SENATE BILL: Guinea Pigs & Co. Protection Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:26:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Guinea Pigs & Co. Protection Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Guinea Pigs & Co. Protection Act (Law'd)  (Read 3410 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: April 18, 2011, 06:42:16 PM »

Fellow Senators,

The idea of this bill is very simple. Neutering of such species is rather dangerous process, only an experienced vet should perform. All we have to do is to require federal or regional responsible bodies to issue certificates, based upon veterinarian qualities. Such simple and noncontroversial thing, that can save lives and health of thousands of little piggies, hamsters etc. etc.

Oh, Duke, you said you hate cats. Guinea pigs hates cats too for rather obvious reasons Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:13:19 PM »

Accepted.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:15:29 PM »

what are the 'relevant institutions'?  since this is a federal bill, it would need to be a federal institution, otherwise it is a regional issue.

Well, in the U.S. Department of Agriculture have veterinary service and I think it's safe to assume in Atlasia, Department of Internal Affairs have this as well.

I can amend it that way.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 04:25:25 AM »

Since shua had a valid point here, I'd like to introduce following amendment:

2. Certificates shall be issued by Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service division of the Department of Internal Affairs, with a strict regard to a veterinarian qualifications
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »

Rowan, in response to your question, we all know not every surgeon can perform certain kind of operation, but veterinarian world lacks such common sense regulations.

Shua, that's interesting but, despite size, small dog neuterins is not as complicated as guinea pig or hampster. See, diffrent testicals, lol.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 05:20:10 AM »

I figure I'd chime in on this one considering the sponsor so nicely called me out. Wink

First, I've never owned a guinea pig, but if they are anything close to as pleasant as my pet hampster, Tiger, then I'd gladly support this.

My only question is, like Rowan asked, do we really have doctors performing procedures they don't know how to perform? Or is this just merely to make it official? I don't pretend to know anything about the neutering of guinea pigs, so unlike the cat bill, I'm willing to be educated. Tongue

Sorry for easter delay. I'll responde soon.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 08:20:46 AM »

Well, Duke, the issue of neutering guinea pigs and hampsters is very similar physically.

I gave up an attempt to neuter my piggy, because it's difficult to find a doctor, that would perform a safe operation. Well, it's not like they are not taught this stuff during studies, but surprisingly few can be trusted enough. Most of them doesn't have experience to do this, and some would even refuse, knowing their shortcomings.

Normally, people are avoiding giving their pigs and hampsters to unproved doctor, but this simple bill is going to make our pets 100% safe.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »

I don't see how this bill would make one more able to find a qualified vet to do it.

True, but it would prevent animals from getting into hands of unqualified ones.

Believe me, one of my friends lost it's hampster this way Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 05:44:09 AM »

You all got a point.

Hence, to resolve this once and for all, I propose following amendment:

Guinea Pigs & Co. Protection Act

Considering that neutering of domesticated little rodent speices, is much more complicated, health and life threatening procedure than neutering or larger animals, like dogs or cats:
1. Only a veterinarian with a certificate of knowledge and skills sufficient to perform such procedure, shall be allowed to
2. Certificates shall be issued by Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service division of the Department of Internal Affairs, with a strict regard to a veterinarian qualifications

Lord Speaker, the floor is all yours again!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 06:09:49 PM »

I guess rabbits are excluded here since they are not rodents.

I'm not that familiar with English terminology Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 01:45:08 AM »

Would you kindly consider me writting "speices" instead of correct "species" a mere mispelling, Mr. President?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 09:51:46 AM »

I propose this amendment:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

All right, I'm adding this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »

I guess rabbits are excluded here since they are not rodents.

I'm not that familiar with English terminology Sad

rabbits are lagomorphs. (ferrets are mustelids.)

Would someone be kind enough to put it all in one piece, so we won't piss off Yankee with multiple new amendments? :/
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 03:46:40 PM »

All right, I'll change it to just domesticated, since such animals, that people are keeping as pets, are rather small anyway Tongue

All right, with the President and Senator shua suggestions, this is my final draft:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I propose this and, because we're keeping this slot busy with one bill for too long, this is my final draft.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 06:46:14 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies