Gov. Jan Brewer (R) veteos bill that requires POTUS candidates to prove US birth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:37:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Gov. Jan Brewer (R) veteos bill that requires POTUS candidates to prove US birth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Gov. Jan Brewer (R) veteos bill that requires POTUS candidates to prove US birth  (Read 2542 times)
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »

Saw the headline on CNN and I wanted to know your thoughts.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »

She is trying to show that she is just somewhat bats*** crazy instead of completely bats*** crazy
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:55:42 PM »

Good move by a pretty good governor.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:58:39 PM »

assume she realized it wasnt going to stand up in court so why bother with the expense and trouble.

That and maybe it was a signal to her legislature that maybe enough with the uber swing to the right as they come up to a general election.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:00:19 PM »

assume she realized it wasnt going to stand up in court so why bother with the expense and trouble.

That and maybe it was a signal to her legislature that maybe enough with the uber swing to the right as they come up to a general election.

She's not the most conservative Republican governor out there.  She is actually, as far as i can tell, closer to the center.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:05 PM »

She's not the most conservative Republican governor out there.  She is actually, as far as i can tell, closer to the center.

Say what??
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 10:19:32 PM »

Well Done Gov. Brewer!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 11:03:40 PM »

Wow. An unexpected stroke of sanity.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 11:05:09 PM »

Say what??

I know it's a far-fetched idea, but then again, when have my political ideas been that easy to grasp?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 11:17:37 PM »

This.  Obviously, I think she's an awful governor, but in this case (along with her veto of the guns on campus bill), I'm pleasantly surprised Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »

This.  Obviously, I think she's an awful governor, but in this case (along with her veto of the guns on campus bill), I'm pleasantly surprised Smiley

She's not a bad governor.  Jamespol seems to like her (whatever that means).  According to our friend, she is one of the few Republican governors who would actually consider raising taxes if it was necessary.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 11:44:14 PM »

She's not a bad governor.  Jamespol seems to like her (whatever that means).  According to our friend, she is one of the few Republican governors who would actually consider raising taxes if it was necessary.

Yes she is - three random acts of common-sense does not a good governor make.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 11:47:10 PM »

That's three more than a lot of other governors (of either party) have made.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 11:50:04 PM »

And that says something - a Governor who is genuinely awful, does three decent things and that catapults her to the top of the table?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 11:57:12 PM »

This.  Obviously, I think she's an awful governor, but in this case (along with her veto of the guns on campus bill), I'm pleasantly surprised Smiley

She's not a bad governor.  Jamespol seems to like her (whatever that means).  According to our friend, she is one of the few Republican governors who would actually consider raising taxes if it was necessary.

And that says something - a Governor who is genuinely awful, does three decent things and that catapults her to the top of the table?

You're right about that being a tell tale sign.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 02:30:53 AM »

She is a horrible Governor that has decided to be partially insane instead of off the wall nuts.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 02:59:24 AM »

I'm no fan of her but I find myself giving her more credit than I would for someone I usually like just because she set the bar so low for herself in my book. LOL
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 05:46:53 AM »

I'm no fan of her but I find myself giving her more credit than I would for someone I usually like just because she set the bar so low for herself in my book. LOL

That's what I think
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 06:02:19 AM »

An idiot who does something reasonable every once in a while is still an idiot.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 12:21:10 PM »

Bad move by a good governor. I thought she would sign this to solidify her immigration reform credibility.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 12:22:55 PM »

She is a horrible Governor that has decided to be partially insane instead of off the wall nuts.

Is it because of the R next to her name that she's a horrible governor?
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 12:25:48 PM »

Bad move.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »

I apologize for my lack of common sense here but, isn't it already law that Presidents must be natural born citizens?  So what's the problem with a requirement to prove you're a POTUS candidate abiding by the law?  I will tell you straight up, I don't buy into this birther bullsh**t, and believe the President was born in Hawaii.  However, since when is it against some higher moral code when voting for a bill that enforces law?  If I missed something in this bill I should have read let me know so I can recuse my statement and reform my opinion.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 12:51:37 PM »

I apologize for my lack of common sense here but, isn't it already law that Presidents must be natural born citizens?  So what's the problem with a requirement to prove you're a POTUS candidate abiding by the law?  I will tell you straight up, I don't buy into this birther bullsh**t, and believe the President was born in Hawaii.  However, since when is it against some higher moral code when voting for a bill that enforces law?  If I missed something in this bill I should have read let me know so I can recuse my statement and reform my opinion.

It's not really about the birth certificate. Aside from the lunatic fringe who really believes in the conspiracy theory (and as I've said before, you could invent a time machine, go back in time and record Obama's birth, and it would still not be enough for them), it's a way to cast doubt on the legitimacy of Obama's Presidency; saying he wasn't born here is just a way of saying that he's The Other, he's not one of "us".
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 02:34:15 PM »

Is it because of the R next to her name that she's a horrible governor?

Has more to do with the crap she pulled last year including the show us your papers if you are brown law.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies