Game of Thrones on HBO (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:06:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones on HBO (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones on HBO  (Read 3480 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: April 12, 2011, 11:36:37 AM »

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED

I've been a devoted fan of A Song of Ice and Fire since for about 5 years now, and the fact that they're even making this series(!) and that it's clearly going to be absolutely wonderful(!!!) makes me Grin

If ASoIaF is the kind of series for you—and there's definitely people for which that is not the case—you should really enjoy it.  George R. R. Martin is a fantastic writer.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »

Bump.  Anyone watching?  It took me a bit to get into the show and understand who they heck all of the characters were, but I'm locked in now.  I downloaded all of the episodes this week and watched like 3 in a row yesterday. Some very solid acting- Peter Dinklage in particular. The kid who plays the prince is really good too because I feel like strangling him through the screen.

I can say as a fanboy of the books that the child actress who plays Arya is so perfect omgz.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:32:15 PM »

I love it! I've been a huge fan of the books and was worried that the show would disappoint--far from it! Those of you who haven't read the books have to share some of your predictions for the back half of the season. It'll be entertaining.

Oh, please do!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 02:56:47 PM »

-Is Snow not actually Ed's son? Perhaps its his brother's son, who wasn't supposed to have kids

As for Jon Snow, you might be on to something. Nothing has been reveild in the books (and if it had I wouldn't tell you) but there have been a few clues that point in a certain direction...

Yes, there's a certain hypothesis in regards to that I thought up one night that others also thought of in regards to that. The implications will be quite interesting if it's correct.

Since you guys won't do it... Spoiler alert!

He's very likely (although not 100% confirmed in the books, very strongly hinted at) the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen (Viserys and Daenerys's dead older brother, the one Robert hated). Lyanna likely died giving birth to him. Lyanna was Eddard's older sister, the one whom Robert loved. You saw a statute of her in the Winterfell crypt in the first episode. Rhaegar "abducting" her was what triggered the events leading to Robert's rebellion, but all indications are that she actually went quite willingly and loved Rhaegar.

STOP THAT DON'T SPOIL THAT'S SO EVIL
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 11:40:03 AM »

*hughughug* to the book virgins Sad

I'm rooting for more Tully, as I'm basically one.

I was reading reactions, and cheering for the people who responded appropriately, but I couldn't help but feel embarrassed for the guy who said he'd stop watching because "he changed nothing.  nothing happened."  Nothing?  Really?  Ned changed nothing?!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 10:48:54 PM »

God, I hate cliff-hanger season finales. Waiting a whole year is going to suck.

Yeah, I feel sorry for all my non-book friends Sad

For readers: 22 days until our "cliffhanger" is resolved!

And this episode was fittingly awesome for an awesome show.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 10:32:43 PM »

Watched it.  It was alright.  No YouTube videos of Cersei slapping Joffrey yet?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »

I have to say I was surprised that this ep ended when it did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies