Mixed Reaction to New Latin Mass in English-speaking World (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:29:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Mixed Reaction to New Latin Mass in English-speaking World (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mixed Reaction to New Latin Mass in English-speaking World  (Read 1975 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: April 19, 2011, 06:35:56 PM »

What do you mean?  Did I not provide a link in the article title?  I put it there specifically to make it easy for everyone to find. 

No, a link to the text of the new Mass.  That said, I'll find it on my own.

Oh -then why didn't you just say so?

Here is a link that might help, at least for the time being until I can find better ones.

It should be noted that this (the op) isnt a Latin mass. It is still in the vernacular with different wording.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2011, 07:19:53 PM by patrick1 »

Found it while skimming though the Catholic Answers forum.  It's called Sancta Missa.  And another.  

Hope it's in the ballpark of what you're looking for.  

The first link is what you are looking for.  The haven't read over the second thoroughly, but by glancing at it I believe they are describing the Tridentine mass which is something entirely different.

The new translations are terrible and just clunky in my opinion.  I dont really go to Mass much anymore, but this could screw up my system of following the lead of the oldest lady in church for my cues.  

Edit: The first link isnt it either.  That is the Tridentine mass as well. The standard for the liturgy is the Roman missal and what is being implemented is a new translation from the official Latin to English.  I dont think it has been published yet.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »

Here is a basic overview of the changes that are likely to be implemented.
http://content.ocp.org/shared/pdf/general/Advent2010.pdf
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 11:30:53 PM »

Now that it has been more than a year since its (re-)introduction, how do the Catholics on this board feel about the new Latin Mass? 

The changes were incredibly minor. Basically, and also with you becomes and with your spirit
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies