Northeast Gubernatorial Recall Election Thread (Announce candidacies here)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:19:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Gubernatorial Recall Election Thread (Announce candidacies here)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Northeast Gubernatorial Recall Election Thread (Announce candidacies here)  (Read 5013 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 03:14:47 PM »

Yes, it is constamatutiounal. Its just very berry illegal to have anyone OTHER than the regions Chief Executives opening a booth. Again, I suggest that the Assembly decide on a candidate for Lt. Governor, ASAP, and present it to the Governor. OR, the Governor could just find someone to be CJO.

Governor Ghost_white appointed me as the region's Lt. Governor, but I think we should just recommend a CJO for now.

Was it via an Assembly recomendation?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »

Yes, it is constamatutiounal. Its just very berry illegal to have anyone OTHER than the regions Chief Executives opening a booth. Again, I suggest that the Assembly decide on a candidate for Lt. Governor, ASAP, and present it to the Governor. OR, the Governor could just find someone to be CJO.

Governor Ghost_white appointed me as the region's Lt. Governor, but I think we should just recommend a CJO for now.

We recommended someone awhile back but he doesn't have to do what we say.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 03:17:36 PM »

Nope. There's a lot of crazy stuff going on. I'll resign as Lt. Governor because my position is unconstitutional, but I'll talk the Governor into appointing a CJO.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »

Illegally opening up a voting booth.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »

If he opened up a booth for a federal election then he could be charged per the Second Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act, but to my knowledge it is not a crime to illegally open a booth for a regional election.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »

By mistake, which I reconciled by closing it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »

The assembly should sue Ghostwhite for illegally appointing a public officer.

Really we need to just figure things out. We are all new and the only veterans here are new to the region. No one else is really helping.

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »

Yeah, at this point I'm just going to go ahead and step back from all of this, as I can really see some major legal issues showing its head, and I dont want to be apart of this.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2011, 04:02:52 PM »

We're in a really bad predicament.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2011, 05:50:53 PM »

We were in just as bad of one, probably worse, before the recall movement. If not for homelycooking, any effort to clean this region up would have died when Polnut left. Credit goes to whom credit is due. Smiley
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2011, 05:51:48 PM »

We were in just as bad of one, probably worse, before the recall movement. If not for homelycooking, any effort to clean this region up would have died when Polnut left. Credit goes to whom credit is due. Smiley

True. And look on the bright side, before the end of April (hopefully) we might have a new Governor! Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2011, 05:58:03 PM »

Ghostwhite can beat the recall and still be impeached. Neither is necessary if he just gets active. Its not even about ideology or personality but activity. Its become more and more apparent over time that we have a plethora of problems to fix. We need an executive to do that.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »

Ghostwhite can beat the recall and still be impeached. Neither is necessary if he just gets active. Its not even about ideology or personality but activity. Its become more and more apparent over time that we have a plethora of problems to fix. We need an executive to do that.

Well said, Mr. Speaker Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »

True. And look on the bright side, before the end of April (hopefully) we might have a new Governor! Cheesy

I just want to take this opportunity to say how proud I am of many Northeastern people who are standing up and making their government truly representative.

I would have loved to have been there with you, but alas the law doesn't allow that, but I've been doing what I can. The real drive comes from you to clean up the region and bring back active Government, you can do it!
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »

I just want to take this opportunity to say how proud I am of many Northeastern people who are standing up and making their government truly representative.

I would have loved to have been there with you, but alas the law doesn't allow that, but I've been doing what I can. The real drive comes from you to clean up the region and bring back active Government, you can do it!

This coming from the guy who should be Governor, in hindsight :/
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »

I just want to say, although I am not a part of the Northeast that I am damn proud to be a part of the same party as JakeMatthews.  You've only been here a few months and you've shown more interest and more dedication than some people who've been here years (including myself, sadly).  I hope you win kid.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2011, 09:38:59 PM »

I just want to say, although I am not a part of the Northeast that I am damn proud to be a part of the same party as JakeMatthews.  You've only been here a few months and you've shown more interest and more dedication than some people who've been here years (including myself, sadly).  I hope you win kid.

This is a huge honor coming from you, Mech Smiley

I am humbled Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2011, 10:08:45 PM »

This is a huge honor coming from you, Mech Smiley

I am humbled Smiley

You've certainly shown that ability to match that enthusiasm I saw when you first emerged, if you pull this off, you've earned it.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2011, 10:13:18 PM »

I'm flattered, everyone Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2011, 10:44:02 PM »

I remain completely unsurprised that there are people out there voting to keep this completely inactive Governor in place.

This will not be an easy effort when there are so many people out there who are more interested in maintaining a power base over bringing effective governance to the Northeast again.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2011, 11:16:36 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2011, 11:46:09 PM by Fanculo il Papa nazista! »

I remain completely unsurprised that there are people out there voting to keep this completely inactive Governor in place.

This will not be an easy effort when there are so many people out there who are more interested in maintaining a power base over bringing effective governance to the Northeast again.

Mark my words if this recall is successful I will back Jake Matthews 200% if the Populares decide to hold endorsement votes.  Even if it results in me going against party leadership I will do it.  It is about time my fellow Populares in the Northeast realize that sometimes there are more important things than maintaining a political dominance over a region, like the governance of it's people for starters.
And if this recall is unsuccessful I will endorse any candidate whose name isn't Ghost White, whether they be Populares, JCP, RPP, or even UDL if they show a willingness to lead the people in public service.
The name "Populares", "the favoring of the people".......has this party gone so far off the deep end to stop representing need of the people to be under responsible government?  My friends, my brothers have we really gotten this far?  Are we now really this far removed from the people that we would support a leader who has, upon election, refused his duty of service to the people out of the sake of loyalty to a Good Ole Boy network!?
I say THIS CAN NOT GO ON.  Leaders should not be chosen merely out of duty of loyalty to partisan labels, leaders should be chosen based on your own personal beliefs but more importantly......they should be chosen on the content of their character.
Rant over.

For the record I respect Ghost White as a person outside of Atlasia, so don't think this has anything to do with my personal feelings of Ghost White.  I have always considered him one of the best posters on this website, even when things were bad between us.

Time to sign this Political Death Warrant:
Mechaman
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2011, 07:29:03 AM »

That was perhaps the most inspiring I've ever read, Mech. Well, except Everybody Poops but you get the idea.

No, in all actuality. I'm really trapped right now because I'm thinking about registering as an Independent because I'm so sick of all the parties. The fact, like Mechaman said, that some people would rather have the party's preferred candidate whom is lazy and has rejected his duties is pathetic. I've said it before and I'll say it again, our region is a mess because of our inactive Governor. People can get mad at me, the Populares can get mad at me. The fact is, whether the Governor is of my party or not, my region and it's wellbeing stands before my politics. But I digress.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:05 AM »

Yeah, at this point I'm just going to go ahead and step back from all of this, as I can really see some major legal issues showing its head, and I dont want to be apart of this.

This is a tangled legal hell but it's only so because there's been literally no action taken on behalf of the governor to do anything about it. We're trapped in a situation without a CJO, we're swamped with issues regarding the Lt Governorship in general.. It would literally take a few posts from the Governor and a few minutes of the assembly's attention to such posts and 90% of our problems vanish. But this region literally can't even do that.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »

No, in all actuality. I'm really trapped right now because I'm thinking about registering as an Independent because I'm so sick of all the parties.

You certainly wouldn't be alone Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2011, 11:26:09 AM »

This is a tangled legal hell but it's only so because there's been literally no action taken on behalf of the governor to do anything about it. We're trapped in a situation without a CJO, we're swamped with issues regarding the Lt Governorship in general.. It would literally take a few posts from the Governor and a few minutes of the assembly's attention to such posts and 90% of our problems vanish. But this region literally can't even do that.

This is quite obvious.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies