Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 02:05:43 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  SENATE BILL: Guinea Pigs & Co. Protection Act (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Guinea Pigs & Co. Protection Act (Law'd)  (Read 1748 times)
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2011, 06:06:46 pm »
Ignore

Guinea Pigs & Co. Protection Act

Considering that neutering of such spices like guinea pigs, hamsters or chinchilla, is much more complicated, health and life threatening procedure than neutering or larger animals, like dogs or cats:
1. Only a veterinarian with a certificate of knowledge and skills sufficient to perform such procedure, shall be allowed to
2. Certificates shall be issued by a revelant institutions of federal and regional governments with a strict regard to a veterinarian qualifications

Debate: Kalwejt
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:22:27 pm by Senator North Carolina Yankee »Logged

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 06:42:16 pm »
Ignore

Fellow Senators,

The idea of this bill is very simple. Neutering of such species is rather dangerous process, only an experienced vet should perform. All we have to do is to require federal or regional responsible bodies to issue certificates, based upon veterinarian qualities. Such simple and noncontroversial thing, that can save lives and health of thousands of little piggies, hamsters etc. etc.

Oh, Duke, you said you hate cats. Guinea pigs hates cats too for rather obvious reasons Wink
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 07:15:58 pm »
Ignore

This brings me back to the good days of 1st grade playing with our class pet, a guinea pig. His name was Hairbrush.

*Sigh*

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 08:11:16 pm »
Ignore

As the owner of a wonderful guinea pig, I strongly support this bill.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:06 pm »
Ignore

May I offer an amendment to change "spices" to "species"? Grin

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 06:25:43 pm »
Ignore

Sponsor?

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 07:14:48 pm »
Ignore

what are the 'relevant institutions'?  since this is a federal bill, it would need to be a federal institution, otherwise it is a regional issue.

Rowan
RowanBrandon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 07:38:37 pm »
Ignore

So we have doctors doing this procedure that don't know what they're doing? I'm confused.
--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 11:13:19 pm »
Ignore

Sponsor?

Accepted.
--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 11:15:29 pm »
Ignore

what are the 'relevant institutions'?  since this is a federal bill, it would need to be a federal institution, otherwise it is a regional issue.

Well, in the U.S. Department of Agriculture have veterinary service and I think it's safe to assume in Atlasia, Department of Internal Affairs have this as well.

I can amend it that way.
Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 04:09:43 am »
Ignore

Obviously supported.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 04:25:25 am »
Ignore

Since shua had a valid point here, I'd like to introduce following amendment:

2. Certificates shall be issued by Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service division of the Department of Internal Affairs, with a strict regard to a veterinarian qualifications
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 01:25:10 am »
Ignore

2. Certificates shall be issued by Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service division of the Department of Internal Affairs, with a strict regard to a veterinarian qualifications

very good - I didn't realize there was such a thing.

what about rabbits? or hedgehogs? or very tiny dogs?

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 07:33:44 pm »
Ignore

Senators have 24 hours to object to the adoption of the previous amendment (#17).

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 04:25:15 pm »
Ignore

Rowan, in response to your question, we all know not every surgeon can perform certain kind of operation, but veterinarian world lacks such common sense regulations.

Shua, that's interesting but, despite size, small dog neuterins is not as complicated as guinea pig or hampster. See, diffrent testicals, lol.
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 07:22:43 pm »
Ignore

I figure I'd chime in on this one considering the sponsor so nicely called me out. Wink

First, I've never owned a guinea pig, but if they are anything close to as pleasant as my pet hampster, Tiger, then I'd gladly support this.

My only question is, like Rowan asked, do we really have doctors performing procedures they don't know how to perform? Or is this just merely to make it official? I don't pretend to know anything about the neutering of guinea pigs, so unlike the cat bill, I'm willing to be educated. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 11:30:54 pm »
Ignore

This has passed.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 11:31:43 pm »
Ignore

Senators have 24 hours to object to this amendment.

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 05:20:10 am »
Ignore

I figure I'd chime in on this one considering the sponsor so nicely called me out. Wink

First, I've never owned a guinea pig, but if they are anything close to as pleasant as my pet hampster, Tiger, then I'd gladly support this.

My only question is, like Rowan asked, do we really have doctors performing procedures they don't know how to perform? Or is this just merely to make it official? I don't pretend to know anything about the neutering of guinea pigs, so unlike the cat bill, I'm willing to be educated. Tongue

Sorry for easter delay. I'll responde soon.
--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 08:20:46 am »
Ignore

Well, Duke, the issue of neutering guinea pigs and hampsters is very similar physically.

I gave up an attempt to neuter my piggy, because it's difficult to find a doctor, that would perform a safe operation. Well, it's not like they are not taught this stuff during studies, but surprisingly few can be trusted enough. Most of them doesn't have experience to do this, and some would even refuse, knowing their shortcomings.

Normally, people are avoiding giving their pigs and hampsters to unproved doctor, but this simple bill is going to make our pets 100% safe.
oakvale
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 11:02:10 am »
Ignore

It's hard to see how anyone can be opposed to this, although I second what Duke said in that I wasn't aware it was a major problem. But hey, can't hurt. Tongue

Senior Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in Atlasia.

GRIMES FOR KENTUCKY SENATOR
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 11:41:21 am »
Ignore

Well, Duke, the issue of neutering guinea pigs and hampsters is very similar physically.

I gave up an attempt to neuter my piggy, because it's difficult to find a doctor, that would perform a safe operation. Well, it's not like they are not taught this stuff during studies, but surprisingly few can be trusted enough. Most of them doesn't have experience to do this, and some would even refuse, knowing their shortcomings.

Normally, people are avoiding giving their pigs and hampsters to unproved doctor, but this simple bill is going to make our pets 100% safe.

I don't see how this bill would make one more able to find a qualified vet to do it. It would still be just as hard or harder to find a vet who could do it if you added a specific license requirement, yes?

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 11:44:05 am »
Ignore

I don't see how this bill would make one more able to find a qualified vet to do it.

True, but it would prevent animals from getting into hands of unqualified ones.

Believe me, one of my friends lost it's hampster this way Sad
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 12:18:03 pm »
Ignore

I never had any of my hamsters fixed. I wasn't aware that was a widespread operation, but I'm all for protecting the little rodents.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 12:57:29 pm »
Ignore

Shua, that's interesting but, despite size, small dog neuterins is not as complicated as guinea pig or hampster. See, diffrent testicals, lol.

okay but what about rabbits? weasels?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout