SENATE BILL: Reduction of Registration Requirements Amendment (Pass to Regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:08:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Reduction of Registration Requirements Amendment (Pass to Regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Reduction of Registration Requirements Amendment (Pass to Regions)  (Read 14844 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: April 06, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »

I am not opposed to this, but I'm not sure I understand the reason for it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:08:55 PM »

Sorry for my absense fellows, real life has been intensely busy but I will accept it as friendly.  Sorry again.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »

What's the current incarnation of this bill? 10 days and 50 posts?
Yes. A reasonable compromise from what liberals want (current) and what most conservatives want (combination of historical ones)

That's not a conservatives vs. liberals issue. That's an issue between prudent people who don't want to ease the next zombie invasion, and foolhardy people who don't realize the dangers of this bill.
One of the biggest problems with this game continues to be activity. If a new member wants to get involved in the game, we shouldn't be requiring them to spam the forum in order to be eligible. 10 days is plenty of time for a new  member to adjust to the site.

Slightly lowering these requirements is not going to make a "zombie invasion" worse. If anything, it'll just mean more spamming on the forum at-large to get them eligible.

did you mean less?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 02:25:31 PM »

I think 10 days is the best amount - It's easiest to count from when someone registered.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »

Nay
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »

Abstain
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »

Right now, the constitution talks in terms of 'registered voter' rather than 'citizen.'  The assumption seems to be if you're not a registered voter you can't participate at all, but really the constitution already allows for someone to. I don't really understand why the Pre-Registraton Act failed.

I think the biggest problem for new members might be the confusion. When I first tried to vote for an amendment after I registered I didn't realize I hadn't been around long enough, so I was a bit frustrated that it was thrown out. Thanks to Marokai and Dallasfan, I think the Intro to Atlasia has been a bit improved since then, but I wonder - what ever happened to the Welcoming committee?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 09:56:58 PM »

A compromise seems to exist here, just no one willing to write it up. I can't really recall any Senate debate in my entire history of interacting with the Senate that got this much stubbornness from its supporters regarding any compromises and also got so many alternative proposals that never actually got anywhere at all.

A compromise between what and what? I can't even remember which proposal we're debating at this point.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »

Are there any Senators who support having registering for the game seperate from registering to vote?   I would be concerned that would mean needing two different threads or else it would be confusing for new citizens.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies