It is mathematically impossible to balance the budget on the backs of the rich. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:30:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  It is mathematically impossible to balance the budget on the backs of the rich. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It is mathematically impossible to balance the budget on the backs of the rich.  (Read 2150 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 20, 2011, 09:50:12 AM »

Look, America doesn't have a tax problem, it has a spending problem. 

No, you have that backwards, you imbecile.

Awesome, you make friends every time you post don't you?  Nice constructive arguments you have there.  A one liner with no explanation as to why you disagree.  Try adding a little more substance when disagreeing with me next time.  At least then you'll garner some of my respect.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 10:06:13 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2014, 10:46:43 AM by Cincinnatus »

Look, America doesn't have a tax problem, it has a spending problem.  

No, you have that backwards, you imbecile.

Awesome, you make friends every time you post don't you?  Nice constructive arguments you have there.  A one liner with no explanation as to why you disagree.  Try adding a little more substance when disagreeing with me next time.  At least then you'll garner some of my respect.

Sorry about that, I was just testing the censors - I had thought for perhaps two years now that we couldn't use such terms as imbecile, but then in the Economics thread I found that we were free to call each other 'simpletons'.  Well, you can imagine my excitement, so I came here and called you an imbecile.  

Perhaps I should recant, but surely you'll admit that the wealthy pay absurdly low taxes in america?

Wealthy individuals who can hire accountants and former IRS agents to avoid taxes and exploit a loop hole.  I honestly don't think it's a tax level problem, rather a tax code problem.  Books upon books of tax code make it a confusing and flawed system.  I don't want to tax success, but at the same time, wealthy individuals need to pay their share and quit ducking out of their responsibilities.  I live in upstate NY, and it's quite obvious to see how taxes can absolutely destroy business.  There has to be a medium between, paying nothing, and funding everything.  If I were wealthy I would probably seek to avoid what taxes I could as well (Just like any individual would).  So, I think the current tax system is a major obstacle someone needs to address.    
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies