SENATE BILL: Reduction of Registration Requirements Amendment (Pass to Regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:35:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Reduction of Registration Requirements Amendment (Pass to Regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Reduction of Registration Requirements Amendment (Pass to Regions)  (Read 14806 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: April 06, 2011, 12:55:28 PM »

Why should we lower requirements in first place?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »

A resolute and definitive no. The last thing we need is easing zombie recruitment.

^^^

My thoughts exactly.

Also: quality, people, quality. It's better to have less, but committeed, citizens, than being flooded.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 03:45:53 PM »

I'm going to oppose this, sorry.

If you want to join, you can wait a little.

You really don't remember zombie invasion, when people were registering onsite just to get involved in Atlasia? Come on!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 12:09:17 PM »

Yeah, Shua. What's the relevance of few less days?

Geez, if you want to get involved, it's even better you have few additional days to rethink it and learn more, before registering.

I'll oppose the bill.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »

We can reach a compromise there.

I propose following amendment:

Reduction of Registration Requirements Amendment
Article V, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Atlasian Constitution is hereby amended to read:
1.  A person may become a registered voter if they have attained fifty posts and have been registered at the forum for at least ten days. In registration, the person must state their name and State of fantasy residence; In addition, they may optionally state a political affiliation.

How about that, Happy?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »

Article V, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Atlasian Constitution is hereby amended to read:
1.  A person may become a registered voter if they have attained fifty posts and have been registered at the forum for at least ten days. In registration, the person must state their name and State of fantasy residence; In addition, they may optionally state a political affiliation.

How about that, Happy?
Would you be willing to vote for that?

I suppouse so.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »

I proposed a compromise amendment because this is going to pass anyway so it's better to reduce potential damage here Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »

HappyWarrior needs to be shot for nonchalance in the first degree
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »

Shua, I am well aware that he answered the damn question in his post, my intent is to torture him for not answering for so long. I thought this was clear. Evil

How about that, Happy?

Senators have 24 hours to object to above amendment's passage.

I apologize once again lord Speaker!

It's Lord High Speaker, you peasant!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 08:52:27 AM »

Hold on! If we have it specified in constitution, this bill is unconstitutional and the only way to change it is constitutional amendment passed with required majority and ratified by regions.

...unless I'm confused and this is not a bill but constitutional amendment project Huh
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 01:32:32 PM »

All right, thanks for clarification.

I promised voting aye if amendment is accepted and I'm going to keep my word as a matter of honor, even if I were confused.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 02:34:43 PM »

All right, thanks for clarification.

I promised voting aye if amendment is accepted and I'm going to keep my word as a matter of honor, even if I were confused.

Sorry to say that, but it was a f**king stupid promise.

Hey! I can't be a flip-flooper for my entire life Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »

Duke, Yank, Oakvale, someone !! Please just vote nay !

Rowan likes to vote nay. Just ask him Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 05:03:51 AM »

I really don't think it is going to hurt much. My amendments were to make sure it won't hurt that much Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 09:30:43 AM »

Also, any Senator voting aye will be personally invited for a nice party in my beautiful villa, with the most "committed" girls from my campaign team. Grin

Consider me corrupted successfully.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 06:55:19 PM »

Aye.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 06:35:45 PM »

I just love how minor and silly all of this is. We've literally arrived at the point that you're debating over removing one day off of the account age requirement. Someone please inform me how that decision will make the activity just flood in.

Unless you abolish these requirements altogether, you're still going to have people have to meet requirements and you're still going to be "shutting people out." If you really want to have activity flood in, try axing the requirements entirely. Otherwise this is the very definition of a teeny tiny purely-for-show effort.

I feel like we're not even on the same page here. One side just wants to whittle away at the activity requirements just for the hell of it while the other side is screaming "what the hell is that going to do, exactly?" while the other side basically has no answer.

Legislating!

We're extremely sorry we can't reach Marokai's greatness as Senator. Oh, if he only didn't run from active Atlasia politics sometimes ago... I guess we didn't beg him enough to stay and led our tiny brains to the better future.

The Senate.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 05:33:26 PM »

Nay
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 08:00:19 PM »

I've made a proposal some time ago that maybe should be considered.

I don't think we should establish 3 different classes of citizens (registered Atlasian, registered voters and actual voters). But since there already are requirements for vote, we can make things even more simple.

For example, if today you have to be there for 14 days before registering, and you have to be registered for 14 days before posting, we can amend it so that it's 7-21 instead.

Class society? No thanks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 08:45:50 AM »

Heh... Aye.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 03:50:39 PM »

Yankee still won't count it thrice.
Pages: [1]