Nym an administrator, some of the problems we faced earlier may now be taken care of at the administrative level.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 04:21:39 PM »

Let's just lower the registration requirement back to 18 or 25 and get on with it... Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 06:27:30 PM »

The current text is the 50:14.

We have a preposal to remove the requirement for registration and create a new one for voting (Is this on top of the current activity/positing requirement or in place of as far as this preposal is concerned?).

We have preposal by bgwah to go as low as 18 posts and I beleive no day requirement.

Finally we have Marokai's idea about dropping the activity/positing requirement down to preserve the the number of voters.

Are these not the current alternatives that have been put forth?

I don't support removing the "X # of posts over the past 8 weeks" rule, if that's what you mean.

I do support lowing the registration post requirement.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2011, 06:40:21 PM by bgwah »

On the other hand, Jackson has been posting on Atlas for over three months, maybe not as often as some of us, but he's still consistently been here. He also expressed an interest in Atlasia early on, but was prohibited from participating due to the very high posting requirements. I'm not defending "spamming," nor do I encourage it, but it doesn't seem quite right to just dismiss someone interested in participating by labeling them a spammer.

Atlasia is probably the #1 reason I became a regular poster on this forum, and I bet many others could say the same. Perhaps Atlasia is becoming stale due to the lack of new blood.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 06:49:05 PM »

Game reform issues can also bore people. I've found that my game-related bills often generate little discussion, while non-game related legislation (such as renaming airports or anything to do with drugs) seems to generate the most passionate discussion, not just among the Senate but among the general public as well.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 07:13:25 PM »

Constant recruiting is also counter to game reform successes, as most of the newbies have absolutely no understanding of the game yet anyway, and no understanding of why the game needs to be changed. Besides, I assure you, if you actually proposed something big and put your weight behind getting it passed, it would generate a lot of discussion.

How does one gain an understanding of what needs to be changed if not by joining?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 06:35:25 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies