Game of Thrones on HBO (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:33:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones on HBO (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones on HBO  (Read 3460 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: April 12, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »

Yep, I'm looking forward to it. The books are brilliant, Storm of Swords might actually have been the best books I've ever read. I like the complex characters and their grey morality.

The even better news than the TV-series though, Dance of Dragons is supousedly coming out sometime this summer.

Winter is coming Grin
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2011, 07:06:36 PM by Swedish Cheese »

I was just on IMDB and somebody had posted this in the discussion forum.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I lol'd. Oh if ye only knew.

EDIT: And I've enjoyed the series so far. Very true to the source material on most things. And I agree with ilikeverin, Arya is perfect.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 05:28:34 AM »

I love it! I've been a huge fan of the books and was worried that the show would disappoint--far from it! Those of you who haven't read the books have to share some of your predictions for the back half of the season. It'll be entertaining.
Other things I've wondered, though:
-Was the previous King's hand who was assassinated looking for the real heir to the throne by searching for the King's bastard children? Is that metal shop fellow the real crown prince? ha.
-Did the Lanisters kill the King's first wife (and Ed's sister)
-Is Snow not actually Ed's son? Perhaps its his brother's son, who wasn't supposed to have kids

Glad you like it. Smiley

No a bastard ca only inherit in Westeros if there are no other heirs so Robert's brothers Stannis (who haven't appeared on the show yet) and Renly would inherit before Robert's children out of wedlock.

Lyanna was just betrothed to Robert, never actually married, and the Lannisters had nothing to do with her. You'll probably find out more about her in the next couple of episodes.

As for Jon Snow, you might be on to something. Nothing has been reveild in the books (and if it had I wouldn't tell you) but there have been a few clues that point in a certain direction...   
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 01:10:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They haven't cast Margeary yet, so most likly not. Still I can't wait to see the Tyrells make their real entrence next season. That little bit of Loras was way to brief. And the Roses are my favourite House.

Growing Strong Grin
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »

Glad you liked the twist ending Lief. The fact that anyone can die is one of the reasons the books are so exciting. You actually feel nervous because your favourite character might actually end up dead. Of course I was furious in book three when my favourite character was killed and put the book down for like three hours, before I had forgiven Martin. But that kind of emotion is what's great about Asoiaf.

As for episode 9 I'm disappointed we didn't get to see anything from the battle of the Green Fork or the Battle of the Whispering Woods, I was counting on some good action. Oh well, we'll have the Battle of the Blackwater next season. Otherwise a great episode.

True. Though there were other characters who were not officially cast but appeared on screen anyway (Rickard Karstark, Maege Mormont, maybe some others I'm forgetting. Wouldn't be that hard to have Margaery hidden in a wedding veil for the episode and then have someone totally different actually play her next season. It's a stretch, though.

I'm guessing we won't see Riverrun until next season either unfortunatley, as Edmure neither has been cast. A pity. I guess they could go with a veil for Margeary, intresting theory, but I think it's unlikly. 
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 11:29:51 PM »

God, I hate cliff-hanger season finales. Waiting a whole year is going to suck.

Oh that's nothing, some book readers have been waiting for five years on the end to the cliffhangers in Feast for Crows (The fourth book)

I hear rumours it was a good episode, looking forward to seeing it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies