Gov. Jan Brewer (R) veteos bill that requires POTUS candidates to prove US birth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:57:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Gov. Jan Brewer (R) veteos bill that requires POTUS candidates to prove US birth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gov. Jan Brewer (R) veteos bill that requires POTUS candidates to prove US birth  (Read 2553 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 07:18:56 PM »

She also recently signed a law restoring the medicaid coverage to the organ transplant program. So thats four. Tongue
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 01:58:15 AM »

She also recently signed a law restoring the medicaid coverage to the organ transplant program. So thats four. Tongue

Well that one really only counts as a 1/2 if at all.  She wouldn't have had the need to restore it if she didn't make the cuts in the first place,
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »

Well that one really only counts as a 1/2 if at all.  She wouldn't have had the need to restore it if she didn't make the cuts in the first place,
Also, presumably that bill passed even AZ's crazy legislature.  Azn

Good thing I checked this board today, as I don't do all that often. The first half of this story is over in US general...
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 07:57:44 PM »

Let this be repeated - a Presidential candidate cannot run, unless they have provided their birth certificate to the FEC... I don't think the GOP realise JUST how much damage they're doing long-term to their party by carrying on with this nonsense.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 12:22:02 AM »

I wonder what is Brewer's rationale for this.

It could be that she supports it in principle, but she thinks that, as governor of Arizona, she has no authority over bills pertaining to the President.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2011, 12:47:44 AM »

I wonder what is Brewer's rationale for this.

It could be that she supports it in principle, but she thinks that, as governor of Arizona, she has no authority over bills pertaining to the President.

Perhaps she realized that requiring for documents that some  states do not even provide is absolutely bats*** crazy??  Or perhaps as she pointed out asking for baptismal or circumcision certificates was a bit much??

Or it could be she is absolutely bats*** nuts and supported that craziness but didn't want her state turned into an even larger laughing stock than it already is and for it to get drop kicked out of court.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 12:54:37 AM »

Its damn funny because I remember only a few years ago a lot of Republicans wanted to change this Constitutional provision so Arnold Schwarzenegger could make a run for President. It probably is an outdated provision.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 01:16:29 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2011, 01:18:10 AM by ag »

I apologize for my lack of common sense here but, isn't it already law that Presidents must be natural born citizens?  So what's the problem with a requirement to prove you're a POTUS candidate abiding by the law?  I will tell you straight up, I don't buy into this birther bullsh**t, and believe the President was born in Hawaii.  However, since when is it against some higher moral code when voting for a bill that enforces law?  If I missed something in this bill I should have read let me know so I can recuse my statement and reform my opinion.

It's already against the law in the US to kill Christian babies in order to use their blood in ritual meals. Neither does any known religious group practice such a ritual. So, why not adopt a law explicitly setting out this prohibition? Since nobody does it, such law can't hurt anyone, can it?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies