It is mathematically impossible to balance the budget on the backs of the rich. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:49:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  It is mathematically impossible to balance the budget on the backs of the rich. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It is mathematically impossible to balance the budget on the backs of the rich.  (Read 2136 times)
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« on: April 18, 2011, 03:03:56 PM »

Well we do have to raise revenue, unless you're fine with this country being turning into some kind of neo-feudal/Latin American nightmare. I'm sure the rich will be treated very gently no matter what happens, so don't lose any sleep worrying about one of the most privileged classes of human beings in recorded history.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »

Well we do have to raise revenue, unless you're fine with this country being turning into some kind of neo-feudal/Latin American nightmare.

Well actually, that's a pretty good description of what the Democratic Party intends to turn this country into (or that they already have, to take a more cynical tack), a "neo-feudal Latin American nightmare."  I'll have to remember that one!

If you mean that they intend to do that via neo-liberal capitalism or whatever one might call the corporatist deal we have at the moment, then I would say we are on that track right now and that Republicans have been leading the charge since the Regan era. The Democrats have been complicit and they in many ways have abandoned a basic commitment to defending the poor and working class.

It's no surprise to me that young idealists in this political climate revere both Ron Paul and Kucinich, despite the disparity in their views. The tepid liberal left is a complete tragedy and the sole reason so many have moved to support right wing populist ideas; which sadly play into the same scheme of making the rich vastly richer, while endangering the interests of the greater mass of the population.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies