UT-Deseret News/KSL-TV/Dan Jones: No country for Non-Mormons
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:31:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  UT-Deseret News/KSL-TV/Dan Jones: No country for Non-Mormons
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT-Deseret News/KSL-TV/Dan Jones: No country for Non-Mormons  (Read 1203 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 10, 2011, 12:29:48 AM »

69% Romney
14% Huntsman
  5% Trump
  2% Palin
  1% Huckabee
  7% Others
  3% Undecided

If the choice in a Utah GOP primary were between Romney and Trump, Romney would get the votes of 83 percent of Utahns, compared to just 11 percent for Trump.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705370310/Trump-may-want-to-fire-himself-from-Utah-GOP-presidential-primary-after-new-poll.html
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:46:01 AM »

I find it sad that someone like Romney crushes Huntsman in his own home state, even if he is Mormon.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:58:10 AM »

Also, Huntsman is probably more of a Mormom than Romney is.  The dude is ambassador because he already learned Chinese to be a missionary.  Mitty doesn't seem religious at all.  Mitty doesn't seem anything at all.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 02:25:35 AM »

Also, Huntsman is probably more of a Mormom than Romney is.  The dude is ambassador because he already learned Chinese to be a missionary.  Mitty doesn't seem religious at all.  Mitty doesn't seem anything at all.

Mitt was also a missionary like Huntsman ans every other Mormon. He actually was a former official in the temple he attended which was criticized back in 08 if I recall correctly, but he doesn't strike me as that irreligious.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 02:31:38 AM »

Huntsman has openly stated he's not that religious.  But I think Romney leads because the GOP is cool to candidates who aren't nationally famous.  Illogical as most things Republican...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 02:51:23 AM »

Huntsman has openly stated he's not that religious.  But I think Romney leads because the GOP is cool to candidates who aren't nationally famous.  Illogical as most things Republican...

Hunstman isn't that popular amongst many in the UT GOP. Supporting McCain, the gay rights bills, and accepting a position from Obama are to blame for this development.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 04:30:01 AM »

What % of Utah Republicans are non-Mormon?  I realize I could go look this up myself from past exit polls, but I'm too lazy.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 08:05:54 AM »

What % of Utah Republicans are non-Mormon?  I realize I could go look this up myself from past exit polls, but I'm too lazy.

In 2008: 90%

http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/index.html#UTREP
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 08:32:41 AM »

In 2008: 90% 10%

http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/index.html#UTREP

Fixed that for you. Wink

Looking at the exit poll, I loved that those saying religion of candidate did not matter at all went 88% for Romney. Lol.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 09:55:05 PM »

There have been some Mormon missionaries in Bangor recently (perhaps they're still here). Are people in Utah very strange? Because you aren't going to get many converts by stopping people along along a street where no-one lives and which is only used to get to and from work/public transport and home, or by marching around residential areas when it's gone dark. Is it the lack of proper, grown up drinks? Does it addle their little Mormon minds? I mean, they're nice enough (I'm sure) but they act like f***ing cultists. And I mean that in the sense of 'alas Brother Bob has left the Order. There will be meat pies for tea'.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies