Breaking News From the Pacific!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:26:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Breaking News From the Pacific!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaking News From the Pacific!  (Read 1683 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2004, 06:39:59 PM »
« edited: December 10, 2004, 01:21:59 AM by Governor Wildcard »

WCN BREAKING NEWS!

*Governor Wildcard walks out onto a stage and goes behind a podium as "Burning Heart" by Survivor plays*

My fellow Pacificans I bid you all a Good afternoon!

Today I have an announcement to make.

First though, I would like to take this moment to say how honored I am to have served as your Governor for these past months and how proud I am of the people of the Pacific. We've accomplished a lot together in these past many months.

Today I have come here to announce that I will seek a third term as your Governor!

If you re-elect me Governor I will continue to add on to our regions progressive history, I will continue to push forward quality re-districting plans, and most of all I will continue fighting for you the people of the Pacific!

Thank you all and good afternoon!

Also here is a list of ballot propositions that will be on the ballot all propositions with stars are supported by me.

Proposition 1: The Medical Marijuana Legalization Act *
This Act if passed will legalize Medical Marijuana within the Pacific Region.

Proposition 2: The Children's Hospital Act
Authorizes $1 billion over 15 years for grants to eligible children’s hospitials to construction, expansion, renovation, and equipment.

Proposition 3: Family Day*
Every first Monday in each atlas fiscal year will be Family Day. Where workers get to come home in and spend some time with the family.

Proposition 4: Regional Court
Pacific will establish a regional court consisting of 3 judges (in order of most to least powerful): the Chief Judge, the Appeals Judge, and the Civil Judge.

Proposition 5: The Pacific National Guard Expansion Act *
This bill establishes a fund that will supply our troops with adequate training, body armor, and top of the line equipment. Total cost will be $2.5 billion dollars over 10 years and will be mostly funded through bonds and grants from the Department of Defense.

Proposition 6: Candidate and Proposition Deadline Act
If passed this proposition will make it so all candidates must announce their candidacy at least 3 days before the first election day and all propositions must be be on the ballot by that same time.

Proposition 7: Science Tax Cut Act *
If passed for each $100,000 a company spends purely on research projects focused on space exploration research, stem cell research, finding newer and more efficient fuels etc. the company will receive $5,000 tax rebate.

Proposition 8: The Pacific University Iniative*
This proposition hereby allocates $2.1 billion over 25 years to establish the first public universities for Atlasian regions. The main campus shall be located in the largest state, California, and will be known as UPCalifornia, the first branch will be located in the second largest state, Washington, and will be know as UPWashington, the second and final branch's location will be decided by the Governor of the Pacific based on bids by citizens of each state.

Proposition 9:Term Limits Act*
No Governor or Lt. Governor may serve more than 4 consecutive terms in one office.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 06:43:31 PM »

Good luck
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 06:48:08 PM »

You have the President's endorsement.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 06:51:13 PM »

I'm glad to hear that you are continuing to carry out PD's final orders to you:

Yeah, yeah I know. But you won't take the Governorship from me. Not even over my dead body. To WildCard: If one of them kills me or I for some reason die, you must abandon your quest for the Senate and take my place as Governor. Smiley

The Fans of PD Caucus is delighted by your continuing loyalty to your God. All must worship PD.

That is all.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 06:52:13 PM »

Good luck to you, Governor.

Given that you have no opposition that I know of, I don't think you should have too much trouble. Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 06:55:26 PM »

And I was worried that 4 Initiatives on the same balllot might prove too confusing.  Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 06:56:09 PM »

make it so marijuana is legal, period.

otherwise, anybody but jestercard!!!!!!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 07:31:06 PM »

I through my full support behind Wildcard for another term, I also support Propositions #1-3, #5, #6 version 2, and #7-9.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 07:41:07 PM »

The Civil Unions and Medical Marjuana initiatives may overstep the bounds of state power.  The Feds have already made it fairly clear what our nation's policy here is.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 09:55:59 PM »

The Civil Unions and Medical Marjuana initiatives may overstep the bounds of state power.  The Feds have already made it fairly clear what our nation's policy here is.

The Marijuana Legalisation Bill (its only a bill right now) would mean there were no international or interregional trade barriers to pot. It is up to individual regions to what degree they allow the trade of it within their own borders.

The Marriage Equity Act is authorised under the Powers of the Senate and Regions Amendment, Section 1, Clause 5: "To establish uniform rules of ... Marriage ... throughout Atlasia". A regional attempt to alter this definition would violate the Supremacy of the Constitution and Federal Law Amendment.

Amazingly there would also be a person with standing to sue on this basis as Hughento is an OR resident and married to Fritz - you would essentially be voiding that marriage contract if you altered the definition.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 10:32:08 PM »

The Marriage Equity Act is authorised under the Powers of the Senate and Regions Amendment, Section 1, Clause 5: "To establish uniform rules of ... Marriage ... throughout Atlasia". A regional attempt to alter this definition would violate the Supremacy of the Constitution and Federal Law Amendment.

Amazingly there would also be a person with standing to sue on this basis as Hughento is an OR resident and married to Fritz - you would essentially be voiding that marriage contract if you altered the definition.

Allow me to clearify this, prop 6 was placed on this ballot when former Supreme Court Justice King said that the Governors of the region's where Fritz and Hugh lived would decide whether they were married or in a civil union etc.. I decided to have the people of the region decide the issue via a propositiion.

Now that I have looked closer at the Senate and Region Act this is no longer an issue and it will be removed...
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 07:36:48 PM »

I'd just like to take a moment to thank those who've wished me good luck and those who have endorsed me.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 12:20:41 AM »

I endorse you for re-election.

Sorry to those who wanted me to run Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 06:57:40 AM »

The UFWHI and ICMP have issued some voting advice to their members, on count of the many, confusing propositions...

Gov: Wildcard. He may be an Evil Atlas Centrist, but he's a good bloke and a fine governor.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
You want your kids to find a job on the Maui marijuana plantations, you vote for this proposition.
Of course, we'd like it even more without the "Medical", and with proper government supervision and taxation of the marijuana business.

Aye. Although we'd prefer the government to build the things themselves.

No. We'll support it if the words "first Mon" be struck, though.

IN HAIL NO.

See above.

Vote 1-3-2. It's a lucky number. Smiley

No. No company ever undertakes pure research. They're liable to label anything pure research if they get tax breaks for that, though.

Vote Yes for a State Sponsored Education for your Kids!
(UFWHI:) And Lobby the Gov to put it at Hilo!
(ICMP:) And Lobby the Gov to put it at Butte MT!

Nope. Wildcard Forever.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 05:58:42 PM »

Nope. Wildcard Forever.

Are you sure Wildcard wants Wildcard forever? He introduced the term limits act and even has a * of support next to it Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2004, 08:59:39 AM »

Who cares about what Wildcard wants, though? Smiley
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2004, 04:00:49 PM »

Nope. Wildcard Forever.

Are you sure Wildcard wants Wildcard forever? He introduced the term limits act and even has a * of support next to it Tongue

King, you know that Lewis is a fan of monarchys he appointed his cat King of HI! Cheesy

Thank you for your support(?) Lewis. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2004, 04:35:58 PM »

King, you know that Lewis is a fan of monarchys he appointed his cat King of HI! Cheesy

Hey, King Kamehameha IV has been the best darn monarch Hawaii has ever had. Wink
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 01:25:24 AM »

Proposition 6: Candidate and Proposition Deadline Act
If passed this proposition will make it so all candidates must announce their candidacy at least 3 days before the first election day and all propositions must be be on the ballot by that same time.

Okay as I said the Marriage Act has been replaced due to the fact that the Senate has clearly laid down the law in this department. Instead I am putting forth this proposition to replace the old one.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 03:57:32 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2004, 03:59:36 PM by Santa Claus King »

Proposition 8: The Pacific University Iniative*
This proposition hereby allocates $2.1 billion over 25 years to establish the first public universities for Atlasian regions. The main campus shall be located in the largest state, California, and will be known as UPCalifornia, the first branch will be located in the second largest state, Washington, and will be know as UPWashington, the second and final branch's location will be decided by the Governor of the Pacific based on bids by citizens of each state.

Since Proposition 8 has passed, I wish to bid $15 million of my own money for the ownership rights of the 3rd branch of the University of the Pacific to be located in San Jose, CA.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies