Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 04:37:36 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  What kind of phone do you own?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What kind of phone do you own?  (Read 1524 times)
memphis
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2011, 02:30:04 am »
Ignore

I finally succumbed to the inevitable and got a smart phone today. I couldn't handle not having a physical keyboard, so I got the HTC Evo Shift

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I don't want my women talking to people
bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 02:31:31 am »
Ignore

iPhone 4(GSM)

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
afleitch
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 04:04:38 am »

Motorola...with Android! Love it.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 04:10:40 am »
Ignore

Samsung Intensity

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 05:07:11 am »
Ignore

An HTC something or other. Wildfire, I think. It was given to me for Christmas by my parents.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 05:12:19 am »
Ignore

It is capable of calls and texts, and it saves all of my phone numbers so that I don't have to remember them.  Pretty nifty.

A tidal wave of healthcare has swept across coal country. 
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 06:24:42 am »
Ignore

iPhone (the not extremely new one, whatever it's called)
phk
phknrocket1k
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 07:30:04 am »
Ignore

iPhone 3GS, decided to skip 4

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 07:37:55 am »
Ignore

Samsung Evergreen.

I'm a teenaged male. Everything is wrong with me.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 10:55:16 am »
Ignore

Droid X. Smiley

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 10:59:10 am »
Ignore

Droid X. Smiley

Good choice........I have the cheapest free motorola phone ever made........but I've dropped a 100 times and it won't break, so I'm keeping it.....here it is (the exact one)

updaters remind me of scumbags.

Tomorrow, I will probably have Chick-fil-a for lunch and try to eat light when I go to the McDonald's on the turnpike for dinner.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 11:20:55 am »
Ignore

Droid X. Smiley

Good choice........I have the cheapest free motorola phone ever made........but I've dropped a 100 times and it won't break, so I'm keeping it.....here it is (the exact one)

I love the droid more. I use ot have your phone but in the 6th grade! Tongue it was my first cellphone. So cool to me then. Yet 6months later I hated it. I never had the coolest whatever.

angus
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:35:30 am »
Ignore

I have the same Moto phone that Gramps has.  Except that mine has lots of teeth marks on it.
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 11:49:46 am »
Ignore

I have a blackberry bold.. or something like that. I really dont know.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 12:08:18 pm »
Ignore

iPhone 4
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 12:17:18 pm »
Ignore

I have the same Moto phone that Gramps has.  Except that mine has lots of teeth marks on it.

Has the boy grown out of chewing it yet, or do you just find it hard to part with the reliable phone?

Tomorrow, I will probably have Chick-fil-a for lunch and try to eat light when I go to the McDonald's on the turnpike for dinner.
angus
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 01:16:47 pm »
Ignore

Has the boy grown out of chewing it yet, or do you just find it hard to part with the reliable phone?

Ha.  It's an amazing little sweatshop-made trinket.  I got it soon after we moved to CF, in about August '07.  You know the deal, you sign up for two years service and they give you a free phone.  It may not exactly be the same model as yours, but it looks like yours, probably has the same features.  And it's not a bad deal.  Unlimited weekend, holiday, and after 5PM weekdays minutes, and 500 minutes free per month during the 9-5 time.  It's 29.95 per month.  And I've never been charged over 29.95 plus tax, so I assume I've never gone over 500 minutes during the peak hours.  Hell, I've probably never gone over 100 minutes. 

Anyway, the two years were up and it still worked, so I stayed with it.  Going on 4 years now.  They send me letters once in a while saying I can get a new free phone (a really nifty one that can scratch my back and wipe my ass and tell me the temperature), if I sign up for two more years.  Why the hell would I do that?  Right now I go month to month and talk as much as I want, which isn't much, and I can cancel at any time.  The phone still works.  At least it makes calls and receives text messages.  I wouldn't know about sending them since I've never sent one and don't really have any desire to start. 

I think they're pissed that it lasted two years longer than they thought it would.  You gotta figure that they expect those little phones to last, on average, two years.  That's why the contract says the phone is free if you keep the service for two years.  It's been dropped, thrown, sweated on, spilled, and chewed on, and it's still working fine.

No, he's not biting it anymore.  Back then, I'd give him the phone and say, "Talk to Mama."  Soon as he heard the word Mama I guess his subconscious went into overdrive and his mouth would start sucking and chewing.  Eventually he figured out that the phone was a poor substitute for tit.  But he outgrew the oral phase.  Finally.  He got fully weaned at about age 3, so it really only got chewed on the first few months I had it. 
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 01:27:21 pm »
Ignore

I think they're pissed that it lasted two years longer than they thought it would.  You gotta figure that they expect those little phones to last, on average, two years.  That's why the contract says the phone is free if you keep the service for two years.  It's been dropped, thrown, sweated on, spilled, and chewed on, and it's still working fine.

Mine too......got in early 2007.......I get the same free phone with a 2 year commitment offers.....shove it, I say!!!  I've only committed to one thing in my life for greater than 2 years.......well 30  years now, actually......I wonder if I can trade her in a new model with only a 2-year commitment on the new one?  Hmmmmmm.  Wink

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 04:45:29 pm »
Ignore

I always keep the cheapest Nokia I can as long as I can (they usually last 2-5 years).  I have to say I hate complicated phones and like the simplicity of the cheap Nokia (they also usually have a little flashlight function that I prize).

Here we just buy the phone (maybe $30 for a cheap Nokia), and the phone number - another $1.50 or $3, and then just pay for the minutes by buying refill codes at 7-11.  I love it, can't believe americans have to commit and all that nonsense.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 04:48:52 pm »
Ignore

I always keep the cheapest Nokia I can as long as I can (they usually last 2-5 years).  I have to say I hate complicated phones and like the simplicity of the cheap Nokia (they also usually have a little flashlight function that I prize).

Here we just buy the phone (maybe $30 for a cheap Nokia), and the phone number - another $1.50 or $3, and then just pay for the minutes by buying refill codes at 7-11.  I love it, can't believe americans have to commit and all that nonsense.

Some of us do it because its cheaper, some do it to improve our credit score, but the rest of us do it because you touch yourself at night.

Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 04:53:14 pm »
Ignore

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 04:55:16 pm »
Ignore

Some of us do it because its cheaper, some do it to improve our credit score, but the rest of us do it because you touch yourself at night.

I do it because I'm also a shareholder of my wireless company.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 04:58:21 pm »
Ignore

I thought you had no choice?

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 05:24:58 pm »
Ignore

I thought you had no choice?

Well, there are only about 50 cases in the country where its known that phone companies will hold a entire family hositage to have a contract. Sadly, I'm one of them who will be paying for the next 10 years to release them. But the rest of the country makes the choice of going with a contract, or a prepaid phone.

angus
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 08:06:00 pm »
Ignore

I love it, can't believe americans have to commit and all that nonsense.

I'm pretty sure no one has to commit to any of it.  Even us married guys have some say in the matter.  And would you really rather go into a 7-11 every few days rather than pay a bill once a month?  Remember, that bill only comes once a month, and it's just a click and a few strokes of the keyboard to pay it.  And, frankly, I'd imagine that thirty dollars is as easy to come by here as 3 dollars is in Thailand. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout