The Let’s Make This Official Because... (Vetoed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:37:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Let’s Make This Official Because... (Vetoed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Let’s Make This Official Because... (Vetoed)  (Read 3510 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 10, 2011, 11:12:17 AM »

I really hope you're not going to tell me now this is a "complex bill regarding situation in Libya" that HW and Ben were supposed to prepare...

It isn't, don't worry.  It's a stopgap, to get some legislation going.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:51:42 PM »

Hashemite's December 2009 review:
  • Afghanistan: Normal, though we are concerned about corruption and a plethora of other issues.
  • Iraq: Normal, though we have major concerns about corruption and other issues.

Hashemite's May 2010 review:
  • Afghanistan: Normal, though we are concerned about corruption, drugs, women's right and other issues.
  • Iraq: Normal, though we have major concerns about corruption and other issues.

Hashemite's December 2010 review:

Never got to the Middle East

My July 2010 review:
  • Afghanistan: Normal, though we are concerned about corruption, drugs, women's right and other issues.

In addition, the Atlasia-Iraq Free Trade Act all passed without any discussion regarding our status in those two countries from a military point of view.  The fact that all this passed without anyone questioning our presence there is disconcerting - it also leads me to believe that it was assumed we were out already.

We also have John Ford's wiki page, which notes
You must be logged in to read this quote.

When Joe Republic ran for President in October 2005, he talked about victory in Iraq.

This forces me to conclude that we have actually been there the whole time, but nobody in the last 3-4 years has done anything about it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:00:29 PM »

So in essence, why don't we amend this bill to pull any remaining troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan?

Part of the problem is that we don't have any idea of what the ramifications would be.  Until Badger can better inform us, I don't want to withdraw our troops.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 05:41:30 PM »

I mentioned the FTA as well.  It was superseded by a bill linking human rights and free trade.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »

So basically we were out of Irak by 2005, but were at war again in 2006 ? Huh

And then we basically didn't talk about it again until 2011/acted like we've been out the whole time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies