It is mathematically impossible to balance the budget on the backs of the rich. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:24:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  It is mathematically impossible to balance the budget on the backs of the rich. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It is mathematically impossible to balance the budget on the backs of the rich.  (Read 2160 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: April 18, 2011, 12:38:33 PM »

Nonsense article. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 12:43:19 PM »

I can't say that that's the most eloquent rebuttal I've seen recently. You have to work on your routine, man.

I wasn't tying to rebut it, just noting that was nonsense.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:20:08 PM »

It's mathematically impossible to balance the budget without increasing revenue, which means tax increases for the top income bracket. Spending cuts alone aren't enough. Before invoking math, you need to know how it works.

Of course it's possible, and with substantial tax cuts, too.

THE WORMYGUY BUDGET PLAN:

1. Cut all spending 100%
2. Cut all taxes 100%
3. Sell all government assets.

Voila, largest surplus in history.

It is also quite easy to increase government spending and taxation if one fantasizes absolute power.  I would prefer that the federal government be a much higher percentage of the economy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 03:09:39 PM »

By the way the original thread title is hilarious - on 'the backs of the rich'!  Surely we all agree that the rich receive their incomes not from 'their backs' or 'their own efforts', but from powers they are vouchsafed by the State over the poor.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:37:41 AM »

Look, America doesn't have a tax problem, it has a spending problem. 

No, you have that backwards, you imbecile.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »

Look, America doesn't have a tax problem, it has a spending problem. 

No, you have that backwards, you imbecile.

Awesome, you make friends every time you post don't you?  Nice constructive arguments you have there.  A one liner with no explanation as to why you disagree.  Try adding a little more substance when disagreeing with me next time.  At least then you'll garner some of my respect.

Sorry about that, I was just testing the censors - I had thought for perhaps two years now that we couldn't use such terms as imbecile, but then in the Economics thread I found that we were free to call each other 'simpletons'.  Well, you can imagine my excitement, so I came here and called you an imbecile. 

Perhaps I should recant, but surely you'll admit that the wealthy pay absurdly low taxes in america?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies