What's your political geneology?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:20:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What's your political geneology?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What's your political geneology?  (Read 1604 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 10:25:15 PM »

Paternal grandmother's line: poor English/German family from Kansas (my grandmother was born in Kansas and grew up in Portland, OR)

Paternal grandfather's line: middle-class German/Swiss/Luxembourger family from South Dakota, one great-great grandfather moved to Portland,OR where my great-grandfather and grandfather were born.

Maternal grandmother's line: working-class Irish Catholics from Peabody, MA.

Maternal grandfather's line: wealthy family (his mother was Irish Catholic, his father was WASP) from Chicago, IL.

Paternal grandfather: the epitome of a "swing voter". He was traditionally Republican, but in a pragmatic, fiscally prudent, old-fashioned way. Used to vote Republican, but George W Bush and the Tea Party have left him in disgust. However, he doesn't like Obama either.

Paternal grandmother: Very politically active, idealistic about change, very liberal/progressive Democrat. However, she doesn't like a lot of what Obama's done. Very pacifist, pro-choice, environmentalist, etc.

Maternal grandmother: Votes Democratic, but doesn't seem to be that interested in politics from what I've observed.

Maternal grandfather: rabidly right-wing in orientation, a Tea Party supporter but also a loyal Republican. A typical angry Republican "rank and file" voter.

Both of my parents: moderately liberal Democrats.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 11:33:10 PM »

Paternal Grandfather: German Catholic from a small town in NW Ohio. He was raised in a household that had a picture of JFK on the mantel next to a picture of the pope. He eventually became a small business owner and a Republican.

Paternal Grandmother: Irish Catholic from Pittsburgh. Against seemingly ever other Irish Catholic family from Pittsburgh she (and all her other relatives) were hard-core Republicans and remain that way today. Very conservative in every way.

Father: Catholic small business owner, "typical" conservative Republican, enamored with Ronald Reagan. The 80s were his glory days.

Maternal Grandfather: Carpenter son of Hungarian immigrants who died before I was born.

Maternal Grandmother: German Catholic from the same town I grew up in. This side of my family has lived here since the early 1800s. Typical old-time Catholic Democrat, voted for the person not the party in later years.

Mother: Used to be a Democrat, slowly drifted away from the party. Her siblings have the full range of the political spectrum. Socially conservative, economically liberal. Is a public school teacher who has been on strike.

Me: A Catholic Republican (surprise!). I am very socially conservative especially concerning sex and drugs. I am mildly conservative on fiscal matters. In my (short) time voting I have pulled the lever for 18 Republicans and 5 Democrats.

You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »

Mum and Dad: Always been Labour, always will be.
Sister: Liberal Democrat until the 2010, she tactically voted Labour. Wouldn't go near the Libs now if you paid her.
Maternal Grandma: Tory under 1992 election, now Labour. Liberal locally until the Coalition.
Maternal Grandfather: Conservative.
Paternal Grandparents: Conservatives, through and through.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies