Rank these cities from most liberal to most conservative
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:43:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rank these cities from most liberal to most conservative
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rank these cities from most liberal to most conservative  (Read 12020 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 06:58:27 AM »

America's divisions may have more to do with geography than anything else.

If you walked into a restaurant or store in Portland or San Francisco, or Cleveland or New York and asked the person working there, "Excuse me, do you know where there is a place I can buy a gun?" and lit a cigarette....they would freak out and tell you no smoking allowed.

If you walked into a place in say...Tulsa or Oklahoma City or Memphis...they'd tell you about a "store down the street that sells guns" and then offer you a lite for your cigarette.

It is truly like night and day. Even here in Northern Ohio. Once you drive south towards Kentucky or West Virginia, everything changes as if you're in the middle of rural Oklahoma. In the late Fall of 2004, my older sister drove down to South Carolina with her friends. As they drove to pick one friend up in the Cleveland area all they saw were "Kerry/Edwards" signs and not one Bush/Cheney sign or bumper sticker. As soon as they got about 80 miles south of Cleveland, she said they saw more Bush/Cheney signs than they can count and not one John Kerry sign.

Truly like night and day depending where in America you're at.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 07:35:05 AM »

one place where the coastal inland divide is drastic is in the San Diego area. The area in the 53rd district is the democratic stronghold of the city where a lot of rich people, skateboarders/surfers/stoners, cheech and chong types, and BRTD like hipsters live. If one goes only five miles inland to the 52nd district; its basically methheads, trailer parks and rednecks that live in them, and gun ownership is probably really high. Santee supposedly has the nickname "Klantee". This is also the home turf of the militaristic and sometimes xenophobic Hunter crime family (not in the sense of actually committing crimes but in the sense of being the kingmakers in local politics)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 11:06:31 AM »

If you walked into a restaurant or store in Portland or San Francisco, or Cleveland or New York and asked the person working there, "Excuse me, do you know where there is a place I can buy a gun?" and lit a cigarette....they would freak out and tell you no smoking allowed.

If you walked into a place in say...Tulsa or Oklahoma City or Memphis...they'd tell you about a "store down the street that sells guns" and then offer you a lite for your cigarette.

LOL. This reminds me of that time I was at a gas station in Minneapolis and could smell something near the counter that was like marijuana. I asked the clerk if anyone who had been smoking had been in lately and he was like "I don't know but damn I wish I had some weed now!" and asked me if I had any. So yeah a gas station clerk was openly asking a customer for weed. Now imagine if Naso were also in the gas station and how he'd react.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »

LOL. This reminds me of that time I was at a gas station in Minneapolis and could smell something near the counter that was like marijuana. I asked the clerk if anyone who had been smoking had been in lately and he was like "I don't know but damn I wish I had some weed now!" and asked me if I had any. So yeah a gas station clerk was openly asking a customer for weed. Now imagine if Naso were also in the gas station and how he'd react.

Both of these posts combined would make for the most epic chapter of a coming of age novel ever.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies