Northeast Gubernatorial Recall Election Thread (Announce candidacies here)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 05:34:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Gubernatorial Recall Election Thread (Announce candidacies here)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Northeast Gubernatorial Recall Election Thread (Announce candidacies here)  (Read 5187 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2011, 02:19:45 AM »
« edited: April 23, 2011, 02:27:58 AM by cinyc »

I think as long as you carry out your responsibilities according to the law as you interpret it...

I'm going to run elections and do my job based on the assumption that Governor Ghost_white is still in office because the Recall Amendment was never properly passed, making the recall invalid.  

If someone wants to sue over this, because of the inherent conflict, I will likely refer the case to a member of the Atlasian Supreme Court or the CJO of another region for an impartial disposition.  But I think I've made it pretty clear why I believe the Recall Amendment to have never been properly passed and I really don't really see any valid arguments to the contrary.

I suppose the conflict could be waived and I might be able to hear the case if the Lt. Governor agreed to name me CJO if the recall were deemed valid.  My initial reading of the law can be wrong, and I'm willing to entertain arguments claiming the amendment was validly passed.  In fact, I welcome this solution, as it would give clarity to the Constitution and end this potential constitutional crisis.

Lawsuits on anything else, including recent election happenings, are fair game for which I need not recuse myself.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2011, 08:33:14 AM »

The SRC really must begin its work straight away, since now we cannot be convinced that certain laws passed at any point in the Northeast followed the proper legal route. With this revelation, I don't know if we can trust anything posted in the Wiki as a legitimate law.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2011, 12:44:38 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2011, 12:48:29 PM by cinyc »

The SRC really must begin its work straight away, since now we cannot be convinced that certain laws passed at any point in the Northeast followed the proper legal route. With this revelation, I don't know if we can trust anything posted in the Wiki as a legitimate law.

I last updated the Wiki.  Everything in the Wiki was likely properly passed unless otherwise noted.  If anyone thinks a law wasn't, lawsuits are welcome.  I am also convinced that it is up to date through the last date it was updated.  I spent a lot of time going through old threads to consolidate pre-Assembly laws.

I noted that the Recall Amendment might not have been properly passed, which is why I never actually added it to our Constitution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies